test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'm new and confused

seraphim#3630 seraphim Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
I downloaded Neverwinter about a week ago, played for a few hours, then haven't had time to play again until tonight. When the launcher loaded it seems to be downloading/patching the entire game again... is this normal behavior?

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,305 Arc User

I downloaded Neverwinter about a week ago, played for a few hours, then haven't had time to play again until tonight. When the launcher loaded it seems to be downloading/patching the entire game again... is this normal behavior?

If you have not played for a week, there are at least 2 patches. The patch on Tuesday (yesterday) is about 400MB. I don't remember the size of the last patch.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    seraphim#3630 seraphim Member Posts: 3 Arc User

If you have not played for a week, there are at least 2 patches. The patch on Tuesday (yesterday) is about 400MB. I don't remember the size of the last patch.

Ok, that would make sense then. I was confused why there was almost 4 gigs trying to be patched. Thanks.
  • Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Neverwinter generally gets one patch per week after server maintenance.

Some weeks is just maintenance with no patch.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,118 Arc User
    Also consider turning off the the "Patch On Demand" option in the launcher. Will help in game.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.