test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Charthraxis and the rest of them

crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 118 Arc User
edited November 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
Was thinking, i see many lowlvl have problem killing the dragon Charthraxis tho many 80is nuke it before it even lands..

Why dont make maybe 1 instance with level cap, as in Neverdeath that is lvl25-30 area, there the cap is lvl~40 or less?
If u are above that level, u just cant get in to that particular instance. Higher level gets into regular ones.

And for the others, same there.. 1 capped instance per area, up to lvl70 or something, when not needed anymore.
For myself, i would prefer an capped instance when im playing with my alts.

Sorry my bad english.
/Greets
Post edited by crusthelvete on

Comments

• Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,135 Arc User
    Back before MOD16 it was scaled so it could not be killed so easily. I don't see why they can't do that again.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    Hm yes, maybe re-do that scale stuff so the dragons gets a little tougher again.
  • Options
    eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    I can think of one time I was at Charthraxis and there were several lv80s. One person said, "At-Wills Only please, let everyone get a hit." And it worked.

To this day, I still take that approach for all of those zone bosses.

You could always try that. Personally, once I got a high enough level to do the other ones for my Weekly quest, I usually went to the higher level zones. But not everybody does that, and if they haven't progressed far enough in the campaign, they might not be able to.

With a Bonus Currency coming up, I'm expecting bigger turnouts. It would be nice to see courtesy prevail.
    Call me El, she/her only. Currently Professions-only until the next combat change fixes this mess.
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    As someone who is advancing this campaign, I agree with your post, I kiII them so fast they onIy Iive for around 3-5 secs
  • Options
    xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Maybe give the dragon immunity to damage until it lands?
  • Options
    hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I am somewhat in the dark, why would you be here at level 80? What is the need?

I seem to recall, from my brief visit, the area near the dragon levels you down to 30.

If you party up with a level 80 player, do you still get credit for killing the dragon?
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    You can be any level to hit the dragon as it lands....it isn't level locked somehow. Point cursor at the Dragon and attack it (both ranged and melee hits will work), as long as you do damage you can get credit. At least until they do get around to balancing the Dragons better.
  • Options
    rheylinsark#1888 rheylinsark Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    That would be Level 80s still collecting the boons from the Tyranny of Dragons campaign. One of the currencies needed to buy the boon is "Page of Arcane Lore," and it has a very small weekly cap. The weekly repeatable quest "Defeating Dragons" is the biggest single source for that currency (10), so that's why you'll see 80s there on the regular.

If memory serves: no hit, no credit, even if you're in a party with someone who gets a shot in. Honestly, at this point they should just make those particular dragons behave like the ape BHE in Vallenhas, where you get credit just for being on the arena grounds and with no hit necessary.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    When I need to do the Defeating Dragons quest, my preference is to only look at Icespire Peak, Rothe Valley and Whispering Caverns. A very geared level 80 can still trash them but mostly it's a decent enough fight and there really isn't a worry that someone won't get credit. You can still access those areas and fight the dragons even if they aren't unlocked in the campaign.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Didn't they massively increase low level dungeon boss HP? seems that way from the dungeons I just did yesterday. Maybe make Charthraxis spawn with much more HP if the game detects one or more level 60 or higher players in the area?
  • Options
    hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    1) Cap access to depend on IL. If you equip gear appropriate for the area, you get access. Disable all powers not appropriate for the area (Artifacts, Dailies, and encounters above the level)

2) Use a Doohickey if you are Melee to hit the dragon before it lands.

• Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User

1) Cap access to depend on IL. If you equip gear appropriate for the area, you get access. Disable all powers not appropriate for the area (Artifacts, Dailies, and encounters above the level)

2) Use a Doohickey if you are Melee to hit the dragon before it lands.

You just described the worst possible way anyone could implement it. F no.
  • Options
    beckar83#7761 beckar83 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I was literally in tears over that Dragon today!! The lv 80's LAUGHED at us that asked in Zone chat to allow the dragon to land, so that those of us that are Paladins, ect... could get our hit in. Took two times today and yesterday it took 4 tries, 80 MINUTES of standing around, to finally get one hit.
    PLEASE disable anything beside at-wills in charthraxas!!!!!!! or limit high lv's to every other spawn time.
  • Options
    eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    The upcoming Combat changes will almost certainly address this issue. I watched a couple of well geared Lv.80 characters on Preview take a very long time to whittle Charthraxis down because of the new adjusted way that the area around the Dragon scales. This is an area where the Combat change should be to everyone's benefit. Except maybe the troll-players, but I don't consider them.
    Call me El, she/her only. Currently Professions-only until the next combat change fixes this mess.