test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My thoughts on Module 19?

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
Not that is matters to anyone, but this is my feedback on the game module so far...

The Story
I didn't care for the Avernus Vallenhas (module 18) story at all. It seemed all focused on defending a doomed fortress and less on saving lives. I guess this new direction is better, Makos has more than one line to say, and I had no idea that ruler of Avernus owned a pet. I never followed the demonology of D&D all that much, I guess I will have to read up on the lore. I only just got back in town and made it to the first memory very quick. Seems like module 19 is going to be short and sweet? I like the dune buggy area, in order to listen to the car radio, I had to turn back up the volume on the music. No offense but Cryptic music has never inspired me.

The Game Changes
Oh god... you cut healing now? Nothing says you care, like pulling back on the health. My cleric featured in my siggy is a DPS anyway. However it seems the "Image of Baphomet" not only can freeze me in solid rock now, but he is immune to all my control? Am I suppose to throw harsh language at him and runaway screaming like a little school girl? Wizards are made the pariahs of this game when they can't hold their own. That don't matter much to me, since most of my people are done there, and will not return as it is now just another bank / mail box hub for the game. Adding more patrols, making AI stronger and not smarter isn't the way to create a "challenge" for many players.

That is my feedback so far, if I find something else, I will let you know.
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• Options
    Warlock - Brood of Hadar
    I see we went from snakes with bat wings to imps and now back to snakes with bat wings. I am ok with it, Aero is just wondering if there was a demonic strike? She is unaware of any imp or brood unions within the 9 hells.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    Vallenhas versus Avernus
    I notice practically no one is shouting out ++SIEGE++ anymore. Many are still asking invites to APE but even Insurgency is dead. As I figured, Vallenhas has quickly diminished to nothing more than a hub for banking and mail box. Those requesting APE are just after Juma Chicken Bags, because of the rewards they contain. If the developers change up the drops, no one will even bother with them and the whole zone will dry up. I was there after a boon point, so pitched in and helped players out where I could. I got lucky with my Chicken Bags and ended up with 3 genie gifts and a coalescent ward. I guess everyone else went down to Avernus to drive their dune buggies and talk to the flying elephant. When I say it like that, I sound strung out on drugs.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    New Spined Devil
    This tiny imp looks impressive, but until you open the package and get him out, you are unaware of his actual size. He is pretty small. The description claims he is a "Mystical" according to both the catalog (CTRL+J) and the information given. However he gets filed into the "Magical" creatures. I assume this is a bug and will be corrected, but I am not sure which direction. No one seems to like him, because at present you can get him in the AH for about 90K AD. He seems to be able to hold his own in a fight.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    Village Glyphworks
    I give up. You have "fun" trying to complete it. But you (Cryptic ghost) don't give two shakes about my thoughts or opinions.
    As I stated above, the "Image of Baphomet" not only can freeze me in solid rock now, but he is immune to everything?
    Minutes ago, I took my barbarian in there and she died twice to him. The last time the red ring appears, I moved and he still froze me in Stone Wall and killed me after his health is down to 25%. CHEAT! Foul cheater, that is what I call this now. I will not play a contest where the rules are just being made up to kill off the players as better entertainment. Until you repair this garbage, I will not bother taking part in the Village Gyphworks!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    Mail System Bugged
    I have been trying to send items to friends by mail. It appears, I need to send them twice to get them out. I typed up a letter, attached the items, press send, and they are in my inventory still. Blank letter "no body" to person attached the items and they send.

Hey Wendy, why did you send me this stuff? Oh never mind, I see the prior letter.

I still don't understand how you can mess up something you were not even working on?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Baphomet's Wall of Stone ability was disabled in a patch shortly after mod 18 launched. The change was reverted with the launch of mod 19. Since the m18 change was listed in the patch notes and the m19 one wasn't, it is likely this is a bug caused by Baphomet's inclusion into a m19 lair.

This ability has always been annoying though in the Ballad of... instance he is so weak now that it doesn't matter as much to me. The way to deal with this is to move immediately when the red circle appears. The animation is out of sync with the game effect.

If you wait at all, you will still get hit by the stun even if outside the circle. For ranged classes, it isn't as bad as melee but in either case you start the fight with a quick attack and then move. He always opens up with it so you can be prepared. Assumimg you can't kill him quickly, it is important to be mindful that it will come again. When the red appears, stop everything and move.

At least with this instance of hin, you don't have to worry about CC from Minsc and Xuna or being thrown out of arena and stuck.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    @pitshade thanks, my barbarian did this before they altered it. She only does this for the final boon points. What I see upsetting to me, this is akin to a toxic Dungeon Master altering the rules at the last minute to give his baby the edge. I have never cared much for module 18 at all. I think you can see that within my posts about it. :smile:

I never did Preview on this, but the very first issue I had was the too much red. My husband fixed me a hotkey workaround to set the red gamma. This has worked but every time I enter Avernus mod 18 I hit the hotkey and again when I leave. I am going to be happy when I don't need to return here. Meanwhile module 19 is nowhere near as bad and I do not need the color adjustment. Next the plot has holes (nothing new with these campaigns) and the story makes little sense. I know a lot of players just skip lore but I read it. I have no plan to do insurgency on any of my characters. It feels like I am being offered a headache and a half for a restorable artifact very much like the coin we use to flip for a random buff. This will end up on the trash pile of old artifacts in a few months. I tried my hand at siege which badly needed a tutorial for players. Once I figured it out, no one played, the majority stood about AFK until we made the boss show up. Siege is a dead duck and the only viable thing will be APE because of 2 things, seals (until they change out) the event offers 10, so you need to kill 30 APE to get pants or a shirt. They also drop 50 Chaotic Writings and people will milk the Juma bags as long as the have a small chance to drop AD, epic mounts, and companions.

Module 19 is much better so far, but the changes made to 18 feel overtly like dumb power ups to bosses, added patrols on roads, and mechanics to make those of us who have it 90% finished like we just started it over again. I don't mind dying, never have an issue of being sent to a campfire and waiting 30 seconds. This feels more like a toxic DM and I never liked playing with them. I know, but that is just my stupid opinion.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Don't get your hopes up for a climactic ending of the m19 story. It's like one of those books or movies that just rambles around aimlessly and then suddenly the author realizes they need an ending. Suddenly... everything resolves in a whirlwind of deus ex machina.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    pitshade said:

Don't get your hopes up for a climactic ending of the m19 story. It's like one of those books or movies that just rambles around aimlessly and then suddenly the author realizes they need an ending. Suddenly... everything resolves in a whirlwind of deus ex machina.

Oh like that series Messiah on NetFlix? :lol:
    --edit--
    A player PMed me in game asking me to explain the joke. NetFlix often makes series that grabs my interest, then without reason they drop the series dead in its tracks. Sense8 was another one (fortunately got a final movie after it was canned) but the final movie felt very rushed. Messiah was their latest hit and a miss, with an unknown subject causing a lot of havoc and chaos and his followers claiming him to be the Messiah. This was dropped after one season and left open ended. All these campaigns have the same unfinished feeling.
    Post edited by sandukutupu on
    wb-cenders.gif