test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Re Retrieval quest AI campaign Relentless enemies.

jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
The Wacky long lasting agro on all the enemies in the caldera.
Once you trigger them by being within agro range and try to run past them they will literally chase you to the otherside of the map like they are the T100 terminator

Whats the deal with that? i often have a nice train of basic enemies just after i beat the snot out of the scorpions in the nest and try to leave the area only to end up fighting a parade before i can finish the quest.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    Is it a bug?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Kill them.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options

Is it a bug?

No idea if it is they never used to be. Only other enemy in the game that is that persistant is the Alosaurs in chult who i have had run underneath the river to chase me.
    greywynd said:

Kill them.

No choice but there used to be that why i am bringing it up here.
  • Options
    blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    When chased by massive amounts of enemies in any Cryptic game, I use my patented Picard Maneuver. Many years ago while playing Star Trek Online, I found all the enemy ships just chase you and don't use any real world tactics. I fly my ship in full reverse and shoot as they line up in front of me. The method should work for the Retrieval quest. Many games use some pretty dumb AI and this one is no different.

Just killing time...
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    If I remember correctly, if you aggro the mob, they will hunt you down. i.e. if I did not pay attention and aggro them by accident, they will find me or I out run them and exit before they get me. In short, don't take the sweat time to finish off the scorpions, arrange your inventory, ....., twisting the thumbs before you get into the balloon ship. They may be slow but they can come. On the other hand, fighting them is not the end of the day.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

When chased by massive amounts of enemies in any Cryptic game, I use my patented Picard Maneuver. Many years ago while playing Star Trek Online, I found all the enemy ships just chase you and don't use any real world tactics. I fly my ship in full reverse and shoot as they line up in front of me. The method should work for the Retrieval quest. Many games use some pretty dumb AI and this one is no different.

That is what we do in STO but we are trying to avoid the fights.

If I remember correctly, if you aggro the mob, they will hunt you down. i.e. if I did not pay attention and aggro them by accident, they will find me or I out run them and exit before they get me. In short, don't take the sweat time to finish off the scorpions, arrange your inventory, ....., twisting the thumbs before you get into the balloon ship. They may be slow but they can come. On the other hand, fighting them is not the end of the day.

NO other enemy in any other zone of the game (excluding the Alasaurs of chult) that i know do this much of a chase. Punk lizard folk on one side of Omu will not chase me to the tyrants lair. Sure i can get a few red HAMSTER to chase me to the boss room in arcane reservoir but at least they stand their ground to fight instead of bitching out and retreating backwards or inflicting weak HAMSTER knockback on death.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    jade1280 said:

NO other enemy in any other zone of the game (excluding the Alasaurs of chult) that i know do this much of a chase.

Reservoir in Sharandar and BIgrind in Icewind dale.

They have been doing that for my 6 characters every week for years.
    For reservoir, I don't fight any at all until the last room. I pull everyone to the last room.
    For Bigrind, I fight just enough (5 enemies) before the first bone gate to open the first bone gate and pull everyone to the last Giant.
    They follow from the entrance to the end.
    Same type of aggro. Different fighting style. Not a bug.