test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game freezing

So, roughly after 5 minutes of playing the game freezes in a weird way.

I can move forwards or backwards in my car but not left or right. I also can't leave my car, or really do much of anything.

I've recorded a video and requested help from my character ingame but I'm not sure if that worked either.

Lemme kno if you need a video. My network isnt the problem, for what its worth

Comments

• hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I don't know your depth of knowledge about this game, forgive me if these are things you have tried.

As soon as you can; type /netgraph 1 into the chat box. This will display the connectivity between your client and the server. In the lower right corner is a green graphic showing the latency. Large green spikes are latency. Solid green is complete loss of signal. At this point, you should see red text message telling you of the server disconnect with a timer. This doesn't mean it is your problem, however unless others are having the same issues it could be on your end or someplace between your location and the servers.

The other option to try is reboot the software in "safe mode". This is not Windows safe mode but the client's safe mode. Under the options, before you log in, scroll down. You should see the categories;
    • Language
    • Launcher
    • Patching
    • Game
    In the Game category, there is a tick box "Safe mode", check it then log into the game. This results in running the game in window box mode and reduced graphics settings. If you can run the game in this mode without issues, then the hardware could be having issues. I am not calling your PC a toaster, just some of their programs have issues with even the newest GPU drivers. Unfortunately the game will under perform on the better settings when this happens.

If non of that appears to work, you should attempt a trouble ticket and be sure to tell them all your system information and steps you have tried. Send screenshots and anything else you can think of offer them. I try very hard to be patient with their trouble shooters as they seem to read it from a book without any personal knowledge themselves. I have no idea who is on the other end, but I suspect the trouble shooters are an outsourced firm.

Feel free to come back here, but keep in mind, we are players and not Cryptic staff.
  • leonatus#6568 leonatus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue but I'll do as you said and get back to you
    This problem started since last week tho
  • av8tor#8503 av8tor Member Posts: 1 New User
    BUG!!! Crashing on Xbox One.

I am playing in Cold Run, and every time I approach the Frost Giant RuneWielder the game crashes and throws me out, restarting the game. EVERY TIME.