test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please remove refining stones from lockboxes

2»

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

The newest lock box doesn't seem to reward RP as much as the past ones. I don't know if that was done on purpose or just due to more stuff in the box in general.

That being said, having 30 toons and a lot of upgrades with the new mod I am out of RP across the board now lol. Might have to purchase *gasp* some RP off the AH.

This was my lockbox yesterday....

And then today I got 107 Trade Bars, 4 Black Opals and a Gigantic Rank 9. Still getting tons of RP.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

The newest lock box doesn't seem to reward RP as much as the past ones. I don't know if that was done on purpose or just due to more stuff in the box in general.

That being said, having 30 toons and a lot of upgrades with the new mod I am out of RP across the board now lol. Might have to purchase *gasp* some RP off the AH.

that isn't my experience. I opened a lot of them. to triple rp. and it seems like the vast majority were an r9 and x2 rp which is just as bad if not worse imo because it takes up wayyyy to much bag space with abject junk
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Well, the Devs could go back to the neatly "packaged up stuff" design the lockboxes had before... less flooding our inventory with things we mostly don't want or need, and if someone is actually looking for some extra RP, all they have to do is open the refinement packs they get from lockboxes.

Btw. just wondering, but did all lockboxes really received the improved chances for high end rewards with one of the more recent updates, or was that only done to lockboxes with the newer loot design?
    Reason i'm asking, i opened quite a few (close to 50) of the older lockboxes during the King of Spines "Gold Rush", and it feels like nothing has changed with their chances for high end rewards, wasn't really counting on getting any legendary reward, but not even getting a single epic drop felt a bit strange, while mythic and legendary drop messages from those newer lockboxes were piling up on my screen.

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Undying_Lockbox
    i think this one was the last one with the old loot design.

Anyway, just saying it would be nice to may be have another change in the lockbox loot design...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

And then today I got 107 Trade Bars, 4 Black Opals and a Gigantic Rank 9. Still getting tons of RP.
    That is really a sad box. Sorry!

You know I think there is a cool down timer on the boxes. I got the myth mount on my second key after the boxes were released. Since then I have got 99% trash nothing but RP, enchants and a few mount upgrade tokens. (I've opened about 100 boxes since I got the mount.

Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited September 2020

kreatyve said:

That is really a sad box. Sorry!

You know I think there is a cool down timer on the boxes. I got the myth mount on my second key after the boxes were released. Since then I have got 99% trash nothing but RP, enchants and a few mount upgrade tokens. (I've opened about 100 boxes since I got the mount.

definitely no cooldown. I've gotten good rewards twice in a row and I've seen other people get them two in a row. even during the recent lockbox spree. I saw one guy get like 8 kos in 4 hour period or so. lucky dog he was getting them back to back
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    I got 2 Lego mounts in 3 days once but I still think there is some sort of cool down even if it's a few hours. That being said, if there is it might only apply to certain items and not across all three sections.

Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
    Well, it would be nice if there were a "cool down" on items from lockboxes, so that a player would get not just one "reward" over and over again, but more or less a taste from everything in that box when spending enough keys on it - but that's not the case here, it's all just RNGesus at work.

Considering that they were messing around with the percentage of high end rewards with the Stardock lockbox before, followed by the percentage changes being made recently to some or all lockboxes, how hard would it be form them to slap a "keys used on a lockbox" counter on that system, and give players something (bound to account) good after spending xy keys?

Anyway, i spend another 15 keys today, and got only HAMSTER again... when it comes to RNG, it's starting to look like i'm sitting on the other side of that lucky person pulling one legendary or mythic drop after the other from a box.
    Want to know why?
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Chest Reroll tokens would be a nice replacement~ c:
    Post edited by ltsmithneko on
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I have more than 30Million refinement, and 300 keys just saving for a lockbox that doesnt have this HAMSTER.

I suggest insignia powder as a reward in lockboxes instead refinement. We need lots of this to upgrade mount collars.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    @darthpotater insignia powder supply is IMO abundant for the collar drop rate. I am running dungeons and trials every day and so far I had enough resources to push every mount collar I found all the way to mythic. (well, I did not find any collar yet, but my claim is still valid =) )
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    rikitaki said:

@darthpotater insignia powder supply is IMO abundant for the collar drop rate. I am running dungeons and trials every day and so far I had enough resources to push every mount collar I found all the way to mythic. (well, I did not find any collar yet, but my claim is still valid =) )

Well, thats not my experience, I have all the collars, and can upgrade all to mythic but dont have the insignia powder and also need shards of greater empowerment, in fact, I need a fortune in this resources to upgrade all. I dont play 8 hour / day, but I do 1 - 2 dungeons per day, and I would need years to upgrade collars if I dont buy insignias to salvage them.

Shards of greater empowerment could be a good adition to lockboxes also
    Post edited by darthpotater on
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
    edited October 2020
    Well, they could just replace all the RP HAMSTER for a single "Mount Upgrade Pack", which has a chance of dropping a random rarity Mount Collar, a solid amount of Mount Upgrade Tokens and Insignia Powder.
    Want to know why?
  • propulsionpropulsion Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    just because you don't like getting them,doesn't mean they will remove them from lockboxes and TBH don't waste your AD etc. in buying lockboxes and opening them if you are going to just end up complaining and begging for something that is actually useful to us
  • xxjahvier#9450 xxjahvier Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    After four years I've never got anything other than a r6 or7 and millions of refinement, some epic companions. I saved 87 keys for the new "odds" w the lockboxes and was rewarded w more refinement points and a few trade bars. And the results of end game boxes are just as trash. I haven't recieved anything other than a few scrolls of life so I guess I'm back to saving keys and rerolls for nothing
    edited October 2020
    Well, in the beginning of the game you'll get enough RP from drops, profession nodes, dungeon/skirmish runs, events or just buying them for a little bit of AD from the Auction House.

In the middle of the game, you'll probably find out what you can get with Quartermaster's/Dragon Hoard Enchantments
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/66q8z7/psa_quartermaster_enchants_are_awesome_heres_why/
    you should read through this btw., and you'll have a mount with Wanderer's Fortune.

And as soon as you reach Avernus and start messing around with Treasure Maps, you'll be drowning in RP.

I mean, they could leave some kind or RP pack in Astral Lockboxes and return that box to the Wondrous Bazaar regularly with each event, that should be enough for those that still want even more RP, but why exactly should RP remain a drop from regular lockboxes, when you can get it from so many other sources in abundance?

Anyway, it will take me a few years before i run out of older lockboxes i can spend my ViP keys on, no RP drops from them, i only wasted a lot of keys on the latest lockbox for the mythic mount, but since the chances for getting one are just crazy low for me, i'm not going to do that again... i'll stick to opening older lockboxes and selling the packs i get from them, it might take some time but i'll earn more then enough AD that way to simply buy the next new mythic mount.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
    edited October 2020
    Subtle adjustment to the lockbox loot table~

Instead of you constantly getting useless refinement with all three rolls you'll get a uncommon insignia for the powder n' some reward reroll tokens(Which currently don't have a drop source)

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    It speaks volumes about lockbox expectations once players start suggesting to add green insignias to improve the drop value. =)
    > @rikitaki said:
    > It speaks volumes about lockbox expectations once players start suggesting to add green insignias to improve the drop value. =)

There is more I plan on editing in lockboxes but that's not for this discussion~ This is simply a small suggestion relating to the topic. : p
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Replace the rp with mops r4 and up. Enchanting stones r5 and up. Enchantments r12 and up, if weapon/armor enchant should r11 and up. I hate opening lockboxes and getting 500k in rp that i don't need. I need tradebars, mount tokens, comp tokens, scrolls, pres wards, coal wards, or a mount/comp that I can sell/trade/use. I can get rp in my sleep, rp
    shouldn't be in lockboxes at all imho...
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    They listened! The new Forsaken Lockbox won't give you just RP! Yay!!!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • sh00th3r3#1554 sh00th3r3 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @kreatyve said:
    > They listened! The new Forsaken Lockbox won't give you just RP! Yay!!!

I love this lockbox, may never open any old ones again 😁 honestly felt like they took our feedback to heart on this.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    May be finally I can sell my stash of stash of stash RP for a better price. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***