test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problems with Soulweaver Warlock

ancientryancientry Member Posts: 18 Arc User
1. It plays now like any other healer, just not it as good as either. Thus, this makes us a rather unsavory choice in trials and epic dungeons where people can just choose loadouts to play as either, But! Hey! Sure! at least resource management is being less of a problem to us now especially as our last resource required us to damage ourselves to heal. Sure.
2. It's overstated but the really unsavory division of magnitudes in the aoe burst heal, and the fact that its aoe skill now very much plays like the clerics and the paladins bothers me
3. soulweaver warlock needs to get its untargetted aoe debuff removal back. It was one of its only good things we used to be able to give that made us bearable as healers in epic dungeons and trials
4. The lesser shield overwrites with a paladin's.

Generally, it seems to makes us less desirable as healers in the overall meta especially in trials. I can already hear the groans from the dps, complaining about how i heal so bad.
Post edited by ancientry on

Comments

• xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    If we could have our cleanse back as well that would be nice...
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I think the saddest part of this is that I really, really like the way Soulweaver plays on live right now. All it needed was a mag buff to a few powers to make it competitive with Cleric. This is .... butchery?
  • ancientryancientry Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I > @kythelion#3210 said:
    > I think the saddest part of this is that I really, really like the way Soulweaver plays on live right now. All it needed was a mag buff to a few powers to make it competitive with Cleric. This is .... butchery?

I completely agree. My soulweaver can do small heals but faster than a cleric could. The non targetted aoe really made things run smoother especially with ur shadowwalk getting into the middle of combat, getting hurt to increase outgoing healing, getting ur pillar of power up, and risking ur life to heal everyone fast,

the shield was unnecessary imo, if palas could do it better theyre gonna be chosen for it more.

plus the soulspark ui has been changed to a divinity bar and it really bothers me when u switch from dps to healer. it doesnt feel at all like the same class, just a sad cleric pala hybrid reskin
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I recently switched from heal cleric to heal SW on live because SW is just plain more fun. Yes, my Cleric is better and it is undeniably my main forever, but it's actually pretty ho-hum to play these days. SW is a much more active healer, and prettier. The change to the Soul Sparks is incredibly disappointing. I like seeing the sparks. If I want a divinity bar I'll play my cleric.
  • adsfelipeadsfelipe Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    i like the changes so far.. it made us kinda viable again...

but the overwrite thing with pals have to be fix.. no one will invite us if we keep removing the pala shield