test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ultimate Rogue Play Stle

crollaxcrollax Member Posts: 255 Arc User
edited September 2020 in PvP Discussion
/Ultimate nothingness...

Just come back in game after an nearly 2 year break. Before that i was sure about the road where it leads in future but its unbearable.

For the sake of the balance or so what is that right now rogues do daily and nothing else...

Whenever i fight with `anyone` im receiving huge amount of dps even while i play with 70k deflect %75 deflect severity + shadowclad. So that avoid me to be sustain and hit some DF or GC to target and have fun little bit. Like wise what can i only do is... ``Wait Loading daily %90``. Even healer SW can kill me ``in my tanky build`` so far.

Its Ultimate ulti grand dad play style...

Just to sake of everyone be equal, we are in this position right now... Since mod1 never ever seen such an boring and dead playstyle... U cant do anything because ppl reek u, u cant stay stealth and hit u reveal,

You only believe 1-shot Daily or 1-Shot Assassinate. Pray before you click because enemy might easily have 80k critical avoidance or 80k deflect and you couldn't kill them? RUN if you can of course. Otherwise you don't have stealth bar, you don't have any encounter(15sec)

If u rich like me, you can get 3k magni broken mount and pray enemy not to deflect and try that 1 shot every 60 sec also but hey, again if they dont die dont forget to run away because otherwise people will cut u half.

Anyway now its balance i guess whole game:)))

O hey I just 1 shot combat power and 1 shot daily, 2 people same time. Its unbalance.. someone come stealth and take 2 kill in a row...

Balance? what? well i really dont know...

Back in days complexity, mobility, ability to do things was more fun...

I have many videos from my old premades, i watch them and they way i do play still remember how my hands was sweating try to manage combos, timings, predictions, i wasnt getting erase like that... Now i sit in corner and wait my daily to come:)

I am really sorry but you couldnt do worse than that...

Comments

• Options
    fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    I play Rogue too amongst other classes and there after a few PVP campaigns i would say that Rogue dailies needs to be nerfed abit ito damage but then make Rogues abit more tanky .. The balance is abit off to much damage on dailies (Shocking and Hatefull Knifes) but defenses are weak (not a tankier option ? ) so that one can figure out a viable playstyle where encounters can be used more effectively

The dailies cannot really be dodged unless u r very lucky .. So this is wrong as another player should have a chance at not dying instantly right ??

this should be fixed thats for sure ...

It is basically a hide run daily and assassinate repeat playstyle which is not great .. The way rogues could be played in the past was alot better ... that is true

also WK needs Duelist Flurry and Dazing Strike for it to work properly

Please change this guys .. all will be well , we are almost there B)
  • Options
    terylionterylion Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Hi Guys,

Few days later, im check what's change in the game. Seems when i left, when 16 mods ends, in my opinion about PvP, nothing change. Again most ppl play "solo domination" u stay and w8 for queue. So i decides to not coming back.
    Like u Brollax, when i fight with anyone, if i want to do any dmg, i must waiting to daily:) Ofcourse i havent the best gear, and other things, but even than i should see anything what made a dmg exept daily:) So, for now ur any rotation is waiting for daily and than maybe u kill someone:)

Anyway, for now i dont wanna back, couse for me that game offer nothing.
    Even if i check leaderboard, i didnt see any OP on that board. So perhaps that class is totally useless, exept devo path as a healer:) THat only my opinion, maybe im wrong?

I wish u luck in neverwinter guys, i hope u enjoy the game. Old times when we played PMvsPM that was so great. Now its only SOLO Domination. :(:(:(

Cheers:)

- Tery:)
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Yea, Im completely against the one shot mechanics... back in mods i was spamming 2 3 SE to kill someone in 1v1 and i was getting so damn excited while play such high risk walking on rob playstyle was so agressive and subtlety style moves.

Right now its kinda like ``U have daily? go and one shot someone... if u can ofc``

So far i just start playing maybe i got rusty something but I'm sure about one thing %100 the play style is insane easy and that make me really sad...

Just what we need is 2 thing might help

-Give ability to hit from stealth with at will and boost at wills little bit more somehow.
    -If u didnt like first option just Take off my HAMSTER 1 shot daily dps and give me some more survive and at will damage... to let me make some move not stand like HAMSTER or run like chicken...

Whenever someone see me Man im tanky but somehow i just get clear 1 shot by anything...

If i play that much defensive, i have clearly no daily damage also anymore and not even talking on at will...

I play WK tonight and see how it goes, from the abilities seems like little more hype playstyle but still u are very much limited in that also...
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    @crollax

I have removed my defensive stats entirely this mod, this is something rogue and ranger can do with very strong results. I only have bare minimum 27k deflect and 436k HP. I don't recommend going 70k deflect like you described here lol, unless you referring to shadowclad stacks plus whatever you have stacked.

Assassin I will mention is more daily dependent than WK is, but I'd say its more assassinate dependent than daily dependent. Both paths are viable right now in solo que and I'm actually running both paths right now. I have a maxed out assassin and a maxed out WK. Assassin I find is able to defend itself fairly well partly due to short stealth recharge time with master of shadows feat, I also have other tricks up my sleeve to go with that. WK takes way too long to get its stealth back but once you have your stealth, the dps on it is devastating, it deals around 34% more damage per rotation than my assassin does.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Also, if you want to try a more survivable build, I would take a look at 600k+ HP combined with 40k+ deflect OR around 55k crit aviod. This is what some of the most successful non-stealth classes have started swapping over to because of the mythic mount powers, its good on dps warlock and dps cleric for sure. I'm not sure how good this would be on rogue though, probably wasteful but will let you survive more.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I will also mention that by far, the most daily dependent way to play a rogue is to play tanky, its a lot more fun to play squishy. Duelist's flurry is still a great power but if you finding enemies are deflecting too much, you need to remove some of the things that build up shadowclad stacks. Oppressive darkness, duelist's flurry, and journal 3 set bonus are what you'd want to consider taking off. Also should raise accuracy to 31k through 35k.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    im playing right now omega offensive build of assassination. I hit people like 600 k assassinates.

WK is good, only case with it.. You have to use your encounters for dps. Once u do that way, u are having lack of stealth ability in some circumstances. WK more likely build to dps with AtWill and fallow rotation with encounter and enter in stealth back like in old subtlety.
    If u want high dps with WK u have to hit from stealth with CA then u are done. Doesn't matter how many Arp u stuck, still if u are not stealth your dps is blah.. So initially thats not the way to play WK but still it does take alot of kills only because You can play mega defensive perma stealth move around find enemies weak spot and hit SS/Vengeance. That might seems like the way but i belive in a matches where u are head to head and need to stand on node and actually fight, build loose bad because has nothing to do with atwills and stealth regain is so Turtle slow.

2.Post continue because i cant post long comments somehow

• Options
    Feels like with WK once u go out of stealth, you really better kill someone because if u cant, you have further 5 day to enter back in stealth orrr ofc u can just leave node let the enemy cap and you dont die.

So far these are the things which i have exped. i still play both build and try to theory crafting, I think kinda wierd changes are neccesery some nerfs are expected and buffes.

Sincerely,
  • Options
    modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    I remember mods where TRs had stats like 1000 kills and 1/2/3 deaths, and you were one of them. There were mods when TR was just literally GOD MODE pvp character. Sorry but as a TR you are last class to complain about anything, TR was almost always ridiculously overpovered.
  • Options
    @crollax

I recently reported the forum comments bug, its been driving me insane as well, hopefully it gets fixed.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Thanks Mari - When will the bug on Clingy be fixed ? any idea ?
  • Options

Thanks Mari - When will the bug on Clingy be fixed ? any idea ?

No date specified, just that its a fix in the pipeline.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
This discussion has been closed.