test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mark Event Quests As Completed On Actual Completion, Not Hand-In!

deadmano#4272 deadmano Member Posts: 73 Arc User
I'm a pepega, and you're a pepega, and so is Tom, HAMSTER, and Harry, and clearly that is a problem. WHAT?! Okay... So, let's take the Hell Pit for example. If you do the bonus round, on completion of it, you get your bonus reward immediately. Which is great!

HOWEVER, once you actually finish the Hell Pit for the day, you get teleported to the Hall of Justice for some unknown reason, and you think to yourself; "My, that was rather exquisite! Tomorrow again then?" and call it a day...

The issue is when you approach the shirtless wonder of an NPC come the following day after server reset, and to your horror find that you are only THEN handing the quest in that you forgot to "complete"...

TL;DR: Can all event participation quests, such as the Hell Pit, actually resolve as "complete" and hand you your rewards when you perform the task, just like other quests of a similar nature do? Or at the very least be able to still pick up another quest, even after handing a PREVIOUS day's quest in?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    marylovesyoum#1073 marylovesyoum Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Agreeing with what is being said here^ Please, PLEASE fix this.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    The nature of these quest is always when you hand in. That may not be obvious for new players but it is its nature.
    When you complete an HE, you don't get your reward (unless you do the extra step of CTRL-F).

The main issue here is it send you to Hall of Justice which is wrong.
    Previous hell pit event send you back to where you enter.
    Do I want the quest be done when you complete instead of going back to the quest giver? The answer is no for me because I can time the right time to hand it in for the best benefit. Of course, not in this particular case though.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    deadmano#4272 deadmano Member Posts: 73 Arc User

The nature of these quest is always when you hand in. That may not be obvious for new players but it is its nature.
    When you complete an HE, you don't get your reward (unless you do the extra step of CTRL-F).

Do I want the quest be done when you complete instead of going back to the quest giver? The answer is no for me because I can time the right time to hand it in for the best benefit. Of course, not in this particular case though.

Fair enough! But let me put this to you;

You grind out your Hell Pit event, call it a night, and get on after the server reset, hand your quest in, but then notice you can't take another Hell Pit quest, even though it is a new day, and all you're claiming is a reward... If there was a way that we could seperate quests from rewards, so that each new day gives a nice quest, that'd be amazing. :)
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited May 2020

Fair enough! But let me put this to you;

You grind out your Hell Pit event, call it a night, and get on after the server reset, hand your quest in, but then notice you can't take another Hell Pit quest, even though it is a new day, and all you're claiming is a reward... If there was a way that we could seperate quests from rewards, so that each new day gives a nice quest, that'd be amazing. :)
    As I said, it is "natural" for this game. There are many other quests have the same effect. If you submit the quest the next day, you would not get the quest of the next day. Also, as I said, one would do that intentionally (I am not talking about this particular quest).

The biggest mistake this event has is to send you to Hall of Justice and no dotted trail to lead you back to the soul broker (unless you marked the quest and it is not the default).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***