test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC][SEVERE BUG(s)!!!] Wizard Cooldown Bug + Stunlock issue

c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
edited May 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
And I've found so many bugs since I've came back to play...

1. "1 sec" bug
2. Stunlock+"1sec" bug
3. Emphasis on the "1sec bug" affecting other powers dynamically

So the basis of the "1 sec" bug is as follows:

- The use of Arcane Empowerment daily will trigger a mechanic that shortens the cooldown for Encounters.
- Repel has the shortest time-cast-animation ratio than all other Encounter powers.
- There are boons and features which also shorten the time for the use of the encounters

https://streamable.com/8se3rr

I was able to produce a 1sec bug on Arcane empowerment two weeks ago and figuring out that it's probably Repel's fault. Still not sure on that, but I do think that 70% it's Repel. I could be wrong on that, I could be right, but I've seen the Arcane Empowerment constantly reproducing said bug in combination with Repel switching from Single Target to the Spell Mastery. Extremely annoying in any rotation with bosses that follows after with mobs.

I assume that by using a combination of these three will manage to produce a "1 sec cooldown" bug. This bug remains for the duration of the run/death/relog and the power itself won't work! it's like having one broken arm.
The power will appear to be ready for casting, but it won't cast. Animation will show, but it won't do anything..
Instead, after you press the corresponding button for the power itself, it will go on a cooldown for 1.0-1.2sec and you can "cast" again, only to fail yet again.

Now, for the 2nd bug and how that bug comes from the first bug:

Check this one

https://streamable.com/k3xou2

The infamous Stunlock bug in correlation with the Arcane Empowerment bug effectively double-transmitted directly from Encounter (R for Repel), switched to AoE build after 2nd boss in TIC, then Repel was on TAB Spell Mastery which I used once and then somehow the bug's effect transmitted to the Encounters again.

Happens under different conditions, too, and can be tricky to reapply it.

In this video I took yesterday, fist you can see a semi-animation lock that happened at one point, after which the animation itself got stuck. This is all after 2nd boss where I played a Single Target loadout. Repel wasn't slotted on Spell Mastery during that phase. Arcane Empowerment bug did appear several times during the fight, as usual.

How it started? Problem started right after I switched to AoE build and Repel was on Spell Mastery. As soon as I used it, things have gotten weird very fast. My animations went crazy, and I couldn't damage any enemies. Initially, I believed this to be a lag issue. I was wrong and there was no lag, whatsoever.
My teammates went ahead to destroy the imps in TIC, but I remained behind to take a video. After that video, I did a relog, waited for around 30 seconds and came back into the game. I was able to move again. I went to the group of enemies that my teammates were fighting, but I wasn't able to damage enemies up until I got hit. I think it was Focused Retaliation that activated a damage number (I think it doesn't crit, however), after which it was an enemy' spell that lifted me into mid-air. I was able to damage enemies with either one or two spells.

https://streamable.com/auulqy

I was able to hit a bit right after enemies hit me, however as soon as that fight was over I was completely stun-locked into one position and couldn't move nor cast spells. (you can easily tell I was able to hit soon after by looking at either Lionguard arms buffs or damage floaters)

I will repeat - there was no lag involved because opheal was playing sitting right next to me and we're on the same IP.

There are no files I didn't download, everything is checked already.

3. It is possible that 1sec bug can be transfered like a virus between other powers, affecting them dynamically regardless if they are single target or AoE. Initially I didn't believe that it is possible to transfer said bugs to Encounter spells (see 1st video) but now I do when I saw how weird Icy Terrain and Steal Time behaved. Those are two different spells, two different calls, two different powers - point is, it shouldn't happen like that, so the problem is far greater than I initially believed.

Some observations:

- I could use powers three times before I get stunlocked completely.
- This didn't happen prior to the nerf on the Wizard class in 2020.
- I never had this issue before, but I know of Rogues who did in Fane of the Night Serpent after which they'd fall through the texture (for whatever heavenly reason, luckily that stopped happening)
True Neutral
Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language

Comments

• Options
    regpeiregpei Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    That cooldown bug also happens on my fighter a lot with shield throw. Seems to be after I use a scroll of mass life. I'll spam shield throw, half the anamation will play, but the power doesn't fire. Eventually you'll see 1-2 second cooldown and it'll work again.
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    This cooldown bug still happens..

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    "The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker