test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My latest Fighter Vanguard build (Zariel ready) Updated 04.08.20

wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
edited August 2020 in The Guard Barracks
As usual I have tinkered with @rainer#8575 s Character Creator in preparation for incoming changes.

The only thing that bothers me with the setup, is that there are 2 races that are superior to Dwarf in this build ; Metallic Dragonborn and Gith (!).
Metallic Dragonborn would bring even more HP, and the Gith would have Combat Advantage at cap even without the Fighter class feature for +10% Combat Advantage. (Needs to replace 2 insignia or use main artifact to make up for 2k defense dwarven bonus)

Infernal chestpiece makes me hit Defense cap in party, and 4 party members with VIP adds +12.000 Hit Points (for some reason not affected by HP calc changes)

This is what I ended up with :

Elite Whaleboy
Post edited by wilbur626 on

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I would suggest not having a main artifact slotted when showcasing a build, since you may be swapping to other debuff artifacts when grouping.

Also, don't mention Uglyborn, since stats are temporary, but great appearances are forever.

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    > @rjc9000 said:
    > I would suggest not having a main artifact slotted when showcasing a build, since you may be swapping to other debuff artifacts when grouping.
    >
    > Also, don't mention Uglyborn, since stats are temporary, but great appearances are forever.

This setup is very gear specific, and leaving main artifact slot open would ruin the stat balancing. You may call this a budget build, as the only legendary mount needed is free for all players. I will of course present an alternative for those of us with unlimited AD supply 😂
    Elite Whaleboy
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Congratulations on the great content. The statuses are really perfect!

But there is always room for improvement ... The class is perhaps the one that earns the most status bonuses in the game and this should be taken into account. + 10% combat advantage, + 10% critical avoidance when blocking, + 10% critical strike chance depending on the amount of stamina. You could still put the awareness debuff that the enforced causes as an additional fact of increasing the damage of combat advantage and the debuff of bronzewood (bis for tank's).

Soon I intend to make an analysis as to the need to achieve each status, cost, equipment analysis and how the game is currently played in the wrong way mainly in Trial content at the end of the game. I can say for example that DPS classes do not need to focus on reaching the cap in defense when in group content, but that these builds are the best choice for solo content.
    > @admiralwarlord#3792 said:
    > Congratulations on the great content. The statuses are really perfect!
    >
    > But there is always room for improvement ... The class is perhaps the one that earns the most status bonuses in the game and this should be taken into account. + 10% combat advantage, + 10% critical avoidance when blocking, + 10% critical strike chance depending on the amount of stamina. You could still put the awareness debuff that the enforced causes as an additional fact of increasing the damage of combat advantage and the debuff of bronzewood (bis for tank's).
    >

1. The fighters +10% combat advantage is at max potential when stamina is full. Imho a Fighter tank needs max Combat Advantage when stamina is NOT full. (After shielding big hits to maintain threat level).

2. This gear setup makes it possible to chose what legendary mount to use. The +10k crit avoidance mount shown in screenshots can of course be replaced by a +25/50k HP mounts for players that are comfortable with playing with stats balanced around the +10% crit avoidance on block.

3. We do not have a feat granting us +10% crit chance?

4. I honestly see no reason to use Enforced Threat in endgame groups.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • sirkichasirkicha Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Its Zariel build which you call Vallenhas aoe? :D Hehe so welcome, mr "obviously no idea" here.

1. you use fancy mask for 1 enemy - its ok, better than lion. Then you get lion's boots - 300 power per enemy - very powerful on Zariel. Infernal forged boots gives you 200 power for each 5 sec in battle, but its for noobz like me
    2. fiend forge chest - you have deff caped, you only lose stats
    3. offhand - 5% companion influence is better than 10% crit sev?
    4. you have one dark enchantment in uti - why?
    5. you told me lat time about eclipse - now you still use it. One of the worst enchantments on trial, where you need high stamina regeneration, but again, I am noob
    6. why do you use CA kits?
    7. why do you use these rings, if you have other, much better options with condemned & overhelmed? and you don't need to cap CA because ring give you free threat which is awesome combo with anvil?
    8. why do you vallenhas ring with 3% dmg reduction if galeb duhr gives 10%?
    9. why do you use random insignia powers? artificer is really usefull on zariel? 2 sec cooldown reduction? or victim's preservation, which gives you more than needed stats?
    10. why do you use random insignias like mastery or refuge, if your main cap on zariel is HP?
    11. 10k crit avoid > 25/50k hp = good job
    12. why do you take recharge speed on boons? 4% is like 0.1/0.2 sec cooldown reduction, awesome helping tool
    13. why do you use lightning enchantment, which is the best for aoe on zariel, who is ST?
    14. how many times have you been on zariel? or even tomm? or maybe its other explanation why do you use this weapon bonus, which gives you 10 awesome second buff? lionheart is for noobz?
    15. why do you have 2x +5% hp overload slot?
    16. why do you use anticipation for crit avoid?

I can't wait for your explanation for noob like me, I want to know these things.
    And I will quote you:
    wilbur626 said:

L2P

until you will learn BASIC practical knowledge about dungeons.
    edited July 2020
    @sirkicha

1. AoE loadout/stat distribution
    2. Dwarf passive, read text
    3. Need stats, do not need dmg
    4. Stats.
    5. Stats, can’t help you with self proclaimed “noob” status. I never told you about eclipse, you had a tantrum about armor enchants.
    6. As you can see from screenshot, CA kits can be replaced with stamina regen kits as CA is over “cap”.
    7. I have no idea what you are talking about, but I like the heal from Tanner’s ring. Read your own comment about wasting stats.
    8. I don’t know how to slot a Galeb Duhr in that ring slot, but the Vallenhas ring is free for everyone. Nice stat distribution and utility in latest content. Its obvious you dont know how the aggro ring works
    9. Victims Preservation is ofc not in use, it has been replaced. Picture to illustrate insignia stat distribution. Image replaced. Thanks for the heads up <3
    10. To achieve stat caps. Mastery gives accuracy, refuge gives crit avoidance.
    11. You can use the only legendary mount that is free for everyone, or the expensive HP mount. HP mount is not needed. Using the HP mount will still have this setup at crit avoid cap if trusting the Unshakable Shieldarm feature.
    12. Uptime calculations.
    13. As you have pointed out, screenshots are from an AoE loadout.
    14. Many times
    15. I don’t
    16. To achieve stat cap.

17. Seek help, and everything is going to be ok. Being passive aggressive in a Internet forum is not going to get you anywhere. I enjoy outdoor activities, you should try it. I also like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain.
    Elite Whaleboy
    edited August 2020
    Rebuilt to make @rjc9000 happy, displaying stats without main artifact.

Changes to be made :

1.Replace Lions Guard Raid Sabatons with Fiend Forged Greaves.
    2. Find a way to replace 2 Combat Advantage reinforcements on neck/belt with Stamina Regeneration reinforcements. (Both rings have Stamina Reinforcements in stat screenshot, failed to update ring screenshot to reflect this)
    3. Replace legendary mount equip bonus screenshot with the Stalwart bonus actually in use
    Elite Whaleboy
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Great choice of mount, if you have the Lion I would certainly use it. On a question I asked, it is a Class Future - Vigarous Strike. Remember that Healing Paladins Run with an aura that increases critical ratings.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User

Great choice of mount, if you have the Lion I would certainly use it. On a question I asked, it is a Class Future - Vigarous Strike. Remember that Healing Paladins Run with an aura that increases critical ratings.

No Oathkeeper who has been playing longer than 5 seconds will ever use Wrath; Crit. is the easiest stat to cap making it a complete waste.

Oathkeepers will run Restoration unless their OG.Healing is as capped as possible and their Power ensures they can easily heal without it, then they may switch to Life for the minor Passive healing which works well with experienced groups able to mitigate most damage anyway.

This leaves them free to focus on manual healing only for major damage hits.