test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please add commas to the auction house listing.

aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
Many players have mistakenly undersold an object just because there is no comma when posting an object on the auction house. There are commas when viewing them, just not when posting. It is much easier to read 1,000,000 rather than 1000000 when posting objects in the auction house, and it would prevent us from having to sit there and count zeroes to make sure we listed at the proper price.
This would be a significant QoL improvement.

Thank you.

Comments

• louveteau4louveteau4 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I have to admit that would be very helpful but i have a trick i alwayse notice that the 10% lost after item sold is my way to know if typed the price correctly basicaly if i see a 42 000 lost after sell ( when typing numbers) i see that i putted my item at 420 000 ad... so that how i suggest you check the price of you're items
  • aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Yes, I know this trick (and a few others) well. It still slips by EVERYONE from time to time. Everyone has made the mistake of not looking in a separate section from the spot where you are actually posting. It doesn't make sense to put commas everywhere except the spot that helps.

I get that many people won't want this changed, because they like to take advantage of some guys screw up. This is simply being a Grief Player but I can't see this being a valid reason to not fix a long time issue or an overwhelming opinion as most people I know are not grief players in Neverwinter. It would also lower the complaints on forums & customer support about I posted X item for 100k when I really wanted to post it for 1m.

Sidenote: If you like this, either please comment or agree. Chris stated in his last interview, ideas with no response are not viewed as an issue...
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    I suspect the DB value they are using for that field takes only numeric values and thus not able to display commas at all. Adding commas would probably require a massive amount of work.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    It is not that difficult to add a function that strips out all non-numerical characters from the fields.
  • acrinicusacrinicus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    Simple regex expression, problem solved on the dev side. Excellent suggestion by the OP. Well worth inclusion in an upcoming patch.