test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

re not being able to connect or stay connected to game longer than 1 minute

for 3 days now I along with others have been unable to connect or stay connected while playing the game, I submitted a ticket and in response they said I needed to post it here. I have ran tracert with errors and timeouts, I have tried to ping final server with major fails. Ping statistics for 200.95.184.200:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Users\scale>ping 200.95.184.200

Pinging 200.95.184.200 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

If you can look into it and get it fixed for the unlucky ones that cannot play.
Thank You
Wicked War1ock

Comments

• wickedwar1ock#4166 wickedwar1ock Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    here is a copy of a tracert I have done, this is just one of many that have been done

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 11 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 8 ms 9 ms 10 ms 072-031-138-053.res.spectrum.com [72.31.138.53]
    3 10 ms 8 ms 8 ms 072-031-217-014.res.spectrum.com [72.31.217.14]
    4 14 ms 13 ms 14 ms bundle-ether22.orld08-car1.bhn.net [72.31.66.3]
    5 18 ms * 21 ms ten0-2-0-0.orld71-car1.bhn.net [97.69.194.8]
    6 * * 21 ms 216.156.105.65.ptr.us.xo.net [216.156.105.65]
    7 * * 24 ms 207.88.13.103.ptr.us.xo.net [207.88.13.103]
    8 42 ms 45 ms 55 ms 216.156.104.22.ptr.us.xo.net [216.156.104.22]
    9 * 42 ms * po110.bs-b.sech-mia4.netarch.akamai.com [23.57.103.245]
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 43 ms 44 ms 48 ms ae121.access-a.sech-mia4.netarch.akamai.com [23.57.103.251]
    12 51 ms 46 ms 86 ms ae156-2221.access-a.sech-iad.netarch.akamai.com [23.211.114.17]
    13 * 57 ms 61 ms a209-200-171-102.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [209.200.171.102]
    14 * * 70 ms 198.49.243.237
    15 * 56 ms 56 ms patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]

Trace complete.
    Wicked War1ock
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    It appears Florida has problem to maintain good connection to the server. May be something happens between Florida and the server.

It appears many reported problems with spectrum although now it posts no problem.

https://downdetector.com/status/spectrum/
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • clintoris#2413 clintoris Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I do have spectrum and I do live in Florida. I can confirm, it still has not fixed itself. Thanks for the heads up though.
    I have been talking with spectrum on a daily basis about this issue, They keep telling me no issues or outages but shortly after I talk with them they issue a Outage. Today however they did do a tracert to crypticstudios.com and said the issue is not within their system that it is beyond what they can fix. So who really knows which is down and whos at fault. I think they are pointing blame to others, lol but also we just had the Hurricane Sally come thru the day before all this started so what did that take out if any of this is even related to our issues. I have tried to ping crypticstudios IP address and it is timed out no communication at all. Hopefully they do get a fix sometime soon for this.
    Wicked War1ock
    Yeah. I live in central Florida. Got nothing from sally. Support email said it’s my fault or my ISP. Not true and they aren’t even addressing their server problems. Quite annoying.
    yep it is annoying, I have been posted about it everywhere I can think of to get all the other people affected to submit tickets and post on bug report forums about it. All over facebook is people talking about it, friends have mentions others in game thye know affefcted. dont know how many have submitting anything but on forums not seeing any others. Whatever the issue needs to get fixed or they might see losing more members as well, I am a day 1 player and I wont stay around to much longer if it keeps happening. I have spent way to much money in this game and for this to keep happening
    Wicked War1ock
    edited September 2020
    If it is an internet problem from certain region, the server side cannot fix it. Only ISP or ISP's ISP or ISP's ISP's ISP ... can fix it.

It is like a road from New York to New Jersey is blocked. New Yorker cannot go to Florida unless New York fixes the road or New Yorker finds another route to go to Florida. Florida cannot fix the problem. In the meanwhile, people from California does not have the problem to go to Florida.

For the "New Yorker" to use another route, usual layman solution is to use VPN or proxy server.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

for 3 days now I along with others have been unable to connect or stay connected while playing the game, I submitted a ticket and in response they said I needed to post it here. I have ran tracert with errors and timeouts, I have tried to ping final server with major fails. Ping statistics for 200.95.184.200:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Users\scale>ping 200.95.184.200

Pinging 200.95.184.200 with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

If you can look into it and get it fixed for the unlucky ones that cannot play.
    Thank You

I have just noticed. You pinged a wrong IP address.

Correct IP address: patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]
    Ping statistics for 208.95.184.200
    Packets sent =45, received =32, lost= 13 (28% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum= 56ms, maximum= 70ms, average= 60ms
    edited September 2020

Ping statistics for 208.95.184.200

Packets sent =45, received =32, lost= 13 (28% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum= 56ms, maximum= 70ms, average= 60ms

That usually indicates a networking issue from your home to the server. I doubt it is a server problem.
    If you want to debug this, do:
    tracert 208.95.184.200

and ping each gateway to see where you start to have packet loss.

Using OP's tracert as an example (you need to use your own tracert to check), try:
    ping 198.49.243.237
    ping 209.200.171.102
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    If I can suggest if you have a mobile phone with WIFI hotspot and see if you can login that way. If you can you can narrow down if indeed the bottle neck is between your ISP and you or not.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Have you tried a hard reset, or a full re-install?
    I had a similar problem a long while ago, iirc, I timed out around the Akamai cloud, but sadly I don't really remember what fixed it, but I had similar Tracert logs, with time-out a few nodes towards the end.
    Might be an isp-issue just before Cryptic, but waaay after your regularly used nodes, and if that's the case, you can't do much.
    I have done a hard reset on the Xbox. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I’m just confused because I have been playing normally for months, then the patch comes out and it’s been messed up ever since.
    September 15. 2020
    1. The patch: Mount change released on all platform.
    2. "Rage" released.
    3. Sally reached US East coast.
    I don’t get what you’re saying. You’re saying because sally went around florida, and we got some rain and wind on the west of florida, all of the ISP servers are only messed up for neverwinter?
    edited September 2020

I don’t get what you’re saying. You’re saying because sally went around florida, and we got some rain and wind on the west of florida, all of the ISP servers are only messed up for neverwinter?

I don't know how NW discriminates Florida. It is not something they could or want to do neither. There was something happened in the route from Florida to NW server. If West of Florida uses the route through the area (which is not necessary in Florida) that was damaged, there is a problem.

When there is a connection problem, there are 3 factors.
    1. User and his ISP
    2. the gateways (many of them) in between.
    3. the server.

Since you said ISP is not problem and the rest of the world can connect to the server, the only thing left is #2.

A train station in city A has many route to different city. The bridge somewhere in the middle of the route between city A and city B is broken and city A has no problem to go to city C to Z. Is City B the problem since it is the only city that cannot be reached from City A? Or, the bridge is the problem?
    edited September 2020
    I have done every step there is, hard reset, delete game, delete profile, factory reset xbox, tried different xbox, called xbox, called ISP, tried wired, tried wireless, checked NAT type, etc... Nothing has helped. However not sure if it is related or not but all these issues happened just a few hours after XBOX did a update.
    Wicked War1ock
    Wicked, that’s exactly my point also.
    Plasticbat, I fully understand what you’re saying. All I’m saying is something is wrong somewhere, and it all started after the update for me. I would wholeheartedly believe it could have been some mess up with ISP if I were not able to connect to literally every other multiplayer game I have.

I have done every step there is, hard reset, delete game, delete profile, factory reset xbox, tried different xbox, called xbox, called ISP, tried wired, tried wireless, checked NAT type, etc... Nothing has helped. However not sure if it is related or not but all these issues happened just a few hours after XBOX did a update.

As you ignored my suggestion above, have you tried playing using a different ISP like using a WiFi hotspot from a mobile phone? And you you can do this, I do it all the time.
    edited September 2020
    yep, I can play other games with no issues, I have also tried using wifi hotspot with the same issues starting out but somewhat seemed to run smoother as time went on. Yes it is most likely a ISP issue but both ISP and neverwinter have a ton of outages reported. So who knows which one is to blame at all. Could the ISP being down cause it and being reported or could a issue with Neverwinter server cause it and being reported as such. I did get a repsonse back from a ticket that I put in saying engineers are working on a fix and would have to wait for a path for it so with that being said kinda makes me think more along the lines of a issue with Neverwinter servers.

But also in the same sense if it was a ISP issue then why is not other game being affected. I can sit and play COD for hours no issues, bless unleased no issues, Skyrim no issues, so how could it still be related to a ISP? Thats what I dont get.

And if I am correct a wired connection, wireless conection, and mobile connection would all enter a server in a different way so just because you connect one way does not mean you can another. There could be some part still messed up somewhere.
    Post edited by wickedwar1ock#4166 on
    Wicked War1ock

yep, I can play other games with no issues, I have also tried using wifi hotspot with the same issues starting out but somewhat seemed to run smoother as time went on. Yes it is most likely a ISP issue but both ISP and neverwinter have a ton of outages reported. So who knows which one is to blame at all. Could the ISP being down cause it and being reported or could a issue with Neverwinter server cause it and being reported as such. I did get a repsonse back from a ticket that I put in saying engineers are working on a fix and would have to wait for a path for it so with that being said kinda makes me think more along the lines of a issue with Neverwinter servers.

But also in the same sense if it was a ISP issue then why is not other game being affected. I can sit and play COD for hours no issues, bless unleased no issues, Skyrim no issues, so how could it still be related to a ISP? Thats what I dont get.

The only other thing I can think of is if Cryptic uses a service like Cloudflare and they are causing the issues. A while back I know Cloudfare was having issues in TX and FL but those cleaned up eventually.

Obviously you and other people in FL (as I have read all other the internet) are having issues with connecting to NW. Sadly, unless Cryptic looks into this themselves, it unlikely that anything will get fixed soon as only they have the tools needed to run the checks and contact the people they need to fix it.

My next suggestion. I don't know how tech savvy you are but if you could use a VPN to connect to the internet and route your IP through a different state (I know Express VPN offers a Los Angeles option) you might be able to use that as a work around.
    edited September 2020
    Does XBox NW client have a proxy setting? In PC NW client, there is. Sometimes, when there is a connection issue, we often use European proxy server to bypass the issue. Basically, use different route if the direct route has problem in the middle. Yes, go to Europe and then come back could work better in PC sometimes in the past.
    I have tried to change location in settings on Xbox hoping it would work and it did not. Gonna chat with Xbox again to try to get a work around on it
    Wicked War1ock
    Since maintenance today I cannot get on still. It is even worse now that what it was before. 99% of the time I cannot even get to the Character select screen. A fix for this needs to happen now and not later. Its gonna cause many more players to leave this game and we all know they cant afford for that to happen to often.
    Wicked War1ock
  • keysari123keysari123 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    It's been 7 days without connection and all we know is that is an Xbox/Central Florida/Spectrum/Neverwinter issue? We don't know what, who, when this issue is going to be resolved. I suggest that when this issue is fixed the players that were affected should at least get a 25% damage and damage reduction increase! To compensate for the damage taken. My next mission Is to complete my neverwinter withdrawals symptoms.
    I think the only way to get this fixed, is to contact Spectrum (if that is the common denominator?) and ask them where the problem really is located.
    Include Tracert logs to show them where it times out, and most importantly is to get those logs from as many affected as possible, to show that the problem isn't isolated to one or two people, but in fact a certain region/isp.
    edited September 2020
    So far, (correct me if I'm wrong) I have not seen report from PC and PS4 user in Florida. If that is true, it may not be spectrum issue. Again, correct me if I'm wrong, Xbox users from other regions are okay. If that is true, it may not be NW server issue.

People mentioned there was a Xbox update. Is it an XBox OS update (not related to NW update)? Does Xbox have some kind of system level Xbox network proxy server? If there is one, may be the connection from the Proxy server (for Florida) to NW has issue.

So far, (correct me if I'm wrong) I have not seen report from PC and PS4 user in Florida. If that is true, it may not be spectrum issue. Again, correct me if I'm wrong, Xbox users from other regions are okay. If that is true, it may not be NW server issue.

People mentioned there was a Xbox update. Is it an XBox OS update (not related to NW update)? Does Xbox have some kind of system level Xbox network proxy server? If there is one, may be the connection from the Proxy server (for Florida) to NW has issue.

If no other platform has issues, then I would take all info to Xbox and ask them nicely if they can find out what's keeping you from spending money on Neverwinter, they have plenty of tools to find out where the cables are broken...