test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gore Covered Chains Grind Is Disgusting And Boring

feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
Neverwinter is a game.
Games are supposed to be fun.
Sitting in front of a shed in the instance with fewest players, mindless running over manes again and again and again and again and again to finally spawn a larger mane, with a tiny chance of dropping an essential item, is not fun.
It is not fun at all.
It's boring.
It's frustrating.
It's as enjoyable as banging one's head against a wall.

It needs to be changed.
And it's obvious how.
Just increase the spawn rate of infected manes.
Make drops guaranteed.
And, by the way, make hunt drops stack in inventory.
And put them in a separate bag with campaign currencies.
Because, in addition to being sick of being beaten over the head with a hostile RNG, meaningless loot and designs that only someone with severe OCD would think are worth the time, we're tired of our limited bag space being constantly filled with whatever's new to a mod or episode.
But first, fix the gore-covered chains grind so that a rational person whose time means something to them might actually want to participate in it.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    Why do you do that? I am not doing that.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Literally everything about hunts is complete trash.
  • Options
    dallas6641dallas6641 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2020
    Here I was thinking I was doing something wrong.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I've gotten a chain almost every time I've killed the big manes.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I have found, that by far, the worst lure componant to hunt for, is the shattered jaw trap.

The spawn rate of the ordinary hezrou is just absolute rubbish. And then the spawn rate is the searing hezrou is trash. And then the drop chance of that lure componant....

RNG behind RNG behind RNG behind RNG again....

Because it's what we all love the MOST about this game. right?
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    they call it GORE COVERED CHAINS. ofc it's going to be disgusting. you have to ask yourself why you want something covered in gore anyway. Why not just go to the store and buy something shiney fresh and new that doesn't have gore of the demon upon it? gotta ask yourself that..
  • Options
    cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2020

they call it GORE COVERED CHAINS. ofc it's going to be disgusting. you have to ask yourself why you want something covered in gore anyway. Why not just go to the store and buy something shiney fresh and new that doesn't have gore of the demon upon it? gotta ask yourself that..

Feeble attempt at humor? Attempting to breathe levity into an agonizingly painful hunt feature is commendable tho...

I have a simpler explanation for all the bad rng - never before have hunt trophies been purchasable on the zen market. They are now tho, and not by themselves. No. No. No. Gotta buy a 20 key pack to get 3 random tier 1 trophies.

Bad rng? Not a chance in hell. It's deliberate....if you are reading this, please do not fall for this.

• Options
    tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    @feanor70118
    It's probably easier too farm Gore covered chains during the 2 first weeks of each phase when intensive farm for favors/top100 is happening server wide.

Reason why is maybe because way more people in avernus + way more focused on favors than on hunting => inadvertently killing regular manes on their favor road/cycle (citadel=>BHE=>Citadel=>BHE for exemple) without really checking the infected mane spots (especially those far from the emporium-stygia / scab-stygia road), letting some infected manes available without the need to run over little manes by yourself.
    That's what i did during the 2 first weeks of phase 2, jump on BHE #, do the BHE, go check the infected manes (usually finding 1 to 3), then jump to the next BHE #.
    But wont work after the phase 4 is done (hopeful i will also be done with hunt by this time :P).

I would also said that farming for hunts maybe easier with a hunting party. We also did that in phase 1, when the hunts were just unlocked : party of 5, 1 running over manes at the hutt (usually on a reroll, so he was also farming the maps to get legion's weapons), 4 other ones camping at one different infected manes spot. Wasn't fun, but was efficient.

For what it worth, i prefered by far the hunt system we had in Barovia than what he had in Chult or now in Avernus (even at equivalent RNG)
  • Options
    cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Completely agree. I have killed around 100 with only 6 chain drops. This seems consistent in my guild but there is one of our alliance that seems to get chain drops about 20% of the time. I am not looking for 100% drop, but a significant spawn rate increase is warranted and maybe a 60-75% drop rate would cut down on the frustration. Many have already given up on this version of hunts due to the stacked RNG.
  • Options
    winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    I just pay someone in trades to save sanity. Both sides are then happy <3
  • Options
    drago#3250 drago Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    It is big waste of time. I stopped doin hunts, and with given odds I can recommend to all stop it. I killed around 120 big manes and got about 20 chains. Farmed around 120 Enhanced Cambions to get around 20 Cursed Blade of the Lonely. After this RNG I did 20 Hunts to get Zero reward. It took maybe 24h, try to get one part of gear which is maybe outdated in 4 months. It is big waste of time. Stop it. No fun at all - true. No reward too.
  • Options
    cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Did another 18 yesterday and today, no chains.