test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I Think Random Queues Would 'pop' Faster If...

dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
edited November 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
For a while now I've been reading Zone chat with people complaining how long it takes some dungeon and skirmish queues to pop...
I myself have been stuck for several minutes waiting for either the mandatory class of player or an available queue, often to see: "Queue canceled because of player declines".

Perhaps one of the game guru's could check to see how often players have queued for a dungeon or skirmish while they are already running a dungeon or skirmish, or evaluate why this is even possible? I'm thinking players not able to queue for a dungeon or skirmish while they are in a dungeon or skirmish would seriously decrease the instances of players waiting longer times to join a queue or having to wait due to "player declines"... maybe.

I seriously doubt a player will drop out of a dungeon or skirmish they are already engaged in just to start a new dungeon or skirmish, so the usual response is to either ignore the prompt to join the new queue or cancel (then attempt to join a new random queue) while they are still engaged in dungeon or skirmish.
DD~

Comments

• nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    I thought Queue is greyed out while completing a dungeon/instance. If someone is in Queue and they are in a dungeon/skirm it is because they completed it and left their old Q or getting reQ for another Queue.

The top three reasons I've heard people "declining" is because 1) They were afk/bio, 2) They were interacting with an NPC and not seeing Queue pop 3) They are Qsyncing into a specific dungeon to help.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    People can join multiple q's at once. I do not think the extra are canceled when one pops, but I could be wrong.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    They can't join multiple randoms at the same time.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • melechestmelechest Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    You cant queue into something if you are already running a dungeon or trial, unless its is finished. You cant even do it if you are in a private dungeon/trial.
    The reason queue timers are as long as they are is because of the lack of tanks and healers in the game. Many have left and many have switched to dps. And a lot of them join pre-made groups because its just very easy to find one as tank/healer and it will be faster and easier to finish a dungeon, so they dont directly queue up. The queue timers are long only if you are a dps.
    As a tank, it never takes more than 10-15secs for a queue to pop up. Same goes for healers.

Unless Cryptic does something that makes people want to play tanks and healers, they queue timers will only be going up.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    I play a tank, and quit doing any queue's. Partly because of changes Cryptic has made in the game, partly because of other players attitudes.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    kharkov58 said:

I play a tank, and quit doing any queue's. Partly because of changes Cryptic has made in the game, partly because of other players attitudes.

yeah I quit tanking years ago for the same reason.

I switched to DPS... then DPS for random q got impossible in a pug to pop so I switched to healer.

Then they nerfed healer.

I play very casually now and only that content I enjoy.