test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: make healer marks rotate over party members with tab

paulamyo#4926 paulamyo Member Posts: 73 Arc User
Targeting is hard with the actual system. Sometimes imposible because there are many monsters and allies between the target and you... and you cant even see him.

Just make mark rotate in party. On start you have it. You hit tab, it passes to the next party member.

Also make it visible in the party section on the left of the screen.

Also dont let it go away because of distance or dying. Just maintain it in all cases until the marked person goes out of party.

Also, make healing at will heal the marked person and not the targeted person. If you want to mantain the targeted heals, make the at will heal BOTH the targeted and the marked person.

Comments

• Options
    cookiewookiee#8732 cookiewookiee Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I agree with this a lot. The targeting is really, really difficult. And please make the mark visible on the left side on the party summary. I can't see it at all behind the tank health bar and stamina bar.
  • Options
    liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I don't like the rotate through idea. I only want it on the tank.
    But, I do want the mark in the party section in the left of the screen, next to the agro meter, visible to all party members.
    This was requested by myself and at least one other person in the preview forums.
    With no response from the Devs.
    In fact, we only got one response from them, it was early on. Our concerns were not addressed.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • Options
    If you want all the time on the tank it doesnt matter much how mark is put on a char... as long as its not lost every minute like now.

If you have the mark on the tank and is lost for whatever reason I think it would be easier to put it back with the rotation in party than trying to target the tank in the middle of a combat.

I mean, I some times have to try 2 or 3 times to put the mark correctly OUT OF COMBAT during my tests.
  • Options
    shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    The rotation would be as bad as the targeting.
    It's not that hard to put the mark in one try, the problem is that if the fight is going bad and you want to mark someone else, you press tab really fast. Only half a second is enough to mark the person. So a "rotating" tab would be the same, in a fight you would be spaming the tab and miss the target pretty often unless you are 100% calm.

I would make a Class Feature or Feat that change the effect of the tab from Single Target to Aoe around the healer but not with that "less efective the more ppl". That way you can adapt better to the dungeon, trail or team.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• Options
    I dont think you will change mark many times to heal another person if you have only one tank. The problem is that the mark is lost many times and you have to re-mark the tank, and you dont even realise because you cant even see the mark normally.

My problem with targeting is not that I hit the tab wrong or several times, is that...

-I cant target people in the middle of a fight because they are moving and there are people in the middle.
    -I put cursor over them but system targets my own augment companion even if its like 30º away from cursor because who knows.
    -I have no idea of who is marked because mark is behind health bars and it doesnt appear on the party section.

The same problem with targeting applies to targetted at will. Is cool if you are in a fight against one enemy and everyone is spread and standing still. If fight is a mess, its useless.
  • Options
    shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Guess im used to it since i used Soul Reconstruction since before the nerf and rework, but the only times i can't target the one i want its when they decide to fight next to tank. And if i see they are way to close togheter, i just use aoe. If that doesn't help, well they should use potions at least or move away to be proper healed.

I see and understand your point on a "rotating tab", and at the same time see the same problem is right now:

No preassure: Easy targeting.
    Preassure (one got nearly one shoted/DoT/aggro): You might press it plenty of times and skip it by one, cuz you will want to heal s/he fast.
    But this might only happen with me lol.

My recomendation its change tab for a really BIG aoe heal with no reduction the more ppl you heal and it could cost 400 divinity/soulweave. And to make it more "fair" don't let it apply shields nor for warlocks or pallys, but instead give a dmg resis buff for like 10 seconds. This way we could have a emergency heal that we can't spam and it would give the team some time to recover.

Also, as i said plenty of times in the "healing changes feedback", they NEED to make the divinity/soulweave bar VISIBLE FOR EVERYONE. In fights where you need to burn your divinity/soulweave, even if you say "empty" or "low on it" there is a big chance they won't read it. And yes, they should use healing items but if they are on CD when you can't heal, its bad and somehow your fault.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    If they could just add a hard target lock based on player position in group (player 1, player 2, player 3, etc) instead of character name it would help immensely with targeted healing. Being able to bind a hotkey to targetlock a specific group member then activate the specific skill would help healers of all skill levels as well, not just a single subset of individuals(high vs low end).
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Don't have it rotate with Tab. Just have it rotate. "It's time for 'Healing Roulette'! Let's see who gets patched up this time!"
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    foxeatingwolf#7316 foxeatingwolf Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Said it before, will say it again, I don't want marking AT ALL. It doesn't work as a concept in a game that's already this visually busy, already enough going on to give me borderline epilepsy (And I'm not even prone to it, this game just gets crazy intense visually I get sensory overload all the time) when stuff gets going in dungeons and trials without needing to worry about who is marked, we don't need this complexity.