test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unofficial Mod 19 Barbarian Changes List

rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
Note: UNOFFICIAL, I am not a developer.
That being said, here are all the changes I noticed.

Universal

Rage Generation

Base Rage generation from At-wills increased to 2.0 per hit (from 1.5), which will be 4.0 Rage per hit if you have Relentless Battlerage.
Base Rage generation from encounters increased to 12.5 per cast (from 10), which will be 25 Rage per cast if you have Relentless Battlerage.

DPS (Blademaster)

Relentless Slash

Fixed the "feature" that made the second hit of Relentless Slash deal 50 magnitude (now deals 40 magnitude).

Brash Strike

Raised base damage of the at-will to 110
Slightly decreased cast time out of Rage
Massively decreased cast time in Rage (don't have the exact numbers, but just try yourself and you will notice a huge difference from Mod 18).

Bloodletter

Base damage raised to 520 magnitude (from 400),

Bloodspiller (the feat)

Added effect: Now decreases Bloodletter's cooldown by 3 seconds.

Frenzy

Base damage raised to 975 magnitude.
Base cooldown dropped to 16 seconds.

Tank (Sentinel)

Rage and Rally

New feat that replaces Extended Unstoppable. This new feat causes you to generate more Aggro in Unstoppable and restores up to 40% of Stamina after Unstoppable ends, depending on Unstoppable used (don't ask me what this means, this is off the new tooltip).

Come and Get It

Base cooldown lowered to 15 seconds.

Enduring Shout

Now refills 20% of your HP and multiplies your HP count by 20% (from 10%).

Challenger's Slash

Slightly faster cast time in Unstoppable and out of Unstoppable.

Mighty Vitality

Seems to work like prepatch version (needs confirmation).

Tagged:

Comments

• rapidstar#3272 rapidstar Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    The bloodletter/bloodspiller improvement made IBS kind of obsolete. If bloodletter is getting buffed, then IBS or its feat (Indomitable rage) should be buffed as well. In my opinion preferably Indomitable rage so that players have to choose which encounter is gonna be stronger instead of having both stronger.

I did the math and brash strike is 70% stronger than sure strike. I was not counting the higher rage increase of sure strike caused by lower cast time but still.... the difference is too big. They propably did it because no one was using brash but now its gonna completly turn around - there is no reason to use sure strike even if you combine it with bilethorn.
    I've also noticed that brash strike has really strange animation when battlerage effect is on.

Hidden daggers and axestorm should be changed a little because they are useless. Either cooldowns lowered or magnitude increased. And i guess i dont even have to talk about class feature Impatience.

Barbarians should now be able to keep up with other dps classes really well when it comes to boss fights but I dont like that certain encounters are so much better than others and picking the wrong ones is gonna make you weak.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I can confirm the really weird animation of Brash Strike during Battlerage. (compared to live)
  • dududududusadududududusa Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    After activating Battlerage first combo of brash strike are not hitting(or hit 1,2 max), we need to wait 0,5s after activating tab for work it good or other things that provide us cancel the first animation. Its bad xD we are missing a lot of hits in all dung :disappointed_relieved:
  • hoveristhoverist Member Posts: 39 Arc User

Barbarians should now be able to keep up with other dps classes really well when it comes to boss fights but I dont like that certain encounters are so much better than others and picking the wrong ones is gonna make you weak.

This problem has already been said many times, but developers continue to ignore it.
    there is no choice, feats are half useless on the boss and they, and the other half with debuffs relative to the player.
    I watched the feats of the warlock, wizard or rogue - they are great for the most part and, most importantly, they work almost always!
    feats should involve class mechanics, rather than specific skills tied to keys.
  • sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    We had only few useful encounters/feats/classfeatures, and they chose to buff them, instead of spending more time on our useless stuff. This is a lazy approach in my opinion, but atleast it fixes our lack of dps on single target a bit. Obviously it is better than not getting any buffs.

But seems like animation is way too fast for brash strike right now, i mean we cant even see the animation of first and second hit properly. And if we start using brash strike right after opening battlerage, it bugs for first few attacks, which makes us lose lots of rage. As its said above, we need to cast something else right after battlerage, and then use brash strike.

And i do agree on our feats should be class wide effective, not for just 1 specific power. This way we are not forced to use that power. Because if we dont use the power, we basicly dont get any benefit from that feat. For example on single target, neither not so fast and mighty leap are useful. Again, on 4th feat, both dailies are not useful for single target. So we basicly have selection of 6 feats, and unfortunately only 3 of them are useful and all of them has a negative effect on our character. It ends up in 0 diversity between builds, everyone walks with the same exact build. This is similar for other classes aswell, but i think we suffer the most from feats.
  • sunshinehappy#2439 sunshinehappy Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Is it easier to hold aggro now as a tank?