test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Been trying to play all week, please let me!

gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
The Server Not Responding and Disconnect gods have worked their wrath upon all Faerun this whole week, making adventure impossible.

I will not be the only one to flee this entire realm if it does not end soon, so please actually care for once, PWE.

Comments

• Options
    hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Did you try to use a proxy in the Neverwinter launcher? This may help.

Open the game launcher - Options - Category 'Game' - Gameplay Proxy - Here you can choose either US or EU so maybe try both and see what works better
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    have u tried vpn?
  • Options
    I live in the US, I need no proxy nor do I use one, the problem is NOT on my end, everything else works fine, and my internet is good, 300mbps fiber optic connection.
  • Options
    hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    gradii said:

I live in the US, I need no proxy nor do I use one, the problem is NOT on my end, everything else works fine, and my internet is good, 300mbps fiber optic connection.

This may sound harsh but I think the problem is on your end. Thousands of people can play Neverwinter without the issue you have. Of course we should figure out why this happens and consider every possible solution.

Do you use any VPN or proxies?
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    No one is saying the issue is on your end, but the issue may not also be on Cryptic's end as well. I live in CA, so I have similar connection as the devs do, but someone in Florida for example might have some issues due to bottlenecking, packet losses, etc due to something that is happening between Florida and CA. Granted I don't know the server location, just that the Cryptic office is in CA.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    gradii said:

I am not in US and I have no problem with the server. Not even lag. I don't have 300mbps fiber optic connection. Why don't I have problem but you do? I am pretty sure Cryptic does not treat me in a special way.

For me, it is pretty obvious that there is an issue in your current route from your home to the server.
    If that is the case, you can't fix it and Cryptic can't fix it.
    One solution is to avoid that route. VPN and proxy change the route.

A to B may be faster direct route but when there is an accident, there will be a traffic jam and will take forever. Sometime, goes a long detour, A to C to D to E to F to B can be faster.

The guy in A keeps on saying I have no problem to go to the rest of the city except to B. B must be the problem.
    The office in B getting all the visitors from the rest of the city too except those lives in the other end of one of the highways.
    The guy in A keeps on telling the office in B to fix it. B keeps on saying "I can't fix the highway traffic jam. Can you come in using different route?"
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    hastati96 said:

gradii said:

This may sound harsh but I think the problem is on your end. Thousands of people can play Neverwinter without the issue you have. Of course we should figure out why this happens and consider every possible solution.

Do you use any VPN or proxies?
    If the problem was on my end then other games would have issues- NWO is the only game which has this issue.

I do not use proxies or VPN as I have said a few times already, I do not use wireless home network, my computer is wired directly into my fiber optic connection, my internet is perfect.

If you claim to not have the issue you are A: Trolling, or B: Not anywhere on the same network path between me and NWO servers. I know with 100% certainty anyone on the same network path will have the same issue if not EVERYONE has it.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    It doesn't have to be on your end. It also doesn't have to be on their end. It could be in between.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    I started using a proxy which seems to help. glad it does I was at wits end.
  • Options
    emdragon1985emdragon1985 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Since I haven't posted on the forums before [played NWO on and off] I can't really make a new thread but this is relevant to the topic at hand. The game seems to be crashing and freezing alot since I re-downloaded it onto my PC [gpu is a fairly recent model and drivers are up to date] is anybody else having this issue? The gameplay is fun but I'll have to stick with the ps4 version if the steam/PC version doesn't stop crashing/freezing up anytime I try to play my ranger.
  • Options
    mark1971jmsmark1971jms Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    @emdragon1985 try running the game directly without Steam or Arc launchers. I had issues with both occasionally, so I now run the game launcher directly.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Also turn off the "Patch On Demand".
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.