test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

some game suggestions

kaaskeizer#5209 kaaskeizer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited October 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
Hi, there was a previous post i had found on "quality of life suggestions"
after posting there they redirected me to here since most likely my previously posted comment will be deleted.
not sure if any of u agree on there but these are some of the suggestions of me and several friends that i have picked up since i joined this game.
none of these have been prioritized in any kind of way, i just felt it was needed to open up on the following toppics since its a common thing for us to banter about though nobody ever drops the suggestion in the forums.
Seeing im usually not too good with intros ill simply have to jump to them, without further ado, here are some of our main pointers.

Suggestion: (on scaling) Simply cap stats to maximum values, this way people will feel punished less for entering dungeons with end game gear, or upscale dungeons based on average item level but also increase loot if you do. current stat scaling forces you to unequip items to maximize your potential wich is not only tedious but makes your hours of farming for end game gear feel useless since youll have to unequip most of it to reach your characters true potential during those runs!

Suggestion: on Ques... please remove the accept for dungeon que question before popping the dungeon. it can already be tough to make a group with your friends, alliance members or even random people. what makes it tedious? someone missing out on the que cause they were grabbing some water, taking a dump or answering the door/a phone call. having to reform your que all over again makes it all the more annoying. so please remove que confirmation when quing up with a que group, or add the option to join randoms from private que menu without bonus ad for filling a certain role. my eyes have been glued to the screen for too long in some occasions!!!

Suggestion: add a mimic and guild quest giver at the guild registration so players can get their doing your part quests easier as well as making donations less of a hassle, easier and faster to manage as well

Suggestion: (saw this one fly by and really love the idea) treassure, gem and quest item bags!! by all means, yes please!!

Suggestion: make older artifacts relevant again/ spread usefull gear in older campaigns, this increases players tendency to complete certain dungeons & zones like chult or ravenloft

Suggestion: easier boon books!! link them to certain quests so you dont have to endlessly have to keep farming the same dungeons in the hopes of having that one single book drop!!

Suggestion: add sort all option in inventory to instantly sort ALL ITEMS IN ALL BAGS IN ONE GO. current only option is to sort per bag causing your potions, treassures and gear still being scattered all over the place, alternatively add option to lock a bag from getting sorted with the rest.

Suggestion; add feminine titles for female characters instead of "master of" changed to "Mistress of" etc.

lastly a question on where i can give campaign suggestions? i have many for i have been dungeon master for 12 years now and know a decent bit about the lore to say i could add in some spice to the current stories. (shortened examples include; add spelljammers and space campaign, till then gith shall be underrated. Add a magical shield in the well of dragons for elminster please, he is too keen and knowledgable to simply remain standing on a pile of dragon gold in the center of a location for their rituals wich is outright daft. PLEASE SORT YOUR DEMON/DEVIL MESS, THEY SHOULD BE FIGHTING NOT KISSING/HOLDING HANDS!!)

hope these speak for many and will reach some developers ears, theres plenty more id like to suggest but i think this list has most covered considdering gameplay. special thanks to plasticbat for suggesting the repost here.

Greetings from the Netherlands,

~D
Tagged:

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Scaling is still a WIP. They are going to be doing more with it, but they are doing it slowly in little parts.

The Accept dungeon queue question is good for weeding out those people who may be AFK. Nothing worse than trying to start a dungeon with someone who's AFK. Especially with the skirmishes where you have to gather at a door before going in.

For your Sort all suggestion - that is already in the game. Go to your inventory options. That's been in the game for over a year now, as well as the option to lock a bag from being sorted.

Good suggestions though. You can give campaign suggestions here in the player feedback forums, but know that Wizards of the Coast approves all the story lines and whatnot that goes into the game.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    Well, more/bigger bags is a different issue than sorting.

Between treasure maps, gems, insignias, and hunt trophies there are more than enough things to clutter up your bags, and the craft materials bag is wholly inadequate for it's job once you get to the higher levels of everything.

No amount of sorting is going to give you more space if you have a stack of bound peridots, a stack of unbound peridots, and a stack of peridot +1s.

And while I realize that the devs want to sell every character the largest bags they have, and cluttering things up helps with that, none of that helps with crafting stuff.

They want to sell bags/bag space? Start selling more bags for crafting materials or at least more slots within the bag we have.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Quite honestly, I see the space issue as minor and easily fixable.
    • Add a guy in the Crafting shop (once you hit max craft shop rank), that will sell access to a secondary storage for materials for 1 million AD. It's an AD sink and solves issue.
    • Add to guild halls, at the place where you can buy gear, a storage for "Bound to Character" items. Our inventory gets full of this stuff and its not like players are gonna exploit it to get rich. It's a safe storage dump and gives guilds another construction task to eat some resources.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Yes to more "typed" bags. We need them. Space is a real problem in this game. I have 4 types of preservation wards that doesnt stack. Dungeon hunts that doesnt stack, different types of maps, gear. Even with full maxed bags I have problems.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • mark1971jmsmark1971jms Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    Add the ability to see everything in a bag, very useful if you are crafting and need gold or making items to convert into gold bars.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    Nice suggestions :)
    Quest items bag is a very good QoL, but not as normal bag with X slots, but just as an overflow/useful items one, appearing on top of all bags and active only if you have at least 1 quest item.
    As for gem bag for example, it would be better to make RP shareable, like AD, gold, etc.
    A non stackable hunts/lures are big PITA :s
This discussion has been closed.