test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rage of Bel now on Preview!

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    No class reworks, this is a storyline update for the most part
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    so I logged in and the Bells emissary was on -- a purple circle on the map (Btw ATM the red Bell circles for HEs is not showing on the map). I went and fought it. I defeated Bell and I got no reward. A text said the event is over. Not sure what i missed?? I went back to Vallenhas SH, checked the map and it showed that the event is still on for 16 min. But even if the event is over those who step into the fight should get their reward if it is within reasonable time (the fight per see could be timed), or it will be the TOO all over when people did not get rewards when the new dungeon reset.
  • sgrantdevsgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer

so I logged in and the Bells emissary was on -- a purple circle on the map (Btw ATM the red Bell circles for HEs is not showing on the map). I went and fought it. I defeated Bell and I got no reward. A text said the event is over. Not sure what i missed?? I went back to Vallenhas SH, checked the map and it showed that the event is still on for 16 min. But even if the event is over those who step into the fight should get their reward if it is within reasonable time (the fight per see could be timed), or it will be the TOO all over when people did not get rewards when the new dungeon reset.

Can you clarify a little bit more? You got no reward from the defeat bel quest or from the fight directly?

• douglasopferbeckdouglasopferbeck Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    The +5 Ring of Bel is horrible, I can’t see any class wanting it. Maybe take the 30 second cooldown timer off of it?
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Did the “Ring the Bel” quest, killed Bel, turned in quest, got rewards (Nice rings!). Did not get new quest. Challenged Bel two more times, got no rewards.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Just did the initial quest where you face Bel. Two issues:

1. The first time I loaded the catapult nothing happened and I had to get another boulder and reload it. This led to issue #2.
    2. The fires never go away. This is problematic when there are a ton of them all over the ammunition pile since it prevents you from getting another boulder. I found that the fires only go away when you have reached the maximum number of fires that the map can sustain, at which point fires start to disappear starting with the oldest. This maximum number is...very high.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    hustin1 said:

1. The first time I loaded the catapult nothing happened and I had to get another boulder and reload it. This led to issue #2.
    2. The fires never go away. This is problematic when there are a ton of them all over the ammunition pile since it prevents you from getting another boulder. I found that the fires only go away when you have reached the maximum number of fires that the map can sustain, at which point fires start to disappear starting with the oldest. This maximum number is...very high.

When you loaded it the first time did you by chance move at the last second slightly?
    The fires should go away after a period of time starting with the oldest.

• jason#1428 jason Member Posts: 1 New User
    why is patching taking forever?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    sgrantdev said:

hustin1 said:

When you loaded it the first time did you by chance move at the last second slightly?
    The fires should go away after a period of time starting with the oldest.

It's possible. The fires under my feet were relentless so I might have been trying to not get fried. I couldn't say for certain, though. It was several minutes before I could get another boulder because the ammunition pile was saturated with fire. The Vallenhas guards might want to bring some buckets of water with them so they can keep that area clear.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    The Absorption rate discriminates against the AOE classes.

So, us Archer Warden have long cast times x low damage x dots x aoes with weak at wills (the worst of the worst combinations)

Meanwhile classes such as Double Handed swords/axes which - by any logical limit - should have the LOWEST rate of attack have the HIGHEST rate of attack (like they are wielding butterknives) and high damages.

Our damage is far too spread out to get *credit* for absorption kills. It's the same way Bloodtheft enchantment discriminates agains AOE/Dot classes. It only favors burst classes.

There's no way in Hell (yes, that hell) I'll touch that Heroic Encounter again. I hit practically every single mob (in fact, I"m the one pulling them) and I'm not getting any % increase like 95% of the whole encounter because other classes have higher throughput % damaging per mobs and they get rewarded instead.

The threshold need to be lowered or the formula need to be changed to include AOE classes whose damages are spread out and not concentrated on 1 mob.
  • aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    zerappus said:

All Dps classes have very capable single target builds. There is no such thing as an AOE only Dps Class.

Switch to your single target powers and get the finishing hits on the mobs, you'll see a much faster absorption rate.
  • evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Got a transmute out of the new shop box, something along the lines of infernal shield.
    When equipping, previewing or adding to library and using as reskin, my shield would disappear.
    Possibly because it's not supposed to be out yet, but figured I'd point it out.
    evemj said:

Got a transmute out of the new shop box, something along the lines of infernal shield.
    When equipping, previewing or adding to library and using as reskin, my shield would disappear.
    Possibly because it's not supposed to be out yet, but figured I'd point it out.

Thanks for the report. Should be fixed patch after next.

• matii#4660 matii Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Add that buff from Awakened Forger's Box persists through death and it will be BiS
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    This is really bad. You take the most hated feature in the game heroic encounters and force it down the players throat... Please do not add he's in future episodes . The vast majority of players HATE it
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

Please stop making new fashion items, we have the awesome appearance catalog now. I just want to mix and match gear sets. Make them all the Level 1 Transmute gear appearance items please!

Or give me the option to trade in fashion items to a vendor for their Level 1 Transmute equivalents.

Make all the "worthless" items tradeable, unbound. I have well over 30 vanity pets, and countless fashion items, that to me are totally worthless. I don't care about fashion HAMSTER, and the vanity pets were a stupid addition to the game IMHO. I would be much happier being able to sell these for ad on the auction house or sell for minimum 1-20 each each to the various vendors. I bet there a lots of people out there that do care about fashion items or vanity pets that would love to be able to buy that one last one they want on the auction house or trade for whatever when their RNG is so bad they just never get the piece they want as a drop...
  • agonistes#1431 agonistes Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    mynaam said:

This is really bad. You take the most hated feature in the game heroic encounters and force it down the players throat... Please do not add he's in future episodes . The vast majority of players HATE it

Most people I know don't mind them. What else would you suggest they do with their limited dev team? Force us to run the same dungeon over and over?
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    zerappus said:

So, us Archer Warden have long cast times x low damage x dots x aoes with weak at wills (the worst of the worst combinations)

Meanwhile classes such as Double Handed swords/axes which - by any logical limit - should have the LOWEST rate of attack have the HIGHEST rate of attack (like they are wielding butterknives) and high damages.

Our damage is far too spread out to get *credit* for absorption kills. It's the same way Bloodtheft enchantment discriminates agains AOE/Dot classes. It only favors burst classes.

There's no way in Hell (yes, that hell) I'll touch that Heroic Encounter again. I hit practically every single mob (in fact, I"m the one pulling them) and I'm not getting any % increase like 95% of the whole encounter because other classes have higher throughput % damaging per mobs and they get rewarded instead.

The threshold need to be lowered or the formula need to be changed to include AOE classes whose damages are spread out and not concentrated on 1 mob.

I tested as an Hunter ranger spamming Rapid Volley and my rate was pretty high.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    nisckis said:

I'm not sure if it's intended, the new appearance for Hood of Vallenhas has lost all that made it cool

this one was the original version

That's bad, the dark face cover made it special
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • justtester#3228 justtester Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    sgrantdev said:

Can you clarify a little bit more? You got no reward from the defeat bel quest or from the fight directly?

I stop getting a reward from the Bel fight itself. Now Ring the Bel seems to be completable but after defeating Bel the chart didn't show any reward neither anything about Gold/Silver/Bronze rank as previously. And I think I stop getting a reward even before I've completed the quest (but after last patch).

Also I look at Valenhas map right now, it shows 0% progress but the entrance to Bel fight is active and there is no active "insurgence" encounters. Another bug?
    This forum is an echo chamber

sgrantdev said:

I stop getting a reward from the Bel fight itself. Now Ring the Bel seems to be completable but after defeating Bel the chart didn't show any reward neither anything about Gold/Silver/Bronze rank as previously. And I think I stop getting a reward even before I've completed the quest (but after last patch).

Also I look at Valenhas map right now, it shows 0% progress but the entrance to Bel fight is active and there is no active "insurgence" encounters. Another bug?
    Can confirm this. No insurgencies, no rewards for defeating Bel and no Ring the Bel quest.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    sgrantdev said:

Nope, I did not get any reward from the fight - and I mean the Infernal secrets. But before that I got 1x a reward from completing "defeat Bel" quest from Alyssia. After that I could not pick up the quest again. I went back a few time and every time I only saw a purple spot on the map for Bel fight, timer on the Rage of Bel meter showed various times indicating that the fight was still available. I defeated Bel 2x and not once I got Infernal Secrets. I talked to Alyssia and she had no quest. After that I gave up. Does that means that after fulfilling the quest the testing of the event was shut down? or I need to get the quest again?
    I just went there and noting changed. No quest and no HEs showing for me. Only purple spot on the map for Bel fight spot but timer is at 0. The dark portal is not active so I can not progress.
    @sgrantdev If current preview build is whats going live this thursday, players will not be able to progress/farm the content at all.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • necromanceheronecromancehero Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Black Ice Horse, as I understand it, not fixed?
    Or rightly say: did not get up
    I am confused in the definitions
  • timor211timor211 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User

we can't enter to fight Bel with a group

we can only go alone

timor211 said:

we can't enter to fight Bel with a group

we can only go alone

Is everyone in your group flagged to do rage of bel content?