test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

state of the game

this game used to be accessible by nearly any class/role for any content. since module 16 I've watched it go from a fun game with some interesting and even hard mechanics, to being a boring game that is designed only for the top 5%.
the problem with this is that these top 5% are not paying customers. they have everything they need already and they are able to bank of the exclusive content because the other 95% cannot run it yet still desire the items from it.
I haven't bought VIP since module 16 (i pay for it with $) because of the way this game has moved away from being fun to just being a number crunchers statistic battle.

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

this game used to be accessible by nearly any class/role for any content.

This game still is accessible by any class and role for all pve content. Though this statement doesn't seem to be your main concern.

since module 16 I've watched it go from a fun game with some interesting and even hard mechanics, to being a boring game that is designed only for the top 5%.
    the problem with this is that these top 5% are not paying customers. they have everything they need already and they are able to bank of the exclusive content because the other 95% cannot run it yet still desire the items from it.
    I haven't bought VIP since module 16 (i pay for it with $) because of the way this game has moved away from being fun to just being a number crunchers statistic battle.

Almost all MMOs design content to challenge their endgamers. This player base may not be big spenders, but they do provide a great deal of stability if they are retained. They tend to provide class guides, dungeon guides, AH stability, provide supply to the AH. All of which is required to grow a player base.

Now specifically for NW, in the past, this player base had been a bit neglected, new content was too trivial at launch, hardly any chase items, once you got to a certain level of gear there just wasn't any point to log in. All but the devout players just wouldn't play the game for long. Now that there is more challenging content, you are seeing more participation from experienced players, and once there is enough of the newer content, there will be a progression tree for newer or mid game players to work on in getting towards endgame. Zariel's Challenge is too much for you?...go grind some Legion or Hell Engine weapons and go for ToMM, if that is too hard, play The Infernal Citadel or LoMM for AD or enchanting stones, and so on and so forth.

If the newest content is too hard, you have the rest of the game that you have yet to play.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User

this game used to be accessible by nearly any class/role for any content. since module 16 I've watched it go from a fun game with some interesting and even hard mechanics, to being a boring game that is designed only for the top 5%.

This is done by design. It creates something called FOMO. This is to get the other 95% to spend to catch up with the top 5%.

For the record, I am not saying this is bad or good, but just a simple fact of FTP economics.

Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts