test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companions

darshan1012darshan1012 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
Lemme be direct and say I am very pissed with the changes that happened to companion's damage and their inability now to tank properly since most taunt companion ability was removed to not do so...

Literally when MOD16(the doom) happened in the game, everyone was focused with the changes to the class feats and other mechanic changes that happened in the game, but what I was so pissed about when the doom happened was how my companion was gimped into useless bots moving around me unless they have %hp heal or being melee if I am a ranged character because their damage is puny and laughable( I mean seriously do these dev even play this game? What's the point of having so many so called companions and giving out so many in events when all of them turns out being useless unless it is an augment or having some %heal)

Ever since MOD16 came, the monster have been so much more difficult to solo and especially so for newer players and so having at least a useful companion(companions that have at least some decent damage) by your side would make it sooooooooo much easier to solo content but no, at this point I think the developers can just delete all the different companions and just create a vendor that sell companion passives because other than augment I don't see any point in having other companions especially the damage companions which I loved so much before mod 16)

So coming to conclusion, will there be any changes at all to the damage and the usefulness of a companion while soloing contents.. I loved the changes to the companions system as a whole in the mod 16 but NOT AT ALL what they changed to the companions skills and their damage values or their utilities such as taunt). Please note that this is not another hate comment about the developers or anything I am just spewing out the truth about the state of companions in the game currently.

Comments

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Ewww... Well, lately, when they advertise companions (like Hezrou), they put-up the screen-shot of Player Bonus Power, but not the companion abilities. The new healing rework does not expect players to use non-augment companions... and the difference in transferred stats is a no go as well.

So, I guess, companions are already an abandoned idea everywhere in the company - from development to marketing. They just cannot be bothered to actually remove them from the game.
  • elfrigginminsterelfrigginminster Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have recently returned to the game, and the experience has been horrible, mostly due to the reworked companions. I had spent a lot of time and money to get companions I enjoyed to perform in a manner that suited my play style only to come back and find that my legendary priestess of sune with legendary gear was less useful that my friggin rare quality Cat. A cat!!! Basically what you did, was take hours of my time and money and set it on fire in front of me. I will never give another dime to this game, i will be surprised if I can force myself through this frustration to even continue playing.

Elfrigginminster