test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dark Enchantments / Companion influence going away

The latest news is that Companion Influence is going away.
We have received explanation about Bondings. And that we kind of get a refund /exchange method on those.
Yet this summer I invested real money in the R15 Enchantment stone choice packs and got all Utility slots nicely filled with R15 Darks for obvious reasons...

As far as I understand they now become obsolete...
What is your plan to refund these, since they will plummet in price on the AH and essentially I made an investment that is straight down the drain...

What is your plan with Utility slots all together, since first you nerfed Tacticals, which are now the only thing that acre still at least going to do SOMETHING helpful... And the rest of the utility stones are imho useless anyway: XP, gold, extra drop chance of cr*p I don't need, Glory gain... all useless. Or do Darks get a different USEFUL perk that you have not shared with us yet?

Please shed a light on this and I hope you will give us something decent in return for everyone that has got Dark Enchantments.
I propose we all get a R15 choice pack for each dark Enchantment we have.

Comments

• dustcow#4870 dustcow Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    And of course forgot to mention the other items that give you Companion influence like Insignia's of Dominance...

Man, so far I am NOT looking forward to this update at all...
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    You’re not the only one with those feelings .
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Not to mention anyone using an Augment, so 90% of people; will be straight up losing 210% of their stats minus any extra CI if they have R15 Bondings in all slots.

This is just a straight up cop-out to force a ton of unnecessary upgrades to Mythic to MAYBE get a fraction of our stats back.

Around 30% of players stats come from their companions as well, this even heavily hits maxed out End Game players.

I'll sit and watch what happens, if when it goes live; without touching anything on my characters, my stats drop even a SINGLE point then I'm out.

I've defended them since Alpha days on PC through every decision they've made but not this one. I'll have little difficulty convincing every one of the people I've introduced to the game to drop it as well, that's a few thousand over each platform alone.

I'll also be encouraging any and everybody else who has put time and effort into this to do the same.
  • elderrobot#7352 elderrobot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It's a little sad. My impression is that there is little investment in the game, and it gets tougher and tougher for customers and players. I'm not interested in anger or blame. The people at Cryptic are probably trying their best, I'm not going to dump on them. The community has (or had) lots of cool people, though, which is what made the game playable for me for the past few years. Most people I know left the game at or since mod 16, though, and now maybe it's my turn.
  • poltergeister#7132 poltergeister Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Whats going on with the radiants as well? I see alot of people getting rid of them cheap and want to know what to expect. Or any links to relevant information is appreciated. Thanks.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

Whats going on with the radiants as well? I see alot of people getting rid of them cheap and want to know what to expect. Or any links to relevant information is appreciated. Thanks.

Go to preview forum to read posts.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***