test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wizard community is completely revolted!

2»

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

Are you trying to say that you aren't using Storm Spell? :#

I don't believe I do.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Does anyone use Fanning the Flames still?
  • bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User

Does anyone use Fanning the Flames still?

On paper it's a great spell against a boss surrounded by dozens of minions. On practice it's completly useless. Magnitude is ridiculous, cd awful. No idea why they nerfed it so bad, it has never been overpowered before mod 16.
  • agoraotro#4630 agoraotro Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    There are like 4 or 5 forum threads regarding Wizard issues, and yet not a single reply... not even one comment... from developers on this matter

Sad!
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    There are more topics, and more posts, and several already present in the Preview section, too, as well as the Bug section.
    Developers are practically silent on the matter and Wizard is treated as if everything is 100% fine.

One of the major issues is the lack of transparency when it comes down to the Wizard class.

The issue represented here affects all aspects of the game in relation to how developers actually pick on solving the class balance and how long it actually takes them to do some action about it.

From my observation, content itself gets more recognition rather than classes. Nerfs or Buffs are often too severe and/or broken, even though they should be tested for at least a week, by at least two people and a handful of testers, before they are pushed to the live servers.

There needs to be a commitment and there is no such a thing as "Summer Break" or similar since we're already deep in October.

If there is no development team to hassle around the Class balance, this needs to be said and there should be transparency on the forum or in some announcement so that we know whether it is worth to invest in this game or not.

16 months worth of bugs that directly affect the game and Wizard in particular is just mindbogglingly absurd for any development team.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    As someone who has played a Wizard as a main since Mod 2, I have seen it all, from the Boost to the bust. Mod's 10-15 were our glory days, as I remember, we had many options as to how we wanted to be a part of a group whether it be pure DPS to a buff/defuff build or somewhere in between. My best rotation, that helped me top the DPS charts ( Conduit of Ice, Icy Terrain, Disintegrate, and Ray of Enfeeblement on tab) would melt mobs. I could stack chill in the blink of an eye and do some nice damage quickly. Mod 16 tore those encounters apart and left us with less then powerful combo's that really did not mesh well together. Imagine removing Lashing blade from the Assassin, its' bread and butter hit and replacing it with shadowy demise, the Rogue would basically be useless... as the Wizard currently is. I can get decent damage from my Wizard, but nothing like the Arbiter, Hunter, Barb or Rogue can get. Now, Tomm is a bit better as we get time get our stacks in, but in a TIC or LoMM, pretty much useless as most mobs are dead by the time we can even build up our chill. Basically our best punch is Disintegrate, which is neither Chill nor Smolder based.... kind of perplexing if you ask me.
  • winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Its not all bad, I had to wait 5-6 years for the rogue to be fixed half way. Gotta just hang in there long enough for the buff of kindness to return. It was worse for rogues, you were kicked automatically from parties so I was forced from game for years. My advice, make an army so that one class that is destroyed in one mod, can be replaced by your alt till a future mod its fixed. It sucked, but I had to do it over and over and over and over again..I now have 6 mains over the years of nerf slam hammers and nobody caring as it was not affecting their class. Maybe you will get lucky and its fixed within a year from now. I have a wizard main too, all the best to you all. Oh also, new class coming and I can see it out preforming all other classes in DPS as well as what ever the other side of it will be. There is always that. I can see it being the new hotness people rush in to end game in order to compare classes and cry as its now the top dog for the next few years. I have already started preparing for this just in case.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited October 2020

As someone who has played a Wizard as a main since Mod 2, I have seen it all, from the Boost to the bust. Mod's 10-15 were our glory days

For me MODs 1-2 were control, and mods 3-5 the best Wizard gameplay to date, with MOD 13 being somewhat good.

The inclusion of Disintegrate happened after so many QQ that Wizards have no real Single Target damage compared to other classes, which led to basically playing with several Disintegrate-like powers in MOD16-17-18, and 19.

Even though the Disintegrate to many might feel like the cornerstone of Wizard class, I find it repelling (no pun intended) due to its simple nature and ease of use. It still is rather unfortunate that Wizard's reality became Single Target damage, and that only now some people might understand why I was against its inclusion in the first place. There's just no redeeming quality to it. Animations aside, no real fun. It was a cheap alternative to proper class balance and fixing. Like a pacifier that you give to a baby.

Cheap alternatives is what we kept getting ever since, without ever truly standing out as a class. When this form of being satisfied with cheap alternatives finally ends, we might see some progress for the Wizard.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language