test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Suggestion for CDP (Training Grounds)

shafuqshafuq Member Posts: 15 Arc User
I am about to post the following under the recent CDP (QoL). But since you aren't suppose to discuss ideas there I wanted to share it here too.

-----

QoL..? What I'm gonna suggest.. well it would be QoL for me so i think it fits the bill. Please consider my following proposal:

"Training Grounds"

The name was from a guildie (my dear imaginary dictator) but i built an idea upon it. To make it clear and fast:

* The end content as it is now are the Trials. And both the community and users have different ideas, most being a separate low-level trial system or the like. What we as users want is a practical way to play these trials without having to waste tons of resources and wait for 10 of our mates to be online and available at the same time.

* we want the Trails to be more accessible. The ones that haven't completed them are probably just struggling to practice the mechanics (like myself).

* The reason I am struggling is that you/the devs built the end game to be trained via preview. I don't accept the preview shard as part of the main game. For me Mimic (or Owlbear) is for beta testing. And it's a great way to test the bugs and check out the forth coming features. BUT it shouldn't be the only/primary way to run and prepare for Trials.

* There should be an in-game way to practice the end content. The reason that only few or no one practices it (in live) is mentioned above. The AD cost and time to gather up friends to play.

* The AD costs are: Life Scrolls and Health Stones. If we could make a system that eliminates these I truly believe a lot more players would be able to access and practice ToMM/Zarial/new Trials to come.

Proposal:

* Make a new system under the classic Q. Call it "Training Grounds" or whatever. Put a back story to it: an NPC that tells you Elminister made a magical environment for you to prepare for your strongest battles.. The concept is once you reach level 80 you talk to the NPC and from then on you can Q under the normal system for either ToMM Training or Zarial Training.

* It is kind of like a Virtual (Magical) Reality. You enter and play at no risk.

* Within the trial there is an extra NPC. You can purchase (virtual) Scrolls of Life and Health Stones for free or like 1 gold each (gold sink yay!). But here's the catch. These are only in your possession while you are at the respective VR. Once you get out they disappear from your inventory. To come to think about it, you can make entering the Q via gold too (10 gold for example). It would be a nice way to spend gold in game.

* There will be no downgrade on the trials difficulty. So you get a real taste to the fight and check whether you are ready for the real one.

* There will be no experience nor even a chest at the end. This VR Training Ground is only there to practice. People can shout out in zone chat to gather training groups or even pug it.

I know a lot of people are going to say there is Preview. But as i mentioned before I don't believe Preview should be the way to play Neverwinter. If I want to play the game content it should be in Live. If I want to test the new content/changes preview is always there for that.

Thank you for your time.

-Tassle

Tagged:

Comments

• vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    good idea would definatly second that
    apart from knowing how things get broken there is a huge opertunity to break something totally
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I sense your main objective is to have a chance to explore an area or learn/train to solve some mechanic of the game without the required equipment intended for the area?

I believe there are several issues:

1) Cryptic removed all the 'normal' dungeons that allowed players to learn some of the mechanics of an area before they did the 'Epic' version of the dungeon with added mobs. There have been extensive discussions on ways of helping new players to learn their roles and the mechanics better since the removal of early skirmishes and many of the dungeons, and the reversal of original order of some areas (Underdark coming before Maze Engine as an example). There is a strong need for an area where players can learn without having to race through a dungeon to keep up with the herd (some gates were added 6 months ago to prevent bypassing areas completely - Caverns of Karandrax as an example).

2) There are many videos published of run-throughs of the dungeons and areas. These are done precisely so others can learn what to expect in a 'new' area. That entire community of contributors may have issues with a mechanic that nullifies their efforts and time.

3) There is an extreme lack of willing contributors to the Wiki for Neverwinter. This includes almost no detail walkthroughs at a detailed level that would equate to such a 'training area' as you have proposed. Perhaps you could spend the time to create such content for the benefit of others as well? Most other MMOs include mob strength and location details, notes on how to solve the mechanics of a room and detailed maps of what is needed to succeed. All of this takes time, patience, and an I to detail.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Since my conversation with my leader was similar to this and she did suggest I share it it, will copy paste my side of the conversation; topics were about adding content that will always be relevant or that could easily be updated/implemented.

Vezenta07/15/2020
    Everyone already said how to fix it...make current dungeons tiered, sort of like tales of old: First difficulty is no scaling, what you get when doing random. Second is scaled. Third is no items at all allowed, including scrolling. 4th power is decreased by 20%. 5th is power by 40%, no deaths allowed. Boom, content for everyone. Adjust rewards accordingly.

Vezenta07/15/2020
    For me, aside from that tiered content; they could also throw in an arena, they already have all assets to do so. I'd never run out of stuff to do if they did those two things.

Vezenta07/15/2020
    In the arena:
    Allow us to practice each boss with a default set of supplies: entry fee 5k, you get 5 scrolls, 1 stone of health, one piece of food of your choice per player.

Boss rush: Every boss in game, one by one, group of 5, start off with 0 enemy rating add 2k per boss: This would allow for endless renewable content anytime a new dungeon/trial comes out. Allows players to decide how high they want to cap stats to test themselves. Entry fee, 5k per player once again: allow spectators/1k ad to watch
    this would give me endless stuff to do and enjoy.

Vezenta07/15/2020
    it'd also remove AD from the game, which they love..
    you have some big names in there, everyone will want to watch in realtime.
    Along with their strategy on how far they get.

Vezenta07/15/2020
    We have mad wizard's arena and hell pit arena that can be recycled already.
    or just toss us into each boss's room, though I like the idea of the first two: and seeing the spectators watching, it'd be more work for changing some boss mechanics.

There are many guildies in my guild that can't run preview and sometimes even I can't go on preview, load in and can't move, never mind running any kind of content. So the OP's proposal would be something that helps many players.
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User

Since my conversation with my leader was similar to this and she did suggest I share it it, will copy paste my side of the conversation; topics were about adding content that will always be relevant or that could easily be updated/implemented.

Vezenta07/15/2020
    Everyone already said how to fix it...make current dungeons tiered, sort of like tales of old: First difficulty is no scaling, what you get when doing random. Second is scaled. Third is no items at all allowed, including scrolling. 4th power is decreased by 20%. 5th is power by 40%, no deaths allowed. Boom, content for everyone. Adjust rewards accordingly.

Vezenta07/15/2020
    For me, aside from that tiered content; they could also throw in an arena, they already have all assets to do so. I'd never run out of stuff to do if they did those two things.

Vezenta07/15/2020
    In the arena:
    Allow us to practice each boss with a default set of supplies: entry fee 5k, you get 5 scrolls, 1 stone of health, one piece of food of your choice per player.

Boss rush: Every boss in game, one by one, group of 5, start off with 0 enemy rating add 2k per boss: This would allow for endless renewable content anytime a new dungeon/trial comes out. Allows players to decide how high they want to cap stats to test themselves. Entry fee, 5k per player once again: allow spectators/1k ad to watch
    this would give me endless stuff to do and enjoy.

Vezenta07/15/2020
    it'd also remove AD from the game, which they love..
    you have some big names in there, everyone will want to watch in realtime.
    Along with their strategy on how far they get.

Vezenta07/15/2020
    We have mad wizard's arena and hell pit arena that can be recycled already.
    or just toss us into each boss's room, though I like the idea of the first two: and seeing the spectators watching, it'd be more work for changing some boss mechanics.

There are many guildies in my guild that can't run preview and sometimes even I can't go on preview, load in and can't move, never mind running any kind of content. So the OP's proposal would be something that helps many players.

in ddo the dungeons have many layers of difficuly
    you have casual normal hard and elite then you have epic normal hard and elite then you have reaper 1 to 10
    the groups or soloist go in and do the diff they can handle and the rewards scale with the difficulty
    this way they managed to create lots of new content without acually making anything new
    that scaling didnt just make 1 or 2 dungeons end game it made EVERY dungeon endgame