test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Redeemed Citadel feels punishing for alts.

xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
edited August 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
I dont mind the grind for the redeemed citadel.

I would have liked to see the progression and leaderboards as account wide progression instead of a single character progression.
Running this event on one character is time consuming but doable, Running it on 2 characters is going to require Alot of dedicated time and is going to be cutting in to real life activities.
Trying to run this on more than 2 characters I think is definitely impossible the majority of players.

I would like you guys to consider making the progress (for this event and/or future similar events) account wide since As far as I can see all of the rewards are already bound to account anyways so I dont think it would or could be abused by players?

I understand that the reforgers bundle is an account wide unlock and I did consider buying it because I think some of the transmute items are really cool looking, the haunted robes being my favorite. Unfortunatly I've decided not to purchase the pack because I dont have the time to grind this event on more than one character.

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I wouldn't bother grinding this on alts, most of the stuff you can get aside from the weapons can be reclaimed and are account bound.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I have 8 characters, none are doing Redeemed Citadel. I am putting this time to planning my party, revisiting old campaigns, and farming. If you don't like content, you shouldn't bother doing it. I am amazed at those working this so hard. I visited the leader board, in the campaign window, and the top 100 get a rank 9 vorpal enchantment for busting their hump this first stage. I would have expected something different.

Have fun!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    hubz#4081 hubz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Like @arazith07 said, the stuff you unlock on a character will be unlocked in that character's shop (bound to account), and the weapons will eventually become available in the redeemed citadel's shop so you'll be able to get them on your alts as well
  • Options
    xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Well the big thing for me is that I run 2 mains.

So I need to farm 56k zariels favors for the weapons instead of 28k, Sandukutupu up there has 8 alts and would have to farm 224k Favors to outfit his crew with weapons.

The transmutes are bound to account but you still only get 1, and have to run it on multi characters if you want more than one of the transmute items.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited August 2020

Well the big thing for me is that I run 2 mains.

So I need to farm 56k zariels favors for the weapons instead of 28k, Sandukutupu up there has 8 alts and would have to farm 224k Favors to outfit his crew with weapons.

The transmutes are bound to account but you still only get 1, and have to run it on multi characters if you want more than one of the transmute items.

You need more than that per character.
    If you just need the weapon, you need 21k per character as minimum.

If you want to upgrade the weapon to its fullness, you need this per character:
    21k in milestone 1.
    21k in milestone 2
    21k in milestone 3
    14k in milestone 4

I have no plan to do that for more than 1 character. I play 6.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    You should also remember that this weapon is no where close to BIS
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I was going to farm this even though I wasn't going to buy the package on pc. I figured first tier weapons were alright e ven though if a questionable step up from legion. but then realized you had to grind it all to rank up those weapons and at the end of it all probably won't be the best choice anyway. and the top 100 prize is bound to account. the rewards for htis if you don't get the package are basically zero for a very punishing and unfun grind. nty.

I won't be playing this on pc anymore, as after looking closely I've discerned it's a suckers bet. .

I dont' think this is what the average player wants. I thought this event had the potential to be fun but it wasn't realized. Kteam as a way to get rewards? something where you must not die or start again where when you dodge the red in this game it sucks you back into it? no thank you.

Farming endless BHES is NOT fun. You could have made it so running random que over and over, rewards you or something less punishing and weary than this, but no... thousands of bhes. for nothing.

or if you want to pay some money a race that you won't be able to get again, that many people weren't ready for and many others just unable to do, you have something you paid actual money that you STILL have to work for.

you guys seem to have the idea that we aren't in this for the carrot at the end, along with fun content. We are here to have fun, not work like little hamsters for zero reward.

you guys have made noises like you want to listen to the player base but I, and many others like me feel absolutely unheard. This on top of the terrible rewards for zariel trial.. this game feels emptier than ever. Scaling still is painful as well.

a panda is sad
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on