test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Redeemed Citadel companion items

erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User

Anyone can tell me WHY this item has mixed slot types? Combat Advantage is offensive stat and it's the only one we have with this companion piece.

On the side note, companion item that gives awareness also has mixed slots.

Is that intended?

Comments

• harnrimharnrim Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Yeah, a good question, cause this way it will be next to useless for a DPS to use ist. Any infos about the intentions behind this?
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    harnrim said:

Yeah, a good question, cause this way it will be next to useless for a DPS to use ist. Any infos about the intentions behind this?

Good for people who have too much defensive stats or offensive stats, but still need a bit on their companion. It's a stat's balancing thing, especially for content like ToMM or ZC. I for one would like a defensive stat comp gear but still be able to hang power enchants on it to shed the extra crit I have.
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Thing is, all items that have offensive stats got two offensive slots. Only this one doesn't. I find that really weird considering it would be an upgrade to undermountain companion gear with only CA (the one with 12k CA that has 2 offensive slots too).
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    erevel09 said:

Thing is, all items that have offensive stats got two offensive slots. Only this one doesn't. I find that really weird considering it would be an upgrade to undermountain companion gear with only CA (the one with 12k CA that has 2 offensive slots too).

That is not true. You may think it is, it is not. I never heard of such "rule".
    e.g. old ring for companion, ring of royal avenger, 1260 ArmPen, 1898 Crit, 1882 Combat Advantage, it has one offense and one defense slot.
    To be extreme, Ring of the undead slayer +5 which has 5141 Critical Advoidance, 3247 deflection and it has 2 offense slots.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • alanea#4230 alanea Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    undead slayer isnt companion item

in mod 16 they
    1) started mass adding companion only items ( very strong compared to old ones)
    2) removed different item slots
    3) removed possibility to wear normal items on companions
    4) follow mentioned rule every item have 2x offense 2x defense or 50/50 (or double amount of single stat) and every single companion item since mod 16 have matching slots

royal avenger and similar are extremely outdated pieces that no one bothered to change just to fit in (they are outclassed by undermountain items anyway) they even left stats on them that never worked on companions like outgoing healing or bonus threat
  • alanea#4230 alanea Member Posts: 48 Arc User

in mod 16 they
    4) follow mentioned rule every item is now linear and have 2x offense 2x defense or 50/50 (or double amount of single stat) and every single companion item since mod 16 have matching slots

royal avenger and similar are extremely outdated pieces that no one bothered to change just to fit in (they are outclassed by undermountain items anyway) they even left stats on them that never worked on companions like outgoing healing or bonus threat

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    edited August 2020

in mod 16 they
    4) follow mentioned rule every item have 2x offense 2x defense or 50/50 (or double amount of single stat) and every single companion item since mod 16 have matching slots

Did they say that is the rule? Or, it happened the created bunch were done that way?

Newer companion gear: Plated Belt of the Companion: 5292 defense, 5292 awareness, 2 offense slots.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I never said anything about it making a rule. Was just curious why it's made this way, when all others are diffrent. I know there are companion items that are somewhat strange in terms of stats and slots. Redeemed Citadel companion items have only 1 stat for each item.

Critical Strike got 2 offensive slots;
    Armor Penetration - same;
    Accuracy - same;

Defense piece got 2 defense slots;
    Deflection got 1 defensive and 1 offensive;
    Awareness got 1 defensive and 1 offensive too.

Combat Advantage got 1 offensive and 1 defensive slots... I only want to know if it's intended, because it seems like oversight to me.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    This item makes it much easier for tanks to reach the cap of CA and thus help the dps with some damage, making the dungeons and trial's a little faster.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Yes, this is a potentially very useful Tank item. DPS & healers generally won't use it but it would have niche use for players with wonky stats that need a quick balance fix, and are willing to give up 3,000 power for the convenience.
  • award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    I saw the pic above and thought it would be useful for my tank also.