test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Severe Lag in Avernus

arailem#1581 arailem Member Posts: 47 Arc User
Netgraph shows a receive packet of 4,998,362 just standing idle in Vallenhas for 5 seconds. Spawning mounts results in the mount spawn animation to lock up in a loop, same with attempting to use a Teleport Scroll to either Protector's Enclave or Moonstone Mask. Walking is impossible, resulting in me rubberbanding horrendously or my shadowstep being engaged despite not pressing that specific key.

Members of the Alliance I'm a part of have also noticed the severe lag, and I'm not having problems in literally any zone other than Vallenhas.

Sunshine SaltmineIs only game, why you have to be so buttmad?

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I no longer desire to enter Avernus as they amped up the HEs to max level stoopid. I have over 50% of my characters done and just collecting boon points. I am sure the issue is you now have maps (instances) numbering in the high 50's. After arriving try moving to a map showing a low population. Also check out reasons for lag on the official wiki. Not all issues are with their server or your PC and unfortunately they are the issues that can never be resolved.

I am pretty sure the game is not 100% at fault, it is only a combination of little issues along the journey creating a much bigger problem.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • arailem#1581 arailem Member Posts: 47 Arc User

Also check out reasons for lag on the official wiki. Not all issues are with their server or your PC and unfortunately they are the issues that can never be resolved.

I am pretty sure the game is not 100% at fault, it is only a combination of little issues along the journey creating a much bigger problem.

The issue is the fact that the game ran perfectly fine on max/ultra settings on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Now it's to a snail's pace. Nothing has changed in those 3 days other than a gpu change on Saturday (and again, the game ran beautifully until yesterday).
    Sunshine SaltmineIs only game, why you have to be so buttmad?
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1256147/avernus-instances-again . Its a Cryptic issue. some instances will work fine, some are broken. The Avernus system is breaking down in the same way it did a month and a half ago.