test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Item Designs in Neverwinter

the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
Hi guys!

My name is Christian and I am a young architect playing Neverwinter. For me the reason I play this game is to have fun fighting monsters around Faerûn, beating ultimate challenges with my friends and last but not least to aquire the best looking items in the game such as appearance gear pieces and mounts. The main reason I wrote this post is to let developers know my opinion about their latest products and also to collect people`s feedback about the latest designs we received so far.
In my opinion the Reedemed Citadel battlepass campaign came with few interesting appearance pieces and I am obviously talking about premium ones. The problem with these pieces so far is that they have some unpolished visual effects or in some cases the model is missing eniterly for certain classes such as dragonborns. So if you have paid for a Metalic race in the past and now you take the bundle to unlock the premium rewards from the event, you`ll benefit less for the money you spent. In most cases such as mine I ve paid for the bundle just to unlock the appearance items. For now at this time I am writing this the Crown of Candles and Hood of the Watcher doesn`t have a proper model for dragonborn races.
Skiping this problem with I still hope it will get fixed until the new Milestones will be unlocked, another problem I encounter with the new designs is the lack of creativity or software knowlege the designers put in creating these pieces . We have : Robes of the Haunted with was a requested design by me and many others for classes we play such as Paladin /Fighter/Barbarian who didn`t fit the Psion`s Shroud design in the past. Now we have it so thank you for that! However there are a small detail that could be removed in order to fit better all the classes and avoid the clipping issues and for that I will let you know what I am talking about:

Having this kind of upper cloack element won`t fit better melee classes and in some cases will create clipping issues (i know many people will say that clipping issues are common in games but a quality release means you can avoid this kind of problems in certain situations without having to break the design) For me the upper cloack element could be removed and give a proper look to the melee fighting classes since we already have Psion`s Shroud for Clerics/Rogues/Warlocks/Wizards.
Another piece I would like to talk about is the Whisps of the Shadow demon. This particular piece has an interesting effect while you`re moving but when you stay still, the effect may become disturbing. I have Boots of Misty Steep in my mount collection and I love them however I am not using them often for the same reason and also the frequent rate of teleportation with is also disturbing. But going back to the subject. The effect while standing for me personally it is not satisfying. And I will explain why. In first of all the effect is too big and it is 2d and it doesn`t look natural at all. The smoke effects seems enough and fine while standing still.

In my opinion the 2d effect could be displayed while you moving and disappear when you stay still. This way you make it less disturbing.
Second thing I don`t like about these boots is the fact that it can`t be properly recolored. It seems that the process has been rushed and it doesn`t have a proper palette (I have almost all the colors unlocked in my appearance tab and these boots along with many other new items miss more than 80% of them). So whoever was in charge for this job he skiped it almost entirely.
In the end I would like to mention the Reforger`s fashion set, another recycled fashion from the past, nothing special.

I wrote this in order to express my gratitude to those designers who put their effort in order to deliver nice visuals such as Crown of Candles, Hood of the Watcher, Wicked Horns, Demon hunter`s trackers and also to let them know that it can be done better in some cases taking in consideration player`s expectation for 2020 standards and the general quality for a game that we hope it will have a modern look of an old story.

I`m also looking forward for your feedback and maybe a dev/designer response to the topic.

Thank you!
With honesty,
Christian Platinum