test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Buying Hunt Lures

Grinding for lures is both boring and frustrating. I went on 12 Level 1 Hunts and me and my party only got 1 Level 2 lure. The spawn rate for Level 2 lures is frustratingly low. Is any one else up for the option of buying Level 2 lures like you can with Level 1 lures? I feel that it would be very welcomed if the devs did that as well as save many players a lot of headaches.

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Wait to see if they are in the store tomorrow or when PC hits 100% on MS3
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I bet you won't like the price if they do go into the store.

Edit: Sorry, just noticed you said lures. Tier 1 trophies are currently in store, so I expect tier 2 trophies to be available in the store soon. I think you will have to settle for the over priced trophies to make your own lures.
  • Options
    cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    3,750 Zariel's favor for a single tier 1 hunt trophy is riciculous, considering you need the chains also for another 3,750 favor. So 7,000 favor to make a single tier 1 hunt lure. No thanks. I decided to give hunts a complete pass. Not worth the aggravation.
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Hunts are to be a challenge, no?

* Hunts are optional
    * Hunt gear will be upgradeable
    * Some players want something to engage them and kill time between events, grinding, or updates
    * It's equally hard for everyone

The easy hunting system would be 100% drop rate. This would only engage completionist collectors for a short burst. For everyone else, we would find the one hunt sequence we needed and obtain our end item in a single hour. The hunt system would be terminated, becoming nothing more than a quick legacy quest on each character's "To-Do" list until the gear itself becomes obsolete. If they go this route... they could just as well put the hunt rewards in our flashing CLAIM box now, and save us the hassle of grabbing them ourselves.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User

3,750 Zariel's favor for a single tier 1 hunt trophy is riciculous, considering you need the chains also for another 3,750 favor. So 7,000 favor to make a single tier 1 hunt lure. No thanks. I decided to give hunts a complete pass. Not worth the aggravation.

Add to the fact that none of the items stack in your inventory these hunts are so annoying I can't be bothered. Too much time, too much trouble and too much frustration.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    The price for the lures is adequate for the time being, as it could be easily exploited were they lower in price.

After the Milestones do finish, reducing their prices could be a very welcome change. 1000 favours per 1 hunt lure seems plausible.

This is only under one specific condition, which is - in case the hunts of tier 2 will have bad drop rates. In case the tier 2 gives a very bad drop chance, then 500 favours should be the lowest price for the components.

-----------

What we're seeing here is same situation like with Chult and Omu when drops from bosses were not guaranteed, which resulted in many, many sleepless nights for a lot of people. That was unhealthy and this is my primary concern - bad RNG is unhealthy. Not everyone here will simply stand in a spot and farm the components or lures.

-----------

Hunts are ok by themselves, and nicely executed.

But time gate is a horrible experience on top of the already BAD rng.

We've farmed for weeks and attacked over 150 tier 1 bosses, only to get 2-3 components from it for Tier 2 bosses.

Oh, it's bad, it's bad, it's bad. Hunts should be fun, not bad.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User

It's equally hard for everyone

Wrong.

For those players who have a job, family obligations, etc. (majority of players) and do not have time to grind out hunts for endless hours upon hours, it is not equally hard. It is impossible. For the same reason these players will never be in the top 100 milestone leaderboards.