test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter ON NEW CONSOLES?

Hello guys! Im thinking these days about next generation of consoles.
The question its,can play Neverwinter with my GWF and with my same account,my guild and all my items on the next generation consoles? Or smash my XboX/PS4 right now?
Srry for my english.
Soy Español @Touro

Comments

• Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Microsoft say the next gen XBox will feature full backward compatibility for XBox One games, if that helps?
  • Options
    hadriam#9397 hadriam Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yeah u can play Never on PC...the problem its can play Neverwinter with my actually account on next gen?
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Right now, you can't play your xbox toons on pc, or ps4, same goes for pc to either console. I have heard that many games that currently aren't cross play capable, will become so with the next gen.

I REALLY REALLY hope that if this happens to neverwinter they figure out how to stop the botters and multiboxers on pc. As it stands now the pc adx is frozen at the max of 750, and it takes nearly a month to exchange ad for zen. If they can't fix this, I would very much love if they leave us in our own ecosystem until a permanent fix is made. Our economay on xbox is bad enough since they raised the cap last year, when they didn't need to.
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited June 2020

Right now, you can't play your xbox toons on pc, or ps4, same goes for pc to either console. I have heard that many games that currently aren't cross play capable, will become so with the next gen.

I REALLY REALLY hope that if this happens to neverwinter they figure out how to stop the botters and multiboxers on pc. As it stands now the pc adx is frozen at the max of 750, and it takes nearly a month to exchange ad for zen. If they can't fix this, I would very much love if they leave us in our own ecosystem until a permanent fix is made. Our economay on xbox is bad enough since they raised the cap last year, when they didn't need to.

Couldn't agree more.
    There are many reasons I'm happy to never see cross platform play, but right there at the top of the list is the economy. Particularly the ADX exchange system.

Aside fro that, they would need to overcome the problems with MS and Sony and the difficulty in releasing new content across all three platforms at the same time.
    Even if they were able to achieve absolute platform parity on DLC release dates, I don't think it would be a good idea.
    Here's just one simple reason that a lot of people who keep asking for this seem to forget. They would need to establish a means for ALL console players to gain equal access to the Preview servers or one third of the player base would have early access to content and get to practise, evaluate and number crunch the best builds, gear and techniques weeks ahead of console players, establishing a two tier game at the drop of every new content. Which would be ridiculous.

One "Content Creator" recently talked about how he thinks there may be an upcoming change to include a shared bank across platforms. Which at first glance sounds OK. Until you realise that what it means is, "I can trade my AD for Zen on XBox, shafting the XB economy, and shovel it over to my PC account, where I can sell it for more AD than it cost, then I can go back to XBox, buy more Zen..." and within about an hour of the system going live, XBox Zen costs 750 and has a three week waiting period A few PC players have made a killing and XBox players are screwed over.
    So, No thanks.
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I totally forgot about the lack of preview for consoles. That would be another huge reason for not going to cross platform with neverwinter. The adx is by far the biggest reason IMHO, but the preview server not being accessible to my xbox toons is another one.
  • Options
    penybontpenybont Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I hope not Neverwinter is terrible game that we have to pay for to play it