test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nerf for Legendary Mounts!?

aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
edited August 2020 in PvE Discussion
NoworriesDev, Developer said on Reddit:
There has certainly been a lot of talk about this type of theory. Having a mount give a 150k HP would be a bit extreme given where current health values are on average, so hopefully most people are not expecting that to be the reality.

Passive Powers should typically cap out at 50% higher than their legendary counterparts when they are all maxed out. On top of that they also give a bunch of combined rating which is what the rest of the item level is doing.

Dominant Force for example should grant 15k Power and 5,625 Combined Rating when maxed.

Combat powers will also see increases, and the swarm is no exception. The guess on 15% is correct for that. However, mount power buff/debuffs aren't intended to stack with the same type so we did fix that on the swarm as its effects increased in value.

Then you have things that weren't setup in a standard way. Stalwart as an example was in a weird place as typically things that grant max hit points grant 4 times the amount they would grant if it was a regular stat such as power. So maxed out Stalwart is now 60k hit points.

Given the amount of speculation over 150k HP mounts and 75% damage increases with stacking damage buffs, I figured it would be good to give some specifics now so everyone can reign in their expected ranges. And as always, the caveat that things can change both up and down before launch and/or once we see the effects of all of the changes fully in game.

So it seems to me that without the "Bolster" the Legendary mounts effective stat bonuses are being nerfed by 25%. For example, from 10k power down to 7.5k power! On top of this, the Hp bonuses from mounts are being reduced by 40%, from 50k Hp down to 30k Hp.

This feels rather hurtful and disrespectful for those of us who've spent millions upon millions just to obtain these mounts, only to have them nerf and being told, Here, you must buy more to get the stats you previously had!

With the Mount Bolster it is said you can buff the benefit of the base bonuses up by a 100% and from what we have seen you need 10 mounts on Mythic to get this to 100%. Mythic mounts giving 10% and Legendary only 5%. Meaning you would need at least 7 legendary mounts to get a 35% bolster to get that mount bonus from 7.5k back up to 10k. Not to mention to get the 50k Hp back (4 mythics and 6 legendaries for 70% bolster).

Seems rather ridiculous to me. You take away something we already had and now say we need to pay a ton to get 7 legendary mounts just to gain those stats back. However since the bolster is capped at 100% with 10 mounts, and if epic mounts give a bolster of 2.5%, you could just have 4 legendaries and 6 epics to get those stats back. ((4x5)+(6x2.5) = 35%, 7.5x1.35 = 10.1k)

Post edited by aragon#8379 on

Comments

• gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Wait for the change to be on preview, before affirm that. You don't know if the bolster bonus apply only on Combined Rating. (edited for mistyped word)
    Post edited by gildriador on
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    we also don't know they nerfed leg stats. it might just be an extra 25% boost for mythic. look at r14 enchants to r15. not as big a jump as 13 to 14. might be the same
  • gweddeoran#4924 gweddeoran Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Did you guys not read what the dev said? He literally said they are nerfing Stalwart and Dominant Force! Please read before commenting.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    The question that needs clarification (and needs it pretty urgently) is if "maxed out" means
    • Stats of a Mythical mount, and no other mounts to bolster it
    • Stats of a Mythical mount, with 9 other mythical mounts to bolster it.
    If it is the second meaning, it would indeed imply a big nerf to legendary mounts, and would mean that people would need to spend to a bit to get back to where they are right now.

When we (accidentally) saw a mythic mount on Preview it had stats of 15K (where a corresponding Legendary mount had 10K), and then read information that was interpreted to mean that you could double those stats if you had 10 mythic mounts, I assumed the "max" (with 10 mythics) would be 30K.

Now, that is a lot, but it would also be very expensive to get to that point - which is a fair deal IMO, and that is basically what people were expecting, and a big reason why the mount change got an overall positive response.

Now we get this "bombshell" dropped and people are interpreting that to mean you need to spend a lot just to get back to where you were before. That would be an exceedingly dumb move...I just cannot believe that is the case.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    cust0mx said:

you are forgetting combined rating that also gives power and with your logic it could be 2812 with 0% bolster.

Sorry forgot that combined rating doesnt add power or hp. I think i need to play more hours like old times.

Then Im sure we will lose a bit of power in favor of other stats. Someones will hate it others will like it.

@adinosii im pretty sure maxed is 10 mithycal mounts (100% bolster)
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    > @adinosii said:
    > The question that needs clarification (and needs it pretty urgently) is if "maxed out" means* Stats of a Mythical mount, and no other mounts to bolster it
    >
    > * Stats of a Mythical mount, with 9 other mythical mounts to bolster it.
    >
    >
    > If it is the second meaning, it would indeed imply a big nerf to legendary mounts, and would mean that people would need to spend to a bit to get back to where they are right now.
    >
    > When we (accidentally) saw a mythic mount on Preview it had stats of 15K (where a corresponding Legendary mount jhad 10K), and then read information that was interpreted to mean that you could double those stats if you had 10 mythic mounts, I assumed the "max" (with 10 mythics) would be 30K.
    >
    > Now, that is a lot, but it would also be very expensive to get to that point - which is a fair deal IMO, and that is basically what people were expecting, and a big reason why the mount change got an overall positive response.
    >
    > Now we get this "bombshell" dropped and people are interpreting that to mean you need to spend a lot just to get back to where you were before. That would be an exceedingly dumb move...I just cannot believe that is the case.

Agreed, and yet it wouldn't be the first time Cryptic has adopted the latter approach (i.e. Bonding runestone nerf back in the day).
This discussion has been closed.