test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Avernus treasure maps drop rate

13»

Comments

• anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    In my opinion drop from treasure maps is total broken. 0-1x map every 200-400 mobs... and that 1 map gives you an aquamarine or green ring, that's not a reward but torture. Devs please fix it asap., players are furious
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    Map drops are still inconsistent . Right after the patch I got 5 maps in about 40 mins .
    About 8 hours later logged back on and after farming for about 90 mins I got 3 maps .
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    ran a test yesterday after the patch cleared 35 sets of mobs in harumans then moved to the scab where i clered 30 odd sets of mobs and then cleared the elite mobs including the named balor then moved to docks cleared about 15 sets of mobs on my way to the elite section done a complete curcuit of there killing everything bar dockmaster then cleared mobs all the way back to the gate
    in that entire time i managed to pull, wait for it drum roll please
    the grand total of
    0 maps
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User

and yes, people were 'cheating' - the mad cartographer who gives you your first map free, you could drop the mission and retake it for another map , again and again and again....thats what the 'emergency patch' was about at 1-3am bst last week...'fixing a quest that could be dropped'
    though nothing was said about this at the time or subsequently....all hushed up as usual and no action taken against people.

Well, there could be a simple solution to this mess - they should turn this quest into a daily, but only for those that didn't exploit the living HAMSTER out of it. That should provide a steady supply of maps for all the honest players, and at least some kind of punishment for the others.

But i doubt that anything like that is going to happen either, i mean, we're still waiting on the promised legendary mount insignia from the bugged up Twitch Prime bundle for over 3 months now...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

fwiw : tank/heal toons having issues getting kills may find it of benefit to party up with a dps friend. the dps will kill faster, and even the occasional kill a tank/heal can sneak in while a dps is killing will represent a faster kill rate than doing it alone, which should lead to a higher drop rate. it won't solve the issue of the overall droprate not being good, nor will it solve the rng on rng problem, but it should at least leave them less behind the current curve than trying to do it all solo.

Not everyone has friends, let alone friends in game to team up with. I personally like going it alone, and only group up for qs, or the endgame trials/dungeons. Once I "notch my bedpost", I go back to farming rad, and resources to upgrade enchants, comps, etc...

Also I typically will get on the xbox for a few minutes before work(just long enough for a rando dungeon, or trial) do invocations, and then maybe if I'm lucky I can get some game time later int he evening. I seem to never be on when the rest of the alliance is LOL