test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1st thoughts on Teleportation Hubs

burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
I love them! This is a great addition to the game and an excellent improvement to quality of life. I'm VIP 12 but I still find the teleportation hubs to be very useful. For example I like the location of some of the hubs because it allows me to teleport directly to an area where I can pick up and turn in quests as opposed to the travel gate. It's a small things but really is appreciated. My only complaint would be that you can only teleport once per hour or pay a fee. It would be nice if VIP 1 gave players the ability to use infinite teleports. This would not replace the Sign Post because you can only set one location as your hub at a time. Maybe at higher levels of VIP players could get multiple HUB locations to chose to teleport between? Just an idea. Overall though I think the Teleportation Hubs are awesome!
Tagged:

Comments

• rheylinsark#1888 rheylinsark Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I didn't think the hubs would be very useful for me at all, but I was wrong. One in particular has proven quite useful: teleporting to the Wandering Emporium in Avernus from the Citadel. Even though they are both on the map, you can't travel from one to the other while inside the confines of Avernus. Saves a lot of travel time when it comes to turning in Path of the Fallen quests. Unless it's a bug that you can't use the map for travel between the two, and not a feature. :-)

Tying enhanced use of the teleportation hubs to higher VIP levels as described (even a new Rank 13, maybe?) would be nice.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

I didn't think the hubs would be very useful for me at all, but I was wrong. One in particular has proven quite useful: teleporting to the Wandering Emporium in Avernus from the Citadel. Even though they are both on the map, you can't travel from one to the other while inside the confines of Avernus. Saves a lot of travel time when it comes to turning in Path of the Fallen quests. Unless it's a bug that you can't use the map for travel between the two, and not a feature. :-)

Tying enhanced use of the teleportation hubs to higher VIP levels as described (even a new Rank 13, maybe?) would be nice.

Yes, that is the only 'useful' use for me so far. I consider it is a 'semi bug' for not able to teleport between valid spots within the big map. Before the hub, I sigpost to workshop and sigpost back. The hub makes the process faster. However, there is only one hub in the whole map. I still need to do "sigpost to workshop and sigpost back" to 'Wastes' which is where I go more often.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User

Yes, that is the only 'useful' use for me so far. I consider it is a 'semi bug' for not able to teleport between valid spots within the big map. Before the hub, I sigpost to workshop and sigpost back. The hub makes the process faster. However, there is only one hub in the whole map. I still need to do "sigpost to workshop and sigpost back" to 'Wastes' which is where I go more often.
    I wouldn't consider it a bug. As long as I've been playing (5+ years) traveling between locations on the same map hasn't been possible within the map. I would consider it an annoyance. I agree we should be able to travel between the Citadel and the "main" map because you do have to go through a load screen. I understand why you would call it a bug. But, say, in EE campaign you go into instances that require a load screen but are still considered part of the map. It definitely feels wrong that you can't just use the signpost in that situation. I was surprised and disappointed when I found that I could not travel between those 2 locations without having to go to my workshop also. I wonder if the way the Redeem Citadel campaign works has something to do with it. Because the Citadel is coded to interact with the progress of actions of players on the Avernus map it may force the devs to code it in a way that does not allow travel between location on the map via signpost. Maybe that's the real reason behind why they put teleportation hubs into the game?

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    If you have VIP... The Chasm has always been my teleport hub. It warps you in at a door. Turnaround and go anywhere from there. The new teleporting stones make that possible a little faster once per hour. They are probably useful for players that are actually performing quests in places like Well of Dragons, to get back quickly. Changing maps, more than anything, breaks the continuous feel of the game, whereas the teleport hubs feel like they are part of Neverwinter itself.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited October 2020

I wouldn't consider it a bug. As long as I've been playing (5+ years) traveling between locations on the same map hasn't been possible within the map. I would consider it an annoyance. I agree we should be able to travel between the Citadel and the "main" map because you do have to go through a load screen. I understand why you would call it a bug. But, say, in EE campaign you go into instances that require a load screen but are still considered part of the map. It definitely feels wrong that you can't just use the signpost in that situation. I was surprised and disappointed when I found that I could not travel between those 2 locations without having to go to my workshop also. I wonder if the way the Redeem Citadel campaign works has something to do with it. Because the Citadel is coded to interact with the progress of actions of players on the Avernus map it may force the devs to code it in a way that does not allow travel between location on the map via signpost. Maybe that's the real reason behind why they put teleportation hubs into the game?

If you bring up the sigpost, there is no other spots you can't go regardless where you are.
    I believe the reason they can't do it is because they are in the same instance. Avernus Wastes, Emporium and Citadel are in the same instance. Since the teleport scroll can go to Citadel within the instance, I don't see why technically signpost can't.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***