test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Just a short thread abouYOUR ENEMIES WILL FEAR ME!

jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
The erinyes of belial companion that everyone loves from its lovely boosts its grants for anyone using it to the ridiculously loud voicelines that come in everytime it spawns.

It has only been in the game for how many years now 3 or 4? how far down the tweak list are the volume of those voicelines that blast our ears each time they spawn next to us they are so loud it even overpowers the in game NPC voices sure that part about the NPC voice is not a big deal heck i advocate reducing the inane voicelines once you have heard them a few hundread times but that is not why i am making this little thread.

So how about some volume tweaks for the erinyes of belial. Please.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    You must turn your volume up pretty high if that actually blast your ears. I have that for a long time. It does not bother me at all and I don't turn the volume high either.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

You must turn your volume up pretty high if that actually blast your ears. I have that for a long time. It does not bother me at all and I don't turn the volume high either.

Decent sound set up and surround sound headest. It is a kick in the head each time especially if it is quiet and it suddenly spawns in.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    OH come on now, you must have been in the game when the healers screamed "Leeches!"? The NPC I cannot stand, is Etrien ... especially after I just died in the damn shield vault and waiting 30 seconds to heal. "I said no dilly dally!" At this point, it isn't about volume, it is about wanting to freeze her face and hit it with a hammer! Really? I just died and I can't rest 30 seconds without your commentary? If I were to fix her, she would either say other things or say the line after 2 to 4 minutes. She says it every 20 seconds when you pause to take pee break.

Truth is we are all annoyed by repetition of lines. I recommend just turning down the audio setting on voices. You can access this in the Options Audio Tab. These are my settings;
    Overall Volume 100% - Master volume for the whole game.
    FX Volume 40% - Explosions and clanging metal. ka-BOOM!
    Music Volume 0% - I play a CD or listen to a variety of YouTube music.
    Ambient Volume 15% - Frogs, wind, footfalls, zombie groans, wolves howling, etc.
    Interface Volume 30% - Menu noises and mouse clicks.
    Voice Volume 45% - Here is the one you are after.
    Notifications Volume 10% - Popups in the game, tah-Dah! you won, cha-ching!
    Video Volume 70% - The start up videos.

Hope that helps someone.

wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Another annoying one is the noble in Renaer's Salvation.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

Another annoying one is the noble in Renaer's Salvation.

What do you mean aquistions inc sent you?

OH come on now, you must have been in the game when the healers screamed "Leeches!"? The NPC I cannot stand, is Etrien ... especially after I just died in the damn shield vault and waiting 30 seconds to heal. "I said no dilly dally!" At this point, it isn't about volume, it is about wanting to freeze her face and hit it with a hammer! Really? I just died and I can't rest 30 seconds without your commentary? If I were to fix her, she would either say other things or say the line after 2 to 4 minutes. She says it every 20 seconds when you pause to take pee break.

Truth is we are all annoyed by repetition of lines. I recommend just turning down the audio setting on voices. You can access this in the Options Audio Tab. These are my settings;
    Overall Volume 100% - Master volume for the whole game.
    FX Volume 40% - Explosions and clanging metal. ka-BOOM!
    Music Volume 0% - I play a CD or listen to a variety of YouTube music.
    Ambient Volume 15% - Frogs, wind, footfalls, zombie groans, wolves howling, etc.
    Interface Volume 30% - Menu noises and mouse clicks.
    Voice Volume 45% - Here is the one you are after.
    Notifications Volume 10% - Popups in the game, tah-Dah! you won, cha-ching!
    Video Volume 70% - The start up videos.

Hope that helps someone.

For those without hope this is actually good advice.
  • Options
    loexwellloexwell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    Try the Lizardfolk Shaman... he will drive you and every player around you totally crazy :p
  • Options
    Hey! Hey! Hey! @jade1280 this was suppose to be "just a short thread", tell them to just knock it off! :lol:

A lot of the time I like the quiet animals that don't make a lot of noise. Honey Badger is pretty good about that, they just do the throat rattle a bit.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options

Hey! Hey! Hey! @jade1280 this was suppose to be "just a short thread", tell them to just knock it off! :lol:

A lot of the time I like the quiet animals that don't make a lot of noise. Honey Badger is pretty good about that, they just do the throat rattle a bit.

Hell remember the Rimfire golem before they actually went in an adjusted the sound for that?
    The mermaid thingy with the harp whos name i am not gonna try and spell (for the 6th time) she is just noisy enough to be a pain she only needs like a 5% sound reduction.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    No offense to the voice over artists that Cryptic uses, so many of the companions and the NPC lines are just poorly picked or they must ask for just one take. The one VO artist, I actually sent fan mail to in this game, is Sam Mowry... who?! He is probably the best sounding artist in the game (even with bad dialog) you know him from the quest Lich's Lament and he does all of Kavatos Stormeye's dialog among others. He does work on other games as well. If you like his work, send him a letter and let him know. Maybe there are other VO artists you would like to thank for their work on Neverwinter. My opinion Sam A. Mowry is one of the best they hired.
    wb-cenders.gif