test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What happened to my toon?

craft#2263 craft Member Posts: 54 Arc User
Hi,
I have an Archer lvl 80 character, that I play for most part, because I like the ranged attack. I have been working really hard to get my Archer up in item lvl and ratings. She is now at 24,4 in item lvl and just to name a few ratings: Power 116,4k, Arm. Pen 65,8k (this is something I have to get up higher), Def. 114,4k, Combat Adv. 98,8k.

Before the new update to Avernus a few weeks ago, I did really good soloing Avernus.

After the update, I am mostly unable to solo Avernus, and it takes a lot longer to kill the mob.
So, something is really strange here, the Devs must have made Avernus a lot harder to solo than before or nerfed my class, or both.
I have no idea what to do now, probably not going in to Avernus at all other than doing the Ape :) .
An other option is to put this character on ice and start over with something else.

Thank you.

Comments

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    I have no idea what went wrong for you - according to the patch notes nothing should have changed for you. But they might have silently changed the mob stats, or enable scaling there. Both would have significantly detrimental effect on your performance.

Another thing is the Arm. Pen. versus Def. - you do not need more than 90k def., so try to pour those stats to Ar.Pen (but you apparently knew about that - and that should have not changed with the patch...)

One more thing is re-summoning the pet. That sometimes helps to random drops to your performance. (my wild guess)
  • craft#2263 craft Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Thank you rikitaki for your input. I'm doing what I can to get those stats up, but it's going to take time :) .
  • needless#3966 needless Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Having the same problem just not with soloing mobs. I play a Warden, something has changed. 26k ilvl 179 power all off powers caped. bondings maxed, leg companions. as of last week i cant even keep up with a warden, DPS wise, with undermountian gear still sloted with r11s chants. wth happend? is this the new scaling system? befor the patch i was doing fine now it feels broken. This is horrible.
  • craft#2263 craft Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    needless, I think you are on something here. There must be some kind of scaling in Avernus and the new Avernus zone, because I have no trouble soloing in other areas.
    They must have done something to the character stats without telling us about it.
    I would really like to know why this was done and if there is something I as a player can do about it. I'm not going into Avernus again until I am sure I can survive. I'm sorry to say this, but I usually do not look out for groups, but maybe that is an alternative.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Avernus has higher monster stats than other areas, so your stat caps need to be higher.