test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Issues with the Travel Signpost

joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
This may not be a new issue but it has just been brought to my attention with personal experience. Here is the rundown:

When you summon the signpost, activate it, and select your destination you get sunk into the ground, forced into first person view, and then immediately go to a loading screen loading your destination.

Seems harmless enough since you are traveling, right? I used to think the same until I tried using it to leave a cave when enemies were pursuing me. Here is what happened:

- I summoned the signpost, activated it, and chose my destination.
- Enemies came and engaged me in combat during the process.
- I got sunk into the ground but did not travel due to enemy engaging me.
- I could not move, could not turn the camera, but could still use menu options and attacks.
- Then ranged enemies came along... And I could not aim at them to hit them with ranged attacks of my own as a result, and they were out of reach of my AoEs.
- I could not use I'm Stuck because I was in combat, so I had to defeat myself.
- After defeating myself, I remained stuck in the ground and in first person view.
- I summoned the signpost again and was able to activate it and travel.
- Shortly after I loaded into my destination, I was disconnected. This was likely due to the issue with being stuck in the ground.

So yeah, what once seemed like a harmless side effect of the signpost is not so harmless after all. A fix for the signpost usage sinking us into the ground and putting us in first person view would be much appreciated!