test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't connect to account server

I can't connect to the game server, I keep getting stuck at the pop-up window. My internet is working fine and I could get in the game yesterday. This is the first time this has happened. I think it may have something to do with my region and the region the game's server is in. I'm in Australia. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried restarting my computer and the router. I'm thinking of re-installing the game but it generally takes my computer a long time to download the game so I'm treating it as a last resort. Any help is appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    nemicronnemicron Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    this company is in more then a few countries. and they cant BE BOTHERED TO SPEND MONEY to make sure their server works properly. they are only making millions off of several games
  • Options
    hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    Hello @doedoe21doe#3864 Is it possible for you to take a screenshot and post it. I personally can recommend https://postimages.org/ as they allow you to post without the need for any account. Paste the link here and I will attempt to assist you. @nemicron Please remember this is a thread about players helping players and your rant doesn't offer any help. This is not the place to debate corporations or their support as this is not read by them, it is read only by other players.

I am going to assume you are getting up to a screen showing the Avernus Wasteland and getting the typical unable to connect to account server and no character is showing? It is possible the game is down for maintenance on Tuesday and Thursdays, but normally only lasts a few hours.

I have noticed the client launcher will sometimes changes IP during updates. I don't know how in depth your PC skills are, so forgive me, if I appear to keep this simple as possible.

1. DO NOT open Arc or Steam launcher, if Arc or Steam is running exit out of those launchers.
    2. Locate the place Neverwinter executable, you can do a file search for Neverwinter.exe It should be in a folder titled Cryptic Studios.
    3. Select the Neverwinter.exe to run it.
    4. You will be prompted to enter username and password HOWEVER at the top of the window is Options, click there first.
    5. No check marks, except "Force Verify" and "Safe Mode" check mark these both.
    6. Press Save and now enter username and password.
    7. Go watch something or have a meal, "Force Verify" will be a long process of checking all files are correct.
    8. You will need to reset all the graphic settings, the game will be in a window mode once it starts.... assuming it starts.

If you have already done all this, and still have no luck, write back and I will see what we can try next.
  • Options
    nemicronnemicron Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    > @hotfrostworm said:
    > Hello @"doedoe21doe#3864" Is it possible for you to take a screenshot and post it. I personally can recommend https://postimages.org/ as they allow you to post without the need for any account. Paste the link here and I will attempt to assist you. @nemicron Please remember this is a thread about players helping players and your rant doesn't offer any help. This is not the place to debate corporations or their support as this is not read by them, it is read only by other players.
    >
    > I am going to assume you are getting up to a screen showing the Avernus Wasteland and getting the typical unable to connect to account server and no character is showing? It is possible the game is down for maintenance on Tuesday and Thursdays, but normally only lasts a few hours.
    >
    > I have noticed the client launcher will sometimes changes IP during updates. I don't know how in depth your PC skills are, so forgive me, if I appear to keep this simple as possible.
    >
    > 1. DO NOT open Arc or Steam launcher, if Arc or Steam is running exit out of those launchers.
    > 2. Locate the place Neverwinter executable, you can do a file search for Neverwinter.exe It should be in a folder titled Cryptic Studios.
    > 3. Select the Neverwinter.exe to run it.
    > 4. You will be prompted to enter username and password HOWEVER at the top of the window is Options, click there first.
    > 5. No check marks, except "Force Verify" and "Safe Mode" check mark these both.
    > 6. Press Save and now enter username and password.
    > 7. Go watch something or have a meal, "Force Verify" will be a long process of checking all files are correct.
    > 8. You will need to reset all the graphic settings, the game will be in a window mode once it starts.... assuming it starts.
    >
    > If you have already done all this, and still have no luck, write back and I will see what we can try next.

then you might consider actually getting to fix their hardware instead of making money. as far as being a rant. im actually being nice.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    I don't know what hardware they can fix to make work better. They have one server (in California) to serve international. I don't live in US and I don't have connection problem at all. I am on PC though.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

I don't know what hardware they can fix to make work better. They have one server (in California) to serve international. I don't live in US and I don't have connection problem at all. I am on PC though.

You brought up a good point (about being on PC) if you are having this issue on a console, I cannot assist you.

They have one server in or near San Jose, CA. The poster said they are in living in Australia. I happen to know Australia has poor internet (if you live anywhere on the continent) due to the location globally. Australians complain about their internet access. A lot. And for good reason. Under the Clinton administration optical fiber was distributed through most of the US, deploying fiber is expensive and doesn't generate the kind of short-term financial reward that most business are after. When the government is flipping the bill you definitely take advantage of their offers. Australia uses copper wire and connects them to "nodes" in most cases, and these little lime green boxes are under attack by auto accidents. Other than that, Australia is globally located below the equator. This makes it hard to access from space as most communication satellites tend to be set for the Northern hemisphere. Sorry guys, you need to get out there and push Australia to the North a bit more.

@nemicron I have no influence with Cryptic Studios or their parent company Perfect World Entertainment. I would assume PWE has the say on how much budget they have for hardware upgrades. Telling Cryptic Studios to upgrade a server or build another elsewhere, would be like telling R. A. Salvatore you didn't like the quality of paper and ink used in his last novel.
  • Options
    neverzoid#2207 neverzoid Member Posts: 1 New User
    There are problems with the games account creation, i am a new player and wanted to create an account to log-in to neverwinter. but for some reason it does not accept my date of birth, but it has made an account on the site -_-. is there any one here that can help me ?
  • Options

There are problems with the games account creation, i am a new player and wanted to create an account to log-in to neverwinter. but for some reason it does not accept my date of birth, but it has made an account on the site -_-. is there any one here that can help me ?

Unless something changed along the way, your forum account is your game account. You can sign into the game, if you can log on and post in this forum. I know there are those using a separate account (for additional security and privacy) to talk here on the forums and the other to play in the game.

Also I was unaware of any age check on this game? There is an optional Account Guard that reads your IP and informs you are on another machine. That sends you email with a code to access your account from the second machine. Other than that, you really should have no issue logging on to the game.