test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about using 2x the same rings or rings with the same equip power

mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
i'm a returning player. when I was last playing it was a known thing that you couldn't stack 2 rings with the same equip power, like 2x gravestriker+5 or 2x shadowstalker+5 wouldn't stack. now i'm back I am seeing a lot of players using 2 of the same ring, like 2x striking ring of the veteran /master, or 2x protégé rings.

do ring equip powers stack now? has this been tested?

Comments

• nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    @mullymoomoo#7130 Here are a few known bonus that stacks and don't stacks, tested.

Sniper’s Perk –stacks 2x.
    Brute’s Fury – stacks at different ranks.
    At-Will Perk – does not stack
    Encounter Perk – does not stack
    Charged Fury – does not stack
    HAMSTER for Tat – does not stack.
    Swordsman Perks - stacks 2x.

I only tested one relevant to my class build.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Sniper’s Perk + Encounter Perk = stack? @nic1985
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    @admiralwarlord#3792 Two different bonus so they will proc independently from each other. So no they cannot stack as the bonus are not the same.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    nic1985 said:

@admiralwarlord#3792 Two different bonus so they will proc independently from each other. So no they cannot stack as the bonus are not the same.

This means that Bulwarks Defense(3% def against ranged attacks) does not stack with 3% def bonus(can't remember name). If so totally lame BS, as it should stack if even if different. Also on console(xbox at least) we can't see Bulwarks defense in our buff bar like Snipers perk/swordsman perk. So we don't even know if they are really working or stacking(2x Bulwarks defense)...
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    It isn't a matter of stacking, but instead of a 6% against ranged, you have two separate 3% chances that may proc.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • maarte#2715 maarte Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Strange because i have tested 3% tet for tat with 3% at will perk and my at will damage increased I tested with a wooden mace however stacking with another at will perk does not work at all the dmg stayed the same. It has to be tet for tat with either at-will or encounter perk to get the damage stack as they dont stack within themselves
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    Hamster for Tat? Do we pick that up from Minsc and Boo?
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts