test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback - M19 LOMM after most recent healer changes

So. I got a group of friends together to run LOMM after the most recent healer nerfs, I mean... Changes...

I ran this on my Cleric healer. With a party on Discord. After this run... I won't do LOMM in Mod 19 as a healer with teams that are not fully on voice chat.

I wish I had thought to video this... how do I put this politely... interesting run. We only ran to the end of the Bore Worm (that space is important), because a couple of team members had things to do, places to go, real D&D to play.

Lets start from the start.

Cleric mark. Drops off. It is still impossible to see, because of the tank's Health Bar and Stamina Bar. I spend half of my run questioning if my tank is marked "wait, you're not marked, oh wait, yes you are! wait, no your not, let me mark you, HEY! ROGUE GET OUT OF THE WAY SO I CAN MARK THE TANK!" For the record, he only lost the mark once or twice due to distance. The rest were due to, from what I could tell... cut scenes, entering boss fights, leaving boss fights, going through doorways, because the game decided he had been marked long enough, and it was going to drop off.

suggestion This has been suggested this before. Change the position of the mark, raise higher. Also. please Put the mark icon with the party composition on the left, you know, next to the tank/healer/DPS icons? but, maybe make that visible to everyone? The party I ran with, one of the comments that was made by everyone, especially the tank was "how are we to know if the tank is marked, or if you've marked the wrong one? We can't see the mark"

Arcturia is still bugged. I've mentioned it on another thread, so I won't go into details here.

Healing Arcturia. Yes, it's possible. After I realised that the Mark had dropped off the tank, and I wasn't healing the tank (thankfully realised this before mimics, before cocoons, before he died, and I was able to find him and mark him easily, thanks to voice chat/discord, good communication with the team). We killed the first round of mimics, had a party member cocooned, he yelled it out into discord, and everyone stayed back, allowing me to hit him, and ONLY him with Bastion of Health, giving him the full magnitude of the heal.

Now, in a pug group, everyone would gather round, and be hitting Arcturia, because, well.... "KILL HER!!!!!!" which means that you get that 1500/5 heal... 300 mag... that won't heal the person in the cocoon. I could go back to intercession, but that's not a guarantee, because there's a good chance that someone will take a big hit from Arcturia right before I use it, and they'll get healed instead (yes, I've had that happen before, many times, which is why I don't use it anymore.)

So, we get through the second mimic phase, the bugs, the butterfly golems, a few deaths because of the bugs. In all seriousness. Fix the bugs, and this fight is still fine. But it seems like NWO has an issue with mimics, I mean, you took them out of ToNG because you couldn't control them!

The invisible golems after Arcturia are still there, but mentioned in another thread. We cruise to the Bore(SPACE)Worm.

This is where I get Nervous (TM). Usually, with this group, this fight is a breeze.... I'm worried how I'm going to heal everyone through the lightning, especially the second phase.

So. we run in. Mark is gone. I re-mark the tank. the arena is large, so we try to stay close so that the mark doesn't fall off (we were successful, btw) PEW PEW PEW. First rock phase. knock the rocks down, none fall in, perfect. We gather by the stairs. I like Healing Word to start with, and then I top up with Bastion as needed for the first lightning phase. This goes smoothly (it usually does).

Everyone stays alive, Divinity was down by about 1/3. We go back to the Worm, it feels strange to not have to Channel Divinity to get my divinity back up! Which makes me wonder.... Channeling divinity while in combat used to be a way to regenerate my AP, so... now how do I get AP? only by healing or doing damage? I don't do much damage. I don't want to waste my Divinity on healing if it's not needed... hmmmm

Next rock phase. We have a few rocks fall in, 5. Usually perfectly managable....

Back to the stairs. Healing Word, Hallowed Ground. And I pop out to heal from outside so I don't get knocked around so much, so it doesn't interrupt me while I cast. Tank still has the Mark, he has picked up agro on the golems so they don't pick on me. HG is keeping the group alive, which is perfect, until it runs out. Cast Bastion on the group when I see health dropping below about 3/4, and then I see tank's health also dropping, because he has been knocked away by the golems, so I tab heal, and because of the feat I took, it's only a 1s cast time, and he gets the full heal, and the reduced divinity cost. I need to heal the group again, so Bastion a few more times, a couple of tab heals on the tank.... anyway. I can't remember exactly how it went... but... I ran out of divinity... we had a few deaths, I said "I'm out of divinity!" the tank said "I'm out of health!" so did a couple of the DPS. we used a couple of scrolls, 4 or 5 (or 6 or 7) deaths all up. I was using Divine Glow to help get my divinity back up, but... I had to wait for the cooldown.

All in all... For LOMM, make sure you have your scrolls and healthstones. or... just... abandon it... because... it's a hard No from me... unless also nerf, sorry, CHANGE the damage done by that lightning phase... it's no longer fun... and people just wont run it.
Lia
Co-Guild Leader
Ghost Templars L20
Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
Alt: Warlock