Install Arc
Options

Battle Worn Rod: What we need Cryptic to tell players

2»

Comments

• Options
    xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    This Rod farm just got stupid. No its not hate post or a rage, but lets see today is 10th of june, the patch notes from 4th say "The Battle Worn Metal Rod and rings now have a chance to drop for all players who damage a warlord." and we think now its working and i will finally get my rod. Wrong!

For the last 7 days i have spent 2-3hrs each day doing insurgencies, with a average of 20-25 per day... that's over 150 insurgencies.

We all know that's maybe only 1/3 have a boss (cant get a reason why), but still is 50 bosses and no Rod.

I don't know what the Dev's find fun, bur doing the same encounter over and over for several hours each day trying to get a item lock behind bad RNG is stupid.

Set the ROD on the campaign shop make it 5k Writhing or what ever... let me do 50 insurgencies and buy it its less stupid dam do this 200 times and still not get it.

15 hours doing the Same HE after a item that doesnt drop is not fun and after that u expect us to go do Bel again same fight as many times as possible... repetition repetition repetition takes to perfection or insanity... this is pure MADNESS.

Edit*
    Even less repeat this for my other characters.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I'm not killing myself chasing it. I got the rod after the patch on 2. I have not seen one ring. It is not worth my time to keep throwing myself into it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I've got the rod on both my DPS toons, that seemed pretty easy after the patch. I haven't yet been able to get it on my healer. If fact I think (not 100% sure) one time a boss spawned, because I focused on healing the DPS, and I didn't register a hit on the boss - I didn't even get the boss completion rewards. Again, not 100% sure.
  • Options
    mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I thought the drop rate wasn't bad at first, 2.5 hrs of insurgencies to get 2 rods on my dps. But, then I started on my tank and healer so 4 days later and I'm done. My support won't be farming this anymore.