test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

INSURGENCES ARE THE WORST THING EVER ADDED TO THE GAME.

lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
Sorry, not sorry.

Nothing else to add
Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?

Comments

• therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    Once I thought nothing could be worse than fishing, but I tend to agree.

And the worst part is still to come. When someday most of the players got the item restored or gave up and only a few players will run insurgencies... uh, oh....
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

And the worst part is still to come. When someday most of the players got the item restored or gave up and only a few players will run insurgencies... uh, oh....

Well, many people who already got their rods will get their final 20% charge today (for me it is tomorrow, as I missed one day), and have no motivation to run the insurgencies after that ... and with the Jubilee and the next mod coming this month there will be an unavoidable drop in players doing insurgencies.

However, it is quite possible that this was taken into account during design - I mean, that would be the smart thing to do, right? For example something like "the number of insurgencies that need to be completed to fill the Bel meter to 100% is equal to the number of Vallenthas instances times 4." Then it would scale neatly, even when fewer players are spending time in Vallenthas.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Well, many people who already got their rods will get their final 20% charge today (for me it is tomorrow, as I missed one day), and have no motivation to run the insurgencies after that ... and with the Jubilee and the next mod coming this month there will be an unavoidable drop in players doing insurgencies.

However, it is quite possible that this was taken into account during design - I mean, that would be the smart thing to do, right? For example something like "the number of insurgencies that need to be completed to fill the Bel meter to 100% is equal to the number of Vallenthas instances times 4." Then it would scale neatly, even when fewer players are spending time in Vallenthas.
    Yah, we've only spent about 2-3hrs in the last couple days just to fill up the bel meter. Worst part? you complete the insurgences and dont even get a boss 60% of the time. Its a terrible design.

Atleast with fishing, you could complete it at any given time of the day. Insurgences have time frames and a whole bunch of bugs to it, not to mention that there's already enough grind in the game as to be farming bloody heroics. Not even sure how many more runs it will take for the rod to drop. It's more frustration than fun at this point.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Fishing is far worse. SKT is far worse.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    i dont agree the insurgencies are fun
    but with the exteremelly bad drop rate of the rod cryptic made them a job
    and like all jobs they stop being enjoyable and become get done and never do again
  • volournvolourn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I agree with the above. Insurgeneics es are fun. I love the currency you get. But, the drop rate for the rod is horrid. I've done over 40 and nothing. I've heard people have done over 100 and nothing. That is hours of nothing.
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Not for that Rod or fun, but think about it:

Insurgences is actually, a very good way to farm rAD w/o doing any random dungeons/trials, plus you'll have many Juma bags to open.
    2fv72Fw.png