test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

increase spawn rates now that quests are where you intended them

psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
Succubi and Incubi are difficult to hunt when you're alone on the map, but when multiple are farming them, they don't spawn fast enough.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Zariel's Murder Board has issues in general. Hunting imps and whatnot is fine. They always spawn. Succubi, incubi, barbed, etc. are a PitA due to low spawn rates.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    barbed is plenty and often has multiple in a mob. To get Succubi, incubi, you need to actively killing mobs to have random chance for them to spawn. But it is not that bad if you know which mob they would have a chance to spawn within.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • bruce55bruce55 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Right now its almost impossible to complete some of the quests. Maps are just empty and not a mob in sight. They really Screwed us again
    edited August 2020
    IMO, it is a lot easier. I have been doing quests instead of BHE chase. Hence, I know where to go for each quest and how to prioritize them. I get my favor a lot faster now.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    bruce55 said:

Right now its almost impossible to complete some of the quests. Maps are just empty and not a mob in sight. They really Screwed us again

Switch maps to a lower population one then
  • bruce55bruce55 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I know where to go too. Thats how i was doing it from the start only doing bhes when they popped in my instance. With the stupid changes to the bhe everyone is doing the quests, and most maps are just empty of mobs. Its taking twice as long to complete the quests and you got idiots running up behind you just 1 shotting eveything before you get a chance.
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

bruce55 said:

Switch maps to a lower population one then
    currently lowest population map of the 50 spawned has 15 people in it.
  • mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    i also know where to go to farm the different mobs. the problem is there are a lot more people farming the same quests now, so its a lot harder to farm barluga or imps or succubi/incubi etc. jumping doesnt help because all the maps have at least 15 people on it (and it does look like most of them are running these quests). requests for +bhe has gone down A LOT.

you do get more favours for each quest but it takes longer than before patch to complete each quest, so IMO you dont earn favours that much more quickly since patch from doing the quests alone
  • mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    i've also notice increased occurrences where people have killed part of a mob, the barbed devil or incubus or whatever, then ran off leaving the rest of the mob alive, so then someone else has to finish the job so a full mob can respawn.

c'mon people, dont be selfish HAMSTERS, kill the rest of the mob, get a couple extra favours and help the mob reset for someone else.
    edited August 2020

i've also notice increased occurrences where people have killed part of a mob, the barbed devil or incubus or whatever, then ran off leaving the rest of the mob alive, so then someone else has to finish the job so a full mob can respawn.

c'mon people, dont be selfish HAMSTERS, kill the rest of the mob, get a couple extra favours and help the mob reset for someone else.

Yes and some try to steal the mob you are already hunting too. Hence, I always try to kill the target first before cleaning up the rest.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    bruce55 said:

I know where to go too. Thats how i was doing it from the start only doing bhes when they popped in my instance. With the stupid changes to the bhe everyone is doing the quests, and most maps are just empty of mobs. Its taking twice as long to complete the quests and you got idiots running up behind you just 1 shotting eveything before you get a chance.

BHEs should be fixed soonish, there was an unintentional change to the amount of tokens given out that would be split among all players who damaged instead of everyone getting the same number.
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

bruce55 said:

BHEs should be fixed soonish, there was an unintentional change to the amount of tokens given out that would be split among all players who damaged instead of everyone getting the same number.
    it's not just BHEs it's EVERYTHING. i hit your boss monster, i get half the zariels
  • baalhashmalbaalhashmal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    It's rather cumbersome trying to kill Infected Manes -- of which there are 5. They don't spawn nearly fast enough and yet the chains they drop are a required component for all level 1 hunts.
    Post edited by baalhashmal on

Cleric: Marquis Elmdore - Current Main <3
    Wizard: Iamblichus
    Fighter: Anna the Titan
    Barbarian: Anann Valkyrja
    Ranger: Minerva Cory'phaia
    Warlock: Suri Coralyne Reid

Guild: She Looked Level 18.
    Alliance: Imperium