test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod19 ???

So I was reading the PC notes about changes in mod19. which is mostly about healing and how incoming and outgoing healing enchantments and companions are being nerfed.

Which brought to mind one item inparticularly....

Rusted Iron Leggings. I am wondering if these will be adjusted as well. because having 5x Rank 15 Tactical Enchantments would give you 10% incoming heals and if you toss on any companion slots with 3% incoming heals then you're still at a deficit of -9% incoming heals. So I guess everyone will be heading back to Heels of fury or other boots I suppose. But in either regards I was reading the updates and this line here stood out most to me.

Even with 5 comps with inc healing at max and 5 r15 tacts the rusted iron leggings are still utterly now worthless.

And the heels are now not even valid for all DPS classes.

As for the changes to heals.... because healing classes are not taxed enough is hilarious.

I can see how quickly with the paladin heals being reduced and changes that end game events are going to be extremely hard as if they were not extremely hard to begin with. I suppose I will never know as all the changes are geared towards end game players only, and never mind the mid game gamers who are up and coming and will be unable to fully partake in the game until they have reach the top tier levels. Only then will they be able to join.

Thoughts?

Comments

• kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Last time I saw they were not adjusted. That said, people on preview are running them and doing okay. It's all about managing mechanics to reduce your overall damage taken. In other words, it's putting some responsibility on you to manage your own health and know what your skill level is. If you can't manage mechanics -> wear other boots. If you can do that -> continue to wear the leggings. But I haven't looked in like a week. They might have cracked under pressure and changed them.

As to the changes to Paladin specifically, endgame mechanics were not already hard. They have a steep learning curve, but it's just a matter of memorizing a sequence. Once you memorize them, they were so easy as to be able to be done with just the Pallyshields instead of 2 healers (also due to healing being too easy). There are even people who could run it without a healer (and probably still can). Even the brand new trial was solo healed within a few days. The adjustments are intended to bring all three healers to an equal level of viableness to reduce the "Solo Pallyheal only" meta. If you're not endgame, then you probably haven't seen that glass ceiling, but it was a sour apple to Cleric/SW healers who are endgame but aren't allowed to participate or are taken along only in "carry groups".

As to your idea that healing classes were not taxed, well as a healer main, we definitely were not. I could spend 90% of my time in IC reading facebook if I wanted. When I can throw a 300k+ (800K on crit) heal on everyone, I don't need to worry about anything because I can fill pretty much everyone from the brink of death in the blink of an eye. I only need to throw a Bastion about once a minute, right after the tankbuster, in a halfway decent group. Never in a good one. I don't know about you, but that's definitely not taxing in my book. And that's as a cleric. As a Pallyheal throwing 300K+ smurfbars on everyone and doubling their HP to tank level and barely touching the divinity bar is even easier. Don't need to worry about anyone dying at all because everyone's a tank! As a DPS, I run with a few Pallyheals that can give me 500k in smurfbar. Given my 350k HP, that means I have an effective HP of 850k. I can tank IC as a DPS because of that, and I have (though I find it unpleasant and have no desire to do so since I will still die a few times where a real tank wouldn't).