test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M19: Ranger Feedback

124»

Comments

• djnasty93djnasty93 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited July 2020

- WARDEN : Encounters got too little magnitude this cause that when you are in movement and not attacking at will to loose a lot of damage from flurry.. More magnitude of encounters should balance this mechanic better. Thats better to gave back the 5% dmg on first feat of ranger warden. (less at will damage but comparated more encounter damage should help)

- HUNTER : DoT of roots its too short, 3 tick arent enough, control bonus should affect the number of ticks Roots are making.

- HUNTER : Rapid Strike (melee) got too short range, when used after distruptive shot Ranger Hunter need to constantly press W to return under boss to not loose Rapid Strike.. A little more range of rapid shot should help the later positioning after Distruptive Shot.

- HUNTER : Hindering Shot charges should recharge faster cause every rotation pass from Hindering Shot (bow).

- HUNTER : Hunter teamwork its very weak and its a loss of damage cause when you switch stance and you still got Careful attack DoT (melee) on target but your melee encounters need 1 second to be casted, you cant spam many Careful Attack (melee dot) waiting fot thoose encounters to be fully loaded cause Carefull Attack its not dealing Dmg when Click its held down.

- HUNTER : Distruptive Shot Daily ''dodge movement'' its weird and not performant, also its very dangerous cause it can move back on a AoE, need to repositionate after every Disruptive Shot (tested in tomm many times, it is really the worst thing in hunter build.. a thing that you can hate playn Hunter in front of an enemy) please try to fix/change this so hunters can stay stopped fighting like every class of game

BUGS

- HUNTER : Commanding Shot with feat that add a 10% more buff its not adding that 10% on any ranger skill/atwill.

- HUNTER : Pray Feat its giving a 7% Dmg instead of a 10% dmg like written.

- WARDEN : Hindering Strike in a certain situation will bug and deal ZERO dmg and doesnt proc the cooldown reduction feat, less casting time should help.

- SOUL RAVEN set its not working anymore the tip say you need to catch healer and one person to active it, it isnt working as intended.
    Post edited by djnasty93 on
    Aimed Shot at will not dealing an Encounter DMG, for 1 second cooldown it should be stronger.
  • chemodan007chemodan007 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    djnasty93 said:

BUGS

- HUNTER : Commanding Shot with feat that add a 10% more buff its not adding that 10% on any ranger skill/atwill.

I confirm these bugs on the test server
    Drider
  • oocuper#9569 oocuper Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I appreciate the Buffs made for Hunter but its still not enough to compete with how easy and comfortable Warden is on DPS. I suggest many changes in the future, near future i hope:
    - We need a better Melee at-will still, buff careful attack from that pitiful 10 magnitude. It deals up to nothing. And rapid strike is buggy as always.
    - Plant growth should have more damage and less cooldown, or at least apply Strong Grasping roots instead of Weak grasping roots. I would honestly switch out Plant growth with Rapid volley and make Plant growth Exclusive for Hunter paragon. And buff it or give it a certain effect with a feat.
    - Make Master trapper give 2% AP when applying Strong Grasping roots, and keep it 1% for weak grasping.
    - Fix the bug when Hindering strike hits air and procs nothing, and goes on cooldown.
    HR fan but not the Mod16 one.
    Currently with 3 mains (Ranger/Barb/Pally)
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    And one more thing to consider: Reduce the cast time of Commanding Shot to one second.
    Disruptive shot 'moving back' animation was made primary in combination with long strider shot shifting back once to proc long strider speed/buff (that we all liked so much)
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Hello @joebot#9387 @noworries#8859 , Neko-Kun on PC,

I've tested this current preview patches ranger on both warden and hunter paragons in zariels challenge.

Warden is performing well other than hindering strike fail cast and the feats to the wind and storm conduit. These still need some attention. To the wind should be -5k defense, to match skirmishers gambit, and give a bonus that is on par with 25% crit sev. 10% for 10 seconds would be effective. This would not be overpowered because throw caution has poor magnitude, so using it means we lose quite a bit of damage on a better encounter. I would suggest giving boar charge and binding shot a small magnitude buff, maybe 10 or 15 mag, to bring warden on par with arcanist wizard and barbarian and close the gap with arbiters. These are our go to damage encounters in single target.

Hunter archer is performing very well. The damage is on par with melee warden. I think if the prey and commanding shot feats are fixed, it will be very strong, but only in single target. This is a good thing. I like that a specific build excels at a specific task, and makes you change the way you need to play.

Hunter trapper style is good but difficult to use. I will test more, but I think aimed strike should be given similar effectiveness to aimed shot. Right now the mag/second is much lower on aimed strike. The buffs from last patch are an improvement.

Thanks,
    Neko
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User

I've tested this current preview patches ranger on both warden and hunter paragons in zariels challenge.

Warden is performing well other than hindering strike fail cast and the feats to the wind and storm conduit. These still need some attention. To the wind should be -5k defense, to match skirmishers gambit, and give a bonus that is on par with 25% crit sev. 10% for 10 seconds would be effective. This would not be overpowered because throw caution has poor magnitude, so using it means we lose quite a bit of damage on a better encounter. I would suggest giving boar charge and binding shot a small magnitude buff, maybe 10 or 15 mag, to bring warden on par with arcanist wizard and barbarian and close the gap with arbiters. These are our go to damage encounters in single target.

Hunter archer is performing very well. The damage is on par with melee warden. I think if the prey and commanding shot feats are fixed, it will be very strong, but only in single target. This is a good thing. I like that a specific build excels at a specific task, and makes you change the way you need to play.

Hunter trapper style is good but difficult to use. I will test more, but I think aimed strike should be given similar effectiveness to aimed shot. Right now the mag/second is much lower on aimed strike. The buffs from last patch are an improvement.

Thanks,

Neko

Trapper style is working very well on trash. Especially now with less healing it's nice to have so much control available. If archer is as good as you say on single target I think we have a pretty well rounded class.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • lordaeoloslordaeolos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User

Thanks,

Neko

I have also done a lot of testing. and I concur, with the recent changes (and once prey/ commanding shot are fixed) Hunter as a pure ranged single target should be close to on par with warden, and a rooting stance switch build feels ok enough to use in trash mobs (stacking roots would help here)... As I have no intention of running the hard mode version of the trial (I have no desire to turn any of my DPS characters into tanks to run one trial for no real reward), I have already made the gear/ stat balancing changes to run my ranger as Hutner in the next mod. as it stands for go live the hunter builds are viable for all the content but the hardest trials, and with some fixes to match tooltips that should be in reach. to be honest I'm ready to go back to not treating my bow as decoration, and will suck up the DPS loss until this gets fixed
    "Lord Willow"
    Guild Leader: Mistaken Identity (formerly Midnight Express)
    My Twitch Stream
    See my Youtube Channel for guides and more

"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events."
  • chemodan007chemodan007 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    BUG (test server): Aspect of Falcon works on At-wills 10%, on Encounters ~7%, on Daily 0%
    Update: looks like Longshot feat and Aspect of Falcon works additive and not multiply

Update2: looks like Longshot feat and Aspect of Falcon and Commanding Shot feat (buff outgoing damageof hunter, Commanding Shot encounter buff incoming damage of target) works additive and not multiply

Hunter damage mechanics look very confusing.
    I have not tested all skills, maybe there are more bugs.

Update3: Seeker's Vengeance works also additive.

My bad. I lived in the century before last, buffs are currently being summed, not multiplied. Thanks

BUG: Aspect of Falcon and Seeker's Vengeance no works on Daily
    djnasty93 said:

BUGS

Commanding Shot feat buff outgoing (not incoming) damage. I.e 110(100) without feat, 121(110) with feat. It works.

Pray works additive with other feats and passives.
    Post edited by chemodan007 on
    Drider
    @chemodan007 understood, thats why when i checked 'clear the ground' effectivness i seen it was less that written, i didnt know after moltiplicate buffs changes devs made some time ago there still was some additive buffs.

Im here to ask Devs to remove the pushback on Disruptive Shot, its really impossible to play relaxed when aoe appears on your back and you need to pop that daily, so many times i go in front of the boss walking fowrward xD

@noworries#8859 @joebot#9387
    I would say thanks to you for the work we done togheter tryng to let hunter path be a real class in this mod, so many people loved trapper ranger!

theese 2 days i seen so many rangers online in tomm playn trapper build, im personally training this super tricky build and i love it, its a real challenge finally, damage done its important so you can check bad/good rotations made
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I would have to say.... I really like the changes, it makes a lot more builds viable :smile:

https://youtu.be/s76P4GN3L38
    Im using Nickel Ring and Pray for tomm, the 1% its nerfed from mod 18, it gave 25 Ap before
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User

I would have to say.... I really like the changes, it makes a lot more builds viable :smile:

Tested your rotation and have to say it works well. What I saw is that it seems shorter when I play it, just need 4 Aimed Shots to fill the holes in the encounter rotation.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • levdbronsteinlevdbronstein Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2020

This is an interesting build, definitely worth incorporating for boss fights. I'm not convinced, though, that it is as advantageous outside of those circumstances. I'd also suggest taking advantage of equipment and powers that are triggered by dailies.

RD
    Post edited by levdbronstein on
  • mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    @joebot#9387 @noworries#8859 hey guys are you still listening, I know things have went live , but I have one suggestion on the Hunter. Trapper is definitely gonna be a steady path for me now and with some one holding aggro it’s gonna be great . But can you please consider makeIng one adjustment to aimed shot and make it have mobility like penetrating arrow. We can dodge and make up the stamina loss With steel breeze but that can only be so efficient. When solo or if you pull aggro the lack of mobility is a bit hindering on your play performance and survivability, making somewhat easily defeated mob battles a bit 🤔 ,.. clunky? The trapper needs to be able to reposition easier and since aimed shot is gonna be our main atwill used inbetween the bulk , mobility on aimed shot like penetrating arrows has would make it much smoother of a ride.
    Note on Thorned Roots: since Mod 19 dropped there are now two issues with how these work.

The first, as Sume mentions in one of his videos, is that the Grasping Root mechanic which ought to trigger when a control-immune target is hit by Thorned Roots, seems to trigger instead when any target is hit by Weak Grasping Roots.

The second issue, which is new to Mod 19, is that Strong Grasping Roots now affect all targets--control-immune included--as does the DoT damage from them. This is the reason why Thorned Roots are over performing (at least insofar as what they are supposed to be doing) in ACT logs. Overall, damage output isn’t hugely inflated (since three DoTs of 75 magnitude from Thorned Roots are equivalent to the 225 magnitude that Grasping Roots inflict), but it is probably higher than it should be, especially during solo play if you are getting extra DoT damage on control-immune targets.

Given that some other control powers are affecting control-immune targets (people are bitching about repel in the new Avernus zone, for example), it may not be a root problem so much as a control-immunity problem.

Either way, the grasping-root effect isn't working properly re weak grasping roots

RD

Note on Thorned Roots: since Mod 19 dropped there are now two issues with how these work.

The first, as Sume mentions in one of his videos, is that the Grasping Root mechanic which ought to trigger when a control-immune target is hit by Thorned Roots, seems to trigger instead when any target is hit by Weak Grasping Roots.

The second issue, which is new to Mod 19, is that Strong Grasping Roots now affect all targets--control-immune included--as does the DoT damage from them. This is the reason why Thorned Roots are over performing (at least insofar as what they are supposed to be doing) in ACT logs. Overall, damage output isn’t hugely inflated (since three DoTs of 75 magnitude from Thorned Roots are equivalent to the 225 magnitude that Grasping Roots inflict), but it is probably higher than it should be, especially during solo play if you are getting extra DoT damage on control-immune targets.

Given that some other control powers are affecting control-immune targets (people are bitching about repel in the new Avernus zone, for example), it may not be a root problem so much as a control-immunity problem.

Either way, the grasping-root effect isn't working properly re weak grasping roots

RD

An update: so, thorned roots are even more screwed up (not that I mind). Using crushing roots gives added DoT damage against control-immune targets. What's more, the first hit will be 3x higher than the subsequent ones (the log below is one of multiple tests that all had the same results):

[Combat (Self)] Your Constricting Arrow deals 46969 Projectile Damage to Lax'arnorth.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Vorpal Weapon deals 2348 Arcane Damage to Lax'arnorth.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Tales Artifact Set deals 360 Cold Damage to Lax'arnorth.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Thorned Roots deals 22177 Physical Damage to Lax'arnorth.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Thorned Roots gives 0 Disable to Lax'arnorth.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Thorned Roots deals 7392 Physical Damage to Lax'arnorth.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Barkshield Armor absorbs 8548 (4146) damage from Lax'arnorth's Eyes of the Beholder.

To be clear, I think that damage output from hunters resulting from these errors is not OP. If these errors are going to be fixed, though, it will mean that changes that appeared to make hunters more viable did not, in fact, result in the desired outcome.

RD
    edited July 2020
    > @rainer#8575 said:
    > I would have to say.... I really like the changes, it makes a lot more builds viable :smile:
    >
    > https://youtu.be/s76P4GN3L38

I’m glad you went there Rainer, please tell me you also see a need for aimed shot to have mobility like penetrating arrow for a smoother play style and better repositioning when you pull aggro in situations like solo play or when in dungeons where you pull aggro of groups away from the tanks?
    Post edited by mikewho#5331 on
    edited July 2020
    @joebot#9387 @noworries#8859 I’m adapting to the fact that aimed shot doesn’t have mobility like penetrating arrow, I still think it would be a great change to the at will though. But that’s not the subject in mind. It’s a comp and while it’s not directly related to changes to the Ranger, it some what is. The panthers 10% at will bonus to rooted enemy’s is totally inop, I have tested and gotten others to test it without any rise in at will damage. I’ve made posts before about it but since there may be a better chance to get it fixed , I’m posting here and I apologize for that. The Bonus can really only be used by a ranger, I think 🤔, and now that I’m trapping out the bando, and trapping is gonna be a thing again, If you guys could fix the panther In the very near future, (please o please o please) it may save you guys from the wave of complaining trapper ranger posts that most likely will come once they all figure out the panthers bonus is inop.