test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

REDQ

crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 118 Arc User
edited June 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey
I dont know, if its just me that is unlucky all the time or if it is something worth look at.
Todays solo queueing REDQ resulted in:
1.Lomm
2.Lomm
3.Castle Ravenloft
4.Lomm
5.Lomm

This is not unusual , lomm is almost everytime.

Dont misjudge me, i like Lomm, but variation is more fun.
Also, a few times lately i got into groups with 2x healers, (and some day ago it was a group with 4x dps and 1 healer)

Latest month i think i have only seen maybe 5 of the 10x listed redq dungeons (cant remember all names).

BUT, when i going with a full Queue group, the variations is good on redq.
Anyone more experience this while solo redq and queue grp redq?

Sry my bad english, i hope u understand.

Comments

• Options
    miranda#3416 miranda Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I am not certain, but it seems there are REDQ rotations that favor certain dungeons over others on certain days. Some days you get legacy dungeons, others you get LoMM and Ravenloft. It would be nice to have this exposed so that groups knew what to expect.
  • Options

I am not certain, but it seems there are REDQ rotations that favor certain dungeons over others on certain days. Some days you get legacy dungeons, others you get LoMM and Ravenloft. It would be nice to have this exposed so that groups knew what to expect.

Ya, maybe so , never thought of it that way.
    But a good variation on the dungeons would be nice overall.
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    When you enqueue for randoms, you primarily sign yourself for filling the gaps.

Therefore, if you enter random queues without all 5/10 members pre-selected, the dungeon is not chosen randomly. Most likely, you end up filling the gaps in other parties. Parties - or a single individual - directly queuing to some content.
    If LOMM has the best reward/effort ratio, it is likely that some people enqueue for it - while letting the system to fill the party.

One person directly selecting LOMM will suck 4 other people from RQ to that dungeon. That happens. A lot. Especially if you are tank or heal.

The same goes for Master of hunt/Dread legion... If you try random skirmishes during the double Sharandar currency, 9 out of 10 cases you will end up in the Sharandar skirmish. Because there is always someone that clics on that skirmish directly.
  • Options
    rheylinsark#1888 rheylinsark Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I'm fairly certain that soloing the randoms tries first to place you to fill out groups of players that intentionally chose a specific dungeon/skirmish/trial, and LOMM gets farmed a lot. That would explain why LOMM pops so often for players queuing solo for REDQ, and why queuing REDQ with a full group seems actually random.
  • Options
    Ty for anwers.
    Well it sounds reasonable thou, maybe they could do, in solo mode that same dungeon just cant hit twice/3x's in a row.
    I would appreciate that, for the variation.
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Why do REDQ more than once per day? Just Q directly once you have the bonus AD.
  • Options
    kharkov58 said:

Why do REDQ more than once per day? Just Q directly once you have the bonus AD.

Well, without grp as dps redq feels like faster and imo, the thought at "not to know whats coming" is fun, even thou nowadays seems too be the same B)