test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Masquerade of Liars: Which team this year?

mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
So with the new team revealed here, https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11480013, which team is going to be the popular choice this year?

Maize Masters (the scarecrow)?

Toil and Trouble (the witch)?

Crypt Collectors (the new team, sort of a ghostly wight image)?

I suspect Crypt Collectors will be the popular choice.

Comments

• Options
    cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    Agreed, ghost seems cool, but the witch is also tempting. Hopefully, we can figure out which team will be picked, so we can all enjoy the rewards.
  • Options
    cococya said:

Agreed, ghost seems cool, but the witch is also tempting. Hopefully, we can figure out which team will be picked, so we can all enjoy the rewards.

I have been partial to the scarecrow since the first year of this, but so far I have managed to put my personal preferences aside and successfully guessed what the crowd favorites would be.

I hate this system though. Everyone that does the work needed to earn a mask should be able to get the mask they want.
    As it is, if a fair majority pick a single faction then there is nothing that people in the other factions can do. No amount of extra work that can reasonably be done to make up for the sheer numbers pushing the one faction to victory.

After one day I would guess that the devs would all be able to safely wager on the winning side, barring some absurd drop-off in playing.

I would rather they had made a dozen or so masks from the start, then each year roll out three of them. Have some specific event activity that pays off in some specific currency that can be used to buy any of those masks. As they think of more new masks they can mix them in.
    Say, year 1 would have been Knotty Roots, Maize Masters, and Toil and Trouble, as it was. If you earned 10 coins (10 days participation in some specific task out of 14 days) then you could buy one of those three masks.

Maybe keep the team idea and each team would have its own themed store.
    In addition to the masks, the Maize Masters could have had a scarecrow companion (removing it from other sources), a crow vanity pet, and a straw horse mount.
    The Toil and Trouble store would have their mask, of course, but also a witch companion, a black cat vanity pet, and a broom mount.
    Knotty Roots could have had a vine blight companion, a twig blight pet, and a... Well, some sort of theme-y mount.

Then the wolves store would have a werewolf companion, a wolf-pup pet, and a unique wolf mount, and so on.

Each year each individual player could decide where they would shop and what they wanted to buy for their efforts and as the years roll by they will start to see factions they already joined and could either re-join for more stuff or pick a different faction and get some of what they have to offer.

But I digress...

• Options
    theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I think our entire alliance will go for the new team and mask.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @mithrosnomore I pointed out in another thread, that team witch (the one I pick every year) has never won. Razorweed and Werewolf won the prior years and the main reason is the poor methodology to this faction event. I will pick on Thursday as I always do, then on the weekend the vast majority will count heads (or hats) and go with the popular vote. I lose again. Even if they hid the display on hats, threads such as this one, and opinion polling the players in PE would still result in an avalanche victory for the popular team.

It will surprise the Sith out of me, if the witch wins this year.

Also please remind all the "new players" this year, the witches sash for the broom mount is in the store after the event. I get sick of all the profanities about the pinatas not dropping them. If they need "proof", I have screen shots from last year. I can and will post them, if needed.

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options

@mithrosnomore I pointed out in another thread, that team witch (the one I pick every year) has never won. Razorweed and Werewolf won the prior years and the main reason is the poor methodology to this faction event. I will pick on Thursday as I always do, then on the weekend the vast majority will count heads (or hats) and go with the popular vote. I lose again. Even if they hid the display on hats, threads such as this one, and opinion polling the players in PE would still result in an avalanche victory for the popular team.

It will surprise the Sith out of me, if the witch wins this year.

Also please remind all the "new players" this year, the witches sash for the broom mount is in the store after the event. I get sick of all the profanities about the pinatas not dropping them. If they need "proof", I have screen shots from last year. I can and will post them, if needed.

Have fun! <3 </p>

Yeah, the other article mentions the witch's sash...

"Enchanted Witch's Sash

Can be found in Beholder Piñatas
    NOTE: The Witch's Sash will also be available for purchase from the Last Chance vendor. "

But the reason for "threads such as this one" is the hope that people can avoid getting short-changed if they wish it.

As I said, I hate this system, but it's the system we have.

I would rather as many people as possible know what the popular team will be so they can come out on the winning side than have a bunch of people end up on the losing end.
    It would be different if everyone that played Maize Masters or Toil and Trouble could pay for *THEIR* mask but, as you know, it doesn't even work that way.

So if only the winning team's mask will be available, and the question is whether a player will get it for free or have to pay for it (or just miss out), then we are all best-served by knowing which faction most people will join.

It is my hope that as many players as possible are able to get the free mask at the end.

I hope that you do not see me as part of the problem here.
    To me, the event itself is the problem.