test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can y’all please buff our st at wills.

blaze#9367 blaze Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Yooo this is my first forum post here. I am a PS4 player and have been playing since launch on PS4 but Mained gwf for 3 years. I’m very disappointed that m16 screwed up our at wills and yet they haven’t don’t anything about it. I’d rather have sure strike buff than that clunky brash strike. Only reason I just started complaining and took it to the forum is cause the amount of times I can’t get into a tomm training group cause I’m a barb dps is annoying af. People always asking cws hrs and trs. And I knows it’s meta but let’s be honest it’s cause barbs st is absolutely garbage. And I know a lotta of people will say “why don’t you just be a barb tank?” Cause I mained dps for 3 years and if I wanna tank I’ll use my pally. I’m not gonna tank on my gwf if I mained dps for 3 years. Games been out for almost 4 years on PS4 and I think 5 or 6 on pc and almost a year ago gwfs who are now barbs are now no more a godly dps. Don’t get me wrong ain’t nothing wrong with being a barb tank just not for me. And I know that sws and gfs are in a bad state but dude I think I heard they are adjusting whisper knife on trs. Bro seriously and you have all these other dps problems. I understand you wanna even at class paths but bro fix the base classes first then do that. I’m no a game design or coder but I do know it does take time but I waited 2 mods for them to buff that clunky <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> brash strike and still not do anything. Am doing to top it all off. How are you gonna make a once mainly dps class have 3 defense slots in the dps path. A couple months after m16 dropped I said nope and went to bdo and when I heard Chris Whiteside, excuse me if I spelled your name wrong, joined I was and am hoping he would change this game for the better and so far he has. Bro plz fix these classes.

Answers

• eshkull#7182 eshkull Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    So let me preface this by saying I was around since the release of ToD on PC. I remember very strikingly that Barb (previously known as GWF had a very broken combo; Come and get it, hidden daggers, IBS. That combo alone was depressingly strong, EVERYONE USED IT. And then people figured out another combo that wasn't as strong but was still strong in the fact that it was used in PvE more than PVP. Don't get me wrong, I want to see all classes balanced but it'll take time for that to happen.

Something I've noticed across all classes is they are giving the non-meta classes (WK and cleric) a chance to shine in the DPS department. My thoughts are that once they fix the bugs and work everything else out, we will see more class balancing. But for now, complaining and crying about at-wills for a specific paragon won't do us any good. I do feel for you that they are a little weak, But you have to think, what else has the class got going for it?
  • zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    It's pathetic. The official reason for the utter *gutting* of the one indisputable ace-in-the-hole this game had - combat - with Mod 16 was to remove meta party builds, to create class balance so that all were equally viable. In short: they destroyed the game's best strengths to supposedly even the playing field....and ended up re-creating the exact same scenario/problem they claimed to want to fix, except this time with different classes being the meta compared to the old meta.

The sheer amount of incompetence on display is staggering, and frankly, had something like that happened at any of the places I've worked at in my life, I'd expect heads to roll. Must be nice to live in an insulated IT world without any direct accountability.

And no, Foss, many of us *do not* want to be constantly joined at the hip to other players just to run basic content. If you love it so much (and for the record I don't believe for a moment that you actually play your own game - if you did you'd discover the issues we've brought to your attention *for years* in an afternoon of focused gaming), why don't you sit down with a lvl 1 character - no special dev tool/cheat shenanigans either. Hop to it! See how you like your own dumpster fire being unleashed upon yourself.