test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Barovian Bash! 2020

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
edited October 2020 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)

When? Anytime 24 hours prior to the Liar's Masquerade. A schedule of contests will be posted on this thread.
Where? Barovia - you will need a level 70 or higher* to get there, ask in PE or talk to Lord Neverember about "Unwelcome Guests" quest.

The "Player's Halloween Ball" or "Barovian Bash" is a 24 hour party for players by players. It has nothing to do with Cryptic Studios, Wizards of the Coast, or PWE. The idea is to meet up with friends and make some new friends as we have fun in the spooky atmosphere of Barovia. What says Trick or Treat better than ghosts, ghouls, witches, werewolves, and vampires?

If you are tried of grinding, take a break and have some fun!

If you are new to the game, and below level 70*, then now is the time to ask for assistance. Shout out below to get your hero to the party on time.

Made a short link to this page: https://cutt.ly/bf8kDN3 share it with your friends and guild members!

*Apparently this confused someone in game chat. They thought you need to be level 70 or less. No, Barovia requires you to be 70 to 80 to get in the door. It really is not that difficult to get to level 70 anymore. You should act soon, you have until the 21st.
wb-cenders.gif
Post edited by sandukutupu on

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Prize List Update
    I purchased some more Astral Lockboxes for prizes, I hope someone gets some nice stuff from them. Also grabbed some Redeemed Epic Companion Packs as well. This and more has been added to the prizes in my vaults.

My tentative plan for October 21st, with my Eastern Time Zone and UTC;

Noon/4 PM - Costume Contest / It's Terror Time Again!

3 PM/7 PM - Costume Contest / It's Terror Time Again!

6 PM/10 PM - Costume Contest / It's Terror Time Again!

9 PM/1 AM - Costume Contest / It's Terror Time Again!

Midnight/4 AM - Costume Contest / It's Terror Time Again!

Each of my costume contests will have 5 winners and I need 3 judges. I will randomly pull judges from the area. Each costume contest will be about 30 to 40 minutes long. The 5 winners will be based on the following categories; Horror, Sexy Male, Sexy Female, Comical, and Best Couple*. The 3 unbiased judges will be bribed with prizes as well.

You can enter all these contests, you just can't keep returning with the winning costume. :lol:
    I'm trying to figure out some way to do trivia... I am thinking with Google that is virtually impossible.

*Best Couple is something I do quite often, making the companion part of the wardrobe.

It's Terror Time Again! will be after or during the costume contest. Hunt the Night Terror for prizes!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Eh-Oh!

I will be at the Barovian Bash on October 21st. My contest is real super simple. You don't know when I will be there, but if you see Mad King Thorn (as seen in the poster above) you can get a treat from him by saying, Trick or Treat and open trade. You can just say, Gimme your god damn candy you pumpkin headed freak! It really doesn't matter how you say it. Open trade and you will receive your final rewards. No repeat customers!

Never know what I will be giving you, but I am sure it will be cool stuff. You don't know what times I will be online, look for my @blargskull in Barovia and be there in person to pick up your loot! I will be online and off throughout the entire day.

@sandukutupu Anyone else planning on attending this or is is just the two of us standing there with prizes? @sameriker could pitch in you know he is loaded. I am out of work again, so you are probably getting old boots from me. :trollface:
    Post edited by blargskull on

Just killing time...
    edited October 2020
    @blargskull if you need any items let me know before Wednesday so we can trade!!

If you want to promote your guild, or run a contest of your own design, you will be welcome by me!
    Just don't expect everyone else to like it. :lol:

For everyone else, I really hope you are paying attention, this Wednesday in Barovia the first of five costume contests will get underway at;

9AM PT / 10AM MT / 11AM CT / Noon EST / 4PM UTC

I will be giving out prizes I have randomized on a list. Also come prepared to hunt the Night Terror!
    I will place a bounty on his head, it is Terror time again! :fearful:
    wb-cenders.gif
    edited October 2020

One down four more costume contests to come!

No one entered for sexy female?? What the...?

Lots more people attending the event 2 down 3 more to go...

I am loving all the costumes I am seeing here tonight! I really like the conversations at the campfire and the people having fun.
    The Night Terror has been killed twice so far and his Cowl of the Dead worn before me, bounty is still up, you still have time to kill the Night Terror again.

Lots more people attending the event 3 done and 2 more ahead...

Terror Time Again - ALL DAY! Hunt and kill the Night Terror, bring me its head... well the Cowl of the Dead. Wear the cowl (no fashion) and receive a bounty! I will be back online in 1 hour!

Had a lot of fun!

Great costumes! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    Here are some pics taken during the 2nd costume contest ;)

You are a true artist with the camera, @tchefi#6735 merci au-delà des mots!

I am currently collecting tokens at the event. I have enough broom mounts, so I am going to get as many "Splinters" the companions as I dare. Also my guild leader, managed to show up as his blind ranger Shava to judge the 4th contest. She stood in the campfire and said, "I smell something cooking!". He captured the demo file with the recorder as well. Waiting to see what he has to come yet.

I will be on and off over the winter months and see everyone back at the 2021 Barovian Bash! :heart:
    wb-cenders.gif