test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Issues Making AD?

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
edited June 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
I was online today and strolled into Protector's Enclave to read a blurb about issues making AD in this game... I simply stated that I made 4.5 million rough AD in one week. Two or three people jumped on me calling me a liar. No they didn't question how, they went straight to you're a liar. :disappointed::astonished::angry:

Tried to explain there is no issue making AD it is the refinement that stops you or slows you down. Only one person whispered me "How did you do that?". I told them "Thanks for asking, I will send details by mail.". I guess I am disappointed people just want to call you names instead of asking questions. I tend be open minded, if some level 35 walked into PE and stated they killed Valindra last night, I might assume a lot of things, but I would not hit the liar button. Maybe another character, maybe they think they killed her and are just mistaken, or maybe they are joking. The point is, I would ask questions.

To see how I made 4.5 million rAD follow this thread. I thought I only make 3 million but as it turns out I just took an accounting today and the rAD is drying up. I refined another 100K today and then went about working on Sybella quests and old unfinished campaigns. If any of them drop rAD, it must be in tiny amounts. I don't to RQ and I haven't been questing for more rAD.

I don't like people who claim to be Mr. Know It All, but I don't like being called a liar even less.

Have fun!
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• Options
    AD, rAD, and bAD is all just AD. Bonus AD is AD owed to you, rough AD is AD you can't spend yet, like a certificate of deposit. Making AD isn't an issue. If you don't want to talk about rough AD or bonus AD that is fine by me. Refined AD can be made each and every day in the Auction House.

This is not a misleading topic. It is all about players who state it is "impossible to make AD" and don't specify they just want it handed to them. Sorry to break the news, you must play the game. I told them in chat "Rough AD" and they still said it was impossible. I would like to know how "Issues Making AD?" mislead you to this thread.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    There are many like that in facebook. They claimed they know the game but they don't. AD, rAD do not matter. There are ways to make either kind.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    i Kinda see were they are coming from, if you are a new player you are pretty much HAMSTER until you get to level 80

Random dungeon queue will give a new player around 7k with the role bonus

At level 64 after you start sharandar you have access to the random skirmish which isn't a lot either

And at level 80 you need 18k (i think) for random trial at this point new players won't even reach that amount because most of them have no companions, bondings, artifacts, etc...

For random epic dungeon queue you need 20k, again for a new player it is hard to get to that without a couple bondings, companions, companion gear and boons from a rank 20 guild ... they could farm ME'S but they are limited to 3 a day...

They could farm jumma bags but again they need 20k item level to go to avernus....

Once they get to 20k item level becomes easy to earn rough ad but the cap conversion doesn't even allow them to buy 10 pres wards lol...
    i miss the days the cap was per character and all that useless epic gear had a purpose.

Of course there are extra ways to earn ad... go into throne of the dwarven gods and even without a key you have a small chance to drop the spelunking as a reward for finishing gold that will net you 400k+ or just simply use your credit card...

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    There's a guy in the alliance I am in. Spends all his weekends farming the Fortress in the Ring. Then he sells the Enchanting Stones he gets.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    someone should tell him to store the keys and wait for 2x enchanting stones, there's one coming up next week i think :)

oh and don't forget that on top of the stuff i said previously there are still guilds that ask for weekly AD and people who don't know best actually join them...
  • Options
    I agree there isn't many ways to make AD for players under 80. And there is no way for a new player, fresh off the boat, to make millions in a week. But I wasn't representing it as such. I always show new players they need to start small, and in truth, they don't require a lot of AD during the "leveling up" to 70 where the AD really kicks in for them.

Years ago they gave out AD for invoking and people just made armies of invokers to collect it. So they changed it to bAD (bonus AD) that you can still collect by playing the game. They turned it into an IOU and said, if you earn AD, we will pay you more AD. I recall those days coming to PE and seeing vast armies of drones invoking at campfires. I didn't care much for the change from AD to bAD, but I have grown accustom to using it. Now I don't need to invoke with Sybella selling us 50K bAD as well.

I am not cool with the 100K AD cap. That could have been handled better for sure. But the cap stems back to the fact they have the AD directly linked to the cash currency, Zen, and they can't change that anytime soon.

My advice to new people, get into professions and make your gold. For some reason -that still bewilders me- there is someone who will buy your gold bars for 150 to 175 AD each. You never need gold, if you produce it. I guess I will leave it at that, we don't want the gold bar market to crash. :lol:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    The very problems are :

1- Impatience.
    People who started the game 1-2-3 month ago are already wanting to crawl in AD & Zen. They want to consume the game as fast as possible, be endgame and BiS as fast as possible, and that's a mindset mistake for multiple reasons.

2- Lack of deep thinking, searching or working on "how to make AD" (or more generally being efficient), and lazyness to fill these lacks.

The world owes those people all its fruits. They want to be fed with AD, they want to harvest in massive amounts right away, but don't want to think themselves about and work on planning the fields, preparing the soils, sowing the seeds, growing the AD crops during months before the harvest.

Some years ago, it was the reign of tutorials, of youtube videos about "how to anything". It became so easy to stop thinking by yourself, to stop racking your brain for a solution, and instead just choose to get the online explaination... that it has led us now at the dawn of a generation for whom even reading or searching on google is too much of an effort...

3- Lack of planning and preparation for events

New mod release, x2 RP&enchant stones, x2professions, x2guildmarks, -50% prices on guildmarks, -x% on tamarlune, winter & summer fest, Jubile, BlackFriday, etc, are all recurrent events you can very much profit if you invest some of your time understanding how they work, what to do how and when.

It didn't take me 1 serious month in NWO to figure out by myself the baseline of an economy strat and planning it, just by reading texts in the game, checking the various functions, testing and surveying supply/demand for some items of value on the AH, make some basic calculations in my head, and confirm with reading some reddit posts. And it was a fun to dig in.

I made some true youth errors, obviously, and lost some gambles i had recognize as being gambles (still happens nowdays ^^). But overall the process of evergrowing wealth was engaged.
    2017 jubilee with 10k Zen, 2018 with 30k+ Zen, 2019 with 50k+ Zen, and if it was not for the 3 legendary mounts pack some months ago, i would have had ~60k to spend for this 2020 Jubilee.

I suppose having a big longterm plan kind of help...

4- Lack of understanding about how to multipurpose.

There are plenty of exemples of how to choose a task and hit multiple goals with it.

One of my favorite is currently the rAD weeklies.

Obviously, it works today for me because i had create an army of alts in 2017, get all the bags on all my toons thank to racial packs + account companions (i think i have at least 5 ?) in 2018, 9 account epic mounts in 2019, 3 account legendary mounts in 2020 => yeah, it's a longterm process, but i had thinked and worked quite a lot to get there

More often than not, people are surprised or even mock me calling me crazy when i tell them i'm doing the 4500 rAD weeklies on 18 to 21 (out of 38) of my toons (in a sense, it has replaced my ~4min cloak tower/temple of spider/~7min epic temple of spider farming back at mod11.5 to mod13).

Yeah. Why am I doing that ?

- it's usually the first thing I do in my NWO day (with invoking and collecting my workshops). It's somewhat an afterwork brainwasher, and a filler task that can be toss in pretty much any waiting time or "pause" I get in ingame + I only need one hand, the other can be use Al Bundy style. (ok, i admit, i have bound autorun and ++interact on my mouse thumb buttons ^^)
    Waiting between the first and second invoke ? Waiting friends to connect ? Waiting a queue to start the dungeon/trial (whether it's a premade or in pure pick up) ? Want to do something brainlessly ? etc, etc. Let's go 4500rAD weeklies.
    My main is doing the arcane reservoir+red magicians+baphomet+biggrin+portal of tuern in 10-12 min (the weakest of my toon in 15-18 min), and it can be interrupted easily and quickly at any point between each weekly if something more interesting is about to happen (IG or IRL).

- I earn 33750 rAD/toon/week (invoke rAD bonus included). With 21 toons, that's all I need to refine 100k rAD/day during a complete week. It only costs me ~45min playtime/day, I don't need to prepare a premade queue, i don't need to wait someone before or during the task itself, i don't get frustrated seeing random picked up guys unaware of basic dungeon mechanics, with crappy stuff, "wasting my time carrying them".
    That's let me with ~3h15 playtime being free to do whatever appeals me, and so sometimes i'm tagging ReDQ alone just because i can afford "wasting my time" with random people and glad to do so ^^.

- I complete sybella's adventure/conquest quests 5 weeks after I have taken them and end up with various free BtA stones from the shop (so i sell the unbound ones from other sources). (in fact, sybella's quests for Sharandar, Dread Ring, Maze Engine and Icewindale are nearly the only ones i do, i don't bother with the others unless it's x2 all historic campaigns)

- I don't need equipment for those weeklies so.... why not using a loadout on each toon revolving exclusively around farming ?
    +gold (star of simril companion bonus, stronghold treasure hunter boon, prosperity insignas, etc) and gold = craft = AD on AH
    + rAD (traveler's treasures) to have a bit more rAD (don't ask me why, i just love having a year worth stockpile of rAD)
    + refinement stones (wanderer's fortune, quartermaster/dragon's hoard enchant) = AD on AH.

- I earn campaign currencies and give it to the micmic for guildmarks that are traded for mastercraft ingredients, and guess what, that's also AD on AH (though it's not as glorious as in mod 11 and 15).

There are other exemples on how throwing a stone and kill 2-3-4-5 birds with it.

All in all, most people don't want to "think" or "work" to reach their goals in a game, they want the easy way without any effort which is quite a shame as a big part of gaming is built on recognize/understand/adapt/overcome what prevents you from reaching your goals...

Is a game still really a game when you barely have to do something to progress or win, if you don't meet any obstacles or opposition ?
  • Options
    I see a lot of impatient players. Hanging out in any zone waiting on the BHE to pop up, I will see some player ask "Any BHE?" and that is ok, but the conversation is more like this;

[Zone] XD Mega 666 XD : any bhe?
    [Zone] Llorna Zorg: Nothing here on #3 what map instance are you on?
    [Zone] St0rm Z3r0: BHE?
    [Zone] Llorna Zorg: Nothing here on #3, but #2 just finished 10 mins ago.
    [Zone] XD Mega 666 XD Storm Zero: +inv bhe #2
    [Zone] Llorna Zorg: no #2 finished, and will not be up for 50 minutes.
    [Zone] St0rm Z3r0: BHE?
    [Zone] Llorna Zorg: no nothing. what map # are you on?
    [Zone] XD Mega 666 XD Storm Zero: any bhe?
    [Zone] St0rm Z3r0: not on 3

That is very typical these days.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    People want, but don't seem to know how to look.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    bruce55bruce55 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Most people just sit in PE 24/7 complaining they dont have gear/ad etc. All they have to do is leave PE and do a little work.
  • Options
    madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    you dont 'need' 20k ilvl to enter avernus, i run my 15k alts in with no issues, 20k is just 'recommended', not a requirement.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

you dont 'need' 20k ilvl to enter avernus, i run my 15k alts in with no issues, 20k is just 'recommended', not a requirement.

All 8 of my characters entered Avernus (prior to some really odd changes with Insurgency*) and all were less than 20K, almost all have finish it 100%. Just lacking some of my boon points. All of them were wearing their old mod 14 Ravenloft 770 gear when they arrived. It didn't take me long to acquire bags of chickens... the ones with 1225 armor. I have so much of the armor leftover, I wish I could share it with others. I am at the point I just sell it off for the 1 gold to the vendor now. Making a jump from level 770 gear to 1225 gear is very easy. I always wait 3 to 4 mods before changing up my gear. Avernus was a great mod for the gear boost. But the issues make it, less than I would desire to replay in the future. It will forever be just another mail box/bank hub to me.

*Insurgency is just another rod hunt, like Stardock. I am not doing it. After Insurgency started, I noted new patrols around some HEs. They didn't stop me, I just found them annoying. Courier Imps and Horsemen drift around Saving Souls HE. I use to wait on the steps for my party to arrive, but if you do this now, the horseman will ride through and start the HE. Instead of making some new challenging AI for the NPCs, Cryptic resorts to adding more or putting knock down into everything they redesign.

@bruce55 I know what you mean. I will be doing my banks, auctions and can't help notice the same users in PE chat. I have told a few of them they use Neverwinter like IMVU or Second Life. Welcome to Neverwinter the best 3D Chatroom just like 4chan would make! :lol: I personally know some role-players who hung out in PE and leveled their characters and companions to 80 without playing the game. Nothing wrong with that, just no option to complain about your lack of AD when you are not playing the game. ;)
    wb-cenders.gif